Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is sounds similar to how my experience started. My whole budget was predicated off of the first shop who quoted me what it would take to get these installed. Once the parts arrived and they took a look, they said it was not what they are capable of doing and I had to find another place.

I've contemplated writing a lessons learned or similar post about my experience in case it helped someone else avoid some of the pitfalls I fell into. For me personally, I've never modified a vehicle so I didnt really appreciate the leap I was making until I was neck deep. Lots of people are interested in the cost to do a project like this but Its so much more than that.

My assumption is they installed the hood but you will need someone to prep and paint them for you? Or are you planning on wrapping it?
Gmornng, the hood was done last summer. With the original shop and painted in AMB. No issues. I'm just having the fenders & liners done this time. If you do I write up... I would suggest that people (buyers) talk to the vendor on if they recommend any shops in the buyers area. Our search (google, a friend of a friend's cousin) may not come up with the experience needed.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! As you can see in my avatar I too have the hood. I went with forged carbon sas flares for my build, and I love them.

I think the build came out great.

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys.

Curious as I'm only intending the ram air hood from ADV ( not fenders )....

Is it relatively safe to assume that the bulk of the complexity and difficulty is more regarding the fenders / quarters and not so much with the ram air hood? I would expect the blending the fenders / flares is the challenge and the hood is hopefully relatively simple including basically porting over the hood latch, experiment with the hood stop adjustments and simply have the paint shop prep/prime/paint hood which should be easy peasy for any body shop ?

I was planning on moving hardware over to ADV hood and mounting hood myself and dropping it off at the body shop for paint. Also assume that I don't have to dial in the hood alignment too much as I'd assume the body shop is going to remove hood when there anyways to prep / spray and they will dial in the hood alignment and level themselves upon completion? I would think k just need to get good good enough to safely close / latch to drive it over.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 2 inch kit from ADV and the body shop I used received the parts directly and prepped the Bronco for install. They did say the resin coating how it arrives out of the box is not ready for paint and they had to sand down the fiberglass to even it out and even applied bondo in some parts that were uneven. They also stated the edges needed a lot of love.

Once everything was prepped, I asked them not to blend the doors or hood, just spray the fenders off the vehicle and they nailed down the color almost perfectly and I get a lot of comments saying the same from others looking at the vehicle.

Now, I did have to take my Bronco to ADV for some help and they did find that the body shop did use silicone is some parts before reinstalling where they were not supposed to use any and the installation was a little bit uneven (to the ADV installer's eyes) but if you ask me, this looks spot on. I am sure they are perfectionists and have a better eye than I do but overall I am happy with the install.

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! I love the blending on the rear doors. My 8" kit just shipped, I'm super excited to see how it turns out.

Sponsored

Barny227

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for doing the write up. Your rig looks amazing. Using the fender delete kit to cover up some of the ugliness was a stroke of genius.
After seeing all of these write ups about ADV I think that I am going to give Anderson Composites a try for my 2-door.

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I cant wait to get that hood. Think it looks great.

OP
OP

j_r_s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys.

Curious as I'm only intending the ram air hood from ADV ( not fenders )....

Is it relatively safe to assume that the bulk of the complexity and difficulty is more regarding the fenders / quarters and not so much with the ram air hood? I would expect the blending the fenders / flares is the challenge and the hood is hopefully relatively simple including basically porting over the hood latch, experiment with the hood stop adjustments and simply have the paint shop prep/prime/paint hood which should be easy peasy for any body shop ?

I was planning on moving hardware over to ADV hood and mounting hood myself and dropping it off at the body shop for paint. Also assume that I don't have to dial in the hood alignment too much as I'd assume the body shop is going to remove hood when there anyways to prep / spray and they will dial in the hood alignment and level themselves upon completion? I would think k just need to get good good enough to safely close / latch to drive it over.
Yea, I'd say thats a fair assessment based on my experience through this process. In regards to any body shop comment, one of my blockers was finding a place that would work on after market fiberglass. Assuming you find a willing party you should be in and out pretty easily.

Sponsored

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, I'd say thats a fair assessment based on my experience through this process. In regards to any body shop comment, one of my blockers was finding a place that would work on after market fiberglass. Assuming you find a willing party you should be in and out pretty easily.
Ah alright.

Interesting on the comment about some shops having issue with fiberglass to prep / paint. I'll definitely call around and ensure this is not an issue.

Thanks for your response.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ooh, I like the blended door pieces! My body guys had a hell of a time getting those trim pieces to fit properly and I ended up with some gap/overlap.

Rodzm

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Base
What did it run you to get the hood painted?

OP
OP

j_r_s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did it run you to get the hood painted?
For me, I'm not sure what the cost was for just the hood because I had the hood and fenders done all at the same time. I was quoted for time and materials. There are some others on this thread who might be able to share their experience that would be more helpful.

I know most folks are interested in cost and effort for these sorts of things so I'll share a little bit more to give insight:
- I've seen some folks post that ADV charged about $2500 for installing fenders.
- When talking to ADV, they mentioned their experienced techs can do the install in about 8-10hrs. They suggested for an experienced body shop it they would expect you to be quoted around 16hrs or so. This is just for the install.
- I had multiple quotes around 30-40hrs time estimate for hood, fenders, paint, etc - the whole project.
- Materials cost estimates were roughly the same across shops.
- Keep in mind there are parts not provided by ADV that need to be purchased for a proper install. Nothing crazy in cost, just something to keep in mind to speed up the job. If you can have it all available when you have the vehicle worked on, it will go faster.
- You can purchase painted rings online vs going to a body shop. Prices will vary based on how you want them painted.

Time estimates will vary based on how professional you want the body lines. Its best to be upfront with the shop about your intentions. Are you looking to take the bronco to SEMA or the trails? Are you just hoping to cover it with a wrap right after its installed? Do you want the full body of the car painted, blended, or just the panels painted? Lots of options that will drive costs and time.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How wet does the engine get when driving in the rain or through big puddles? A little worried about electronics and wiring under the hood getting wet.
Sponsored