First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badland & 2017 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My apologies if there is another thread that covers this. I couldn't find one that really answered my question. I am planning on mounting the Ford Performance (Rigid) Roof Rack mounted Light Bar on my 2022 "BadSquach" and am planning on drilling through the accessory mounting area to connect to the prewired line from the upfitter switches. Before I follow through, I was hoping to weigh the pros and cons of this approach.

- The Ford Performance included instructions seem unnecessarily complex compared to some of the install videos I've seen. What is the best installation approach?

- Will the prewired "wire" manage the amperage? I believe the 40" SR Series pull 21.64 amps?

- Assuming you would use a small hole and install a gromet/seal so there are no water/rain issues, any pros or cons between drilling the hole or running wires through weatherstripping?

- Any good ideas for a "quick release" solution for the light bar? Since the lightbar is mounted to the Roof Rack, I want to have the option to remove the light or switch mounts if I take my roof off.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Sponsored