j_r_s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts fenders+hood on the Bronco has been one heck of an adventure. @ADV Fiberglass was great to work with, but don't be fooled, it's an effort to achieve a professional-looking installation. After a really really really long process, it's finally done. I'm pretty stoked at how it turned out.

Some highlights:
  • I added a fender delete kit to hide where the previous fender connected so I could take the doors off without calling attention to that section
  • The rear quarter door add-ons have been molded into the door to make them look OEM (no lines!)
  • The liners were rhino lined to make them look extra crisp
  • A pop of color on the wheels
It just got out of the shop so hopefully more pictures to come once I can get it into its natural habitat!

Ford Bronco ADV Fenders + Ram Air Hood Install on White Bronco IMG_6449 Copy Copy Copy.JPG

Ford Bronco ADV Fenders + Ram Air Hood Install on White Bronco fender-delete

Ford Bronco ADV Fenders + Ram Air Hood Install on White Bronco door

Ford Bronco ADV Fenders + Ram Air Hood Install on White Bronco inside-door

Ford Bronco ADV Fenders + Ram Air Hood Install on White Bronco rear-quarter

Ford Bronco ADV Fenders + Ram Air Hood Install on White Bronco full-front-side.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
What was so difficult about installing the fenders+hood? Finishing and paint matching?

OP
OP

j_r_s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was so difficult about installing the fenders+hood? Finishing and paint matching?
All of the above and then some for the fenders. If you read other forum posts about installation, you'll see a common theme. Full disclosure, I did not do the work myself. IMO, the molding is something unique and came about due to fitment issues and questions about what kind of conditions could cause some of the pieces to come off given Broncos are meant to be off-road. Molding ensures no piece is left behind given ADVs recommendation is to use two sided tape.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats!!! Did you do the hood and fenders all at once or was the hood done earlier? Would you share what the cost for the fender install?

Also, did you have them spray both sides of the fenders and wheel wells?

I did the ram air last summer and just dropped off my fenders at the shop today. I went with the 8".

Again, well done and looks sharp!!!👍👍

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks very nice. Did ADV do the work or somewhere else? How did they blend the fiberglass into the aluminum door?

Bondo?

OP
OP

j_r_s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats!!! Did you do the hood and fenders all at once or was the hood done earlier? Would you share what the cost for the fender install?

Also, did you have them spray both sides of the fenders and wheel wells?

I did the ram air last summer and just dropped off my fenders at the shop today. I went with the 8".

Again, well done and looks sharp!!!👍👍
Yep, did all it in one shot.

Regarding the cost of the fenders... well, its complicated. As part of this project I had some of the worst and best luck all combined into one experience. I was a victim of a crime mid way through the project so my experience was (hopefully) completely abnormal. Any numbers that I would share wouldnt be helpful.

And yes, the fenders should be sprayed on both sides, but I didnt visually inspect them prior to being put on.

Best of luck with the 8" fenders! I purchased mine shortly after the 5" flares became available otherwise I would have had a tough time deciding between the 5" and 8". I hope yours turns out great. Share a pic once done.

Last edited:
OP
OP

j_r_s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks very nice. Did ADV do the work or somewhere else? How did they blend the fiberglass into the aluminum door?

Bondo?
I'm on the east coast otherwise I would have used ADV for the install. Everyone's experience is different, but if you've never done anything like this before and its a possibility then I'd highly recommend having the company that manufactures the part also do the install.

Regarding the doors, I believe they screwed the fiberglass into the door to secure it and then filled the seams with duraglass.

Sponsored

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome! Time to get it dirty now!!

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, did all it in one shot.

Regarding the cost of the fenders... well, its complicated. As part of this project I had some of the worst and best luck all combined into one experience. I was a victim of a crime mid way through the project so my experience was (hopefully) completely abnormal. Any numbers that I would share wouldnt be helpful.

And yes, the fenders should be sprayed on both sides, but I didnt visually inspect them prior to being put on.

Best of luck with the 8" fenders! I purchased mine shortly after the 5" flares became available otherwise I would have had a tough time deciding between the 5" and 8". I hope yours turns out great. Share a pic once done.
It's always an adventure for sure... My fenders arrived 3 weeks ago at the shop. I preped the Bronco for the install (pulled the flares, fender liners, step rails, rear bumper). Arrived at the shop this morning to drop it off. At noon they called and said they are not / the staff is not up to that level of install. Would have been nice if they said that 3 weeks ago... BTW, they did my hood.

I reached out to AFC and they recommended a shop here in NJ that will start on it this week. I'm sure the adventure is not over... Will update when complete.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A white one. And still on factory set up. Thumbs up.

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's always an adventure for sure... My fenders arrived 3 weeks ago at the shop. I preped the Bronco for the install (pulled the flares, fender liners, step rails, rear bumper). Arrived at the shop this morning to drop it off. At noon they called and said they are not / the staff is not up to that level of install. Would have been nice if they said that 3 weeks ago... BTW, they did my hood.

I reached out to AFC and they recommended a shop here in NJ that will start on it this week. I'm sure the adventure is not over... Will update when complete.
Just curious how much they charged to do the hood?

OP
OP

j_r_s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is sounds similar to how my experience started. My whole budget was predicated off of the first shop who quoted me what it would take to get these installed. Once the parts arrived and they took a look, they said it was not what they are capable of doing and I had to find another place.

I've contemplated writing a lessons learned or similar post about my experience in case it helped someone else avoid some of the pitfalls I fell into. For me personally, I've never modified a vehicle so I didnt really appreciate the leap I was making until I was neck deep. Lots of people are interested in the cost to do a project like this but Its so much more than that.

My assumption is they installed the hood but you will need someone to prep and paint them for you? Or are you planning on wrapping it?
Sponsored