First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Chevy Avalanche, 2023 C8 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys, so i recently purchased a 40" rigid light bar that i was going to mount to the roof of my bronco. However the shop i usually go to said they won't install them anymore due to customers complaining of the wind noise and then removing them. I have a 4dr/hardtop and wondering how bad the wind noise is and if i should just return the light bar? Anyone install light bars and regret it?
Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To alleviate the wind noise, get the plastic cover strip to put on during driving on pavement. Rigid sells it just like some other manufacturers. Without it you will hear moderate to high wind disturbance. And it can be pretty annoying.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don’t do it. Too much noise

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We put one on for a customer with a 4D soft top and he said it was unbearable and caused the top to basically turn into a drum head, so it was removed. I don't know if the hard top, roof rack mounted version is any better so I can't speak to those.

OP
OP
Bluray1

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I keep hearing that! It’s too late for me to return the rigid light bar I got so maybe someone will get it off my hands

Sponsored

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have one I've been afraid to install as well. I'm worried of the noise. My neighbor's daughter has a Bronco and she said the noise is pretty bad. She did however say her husband installed some sort of weather stripping on the back of it that cut the noise down a good bit. My biggest concern is I have a member ship at a reputable automatic car wash, and I'm afraid it will get caught on one of the shammies and get yanked off or cause some kind of accident.

OP
OP
Bluray1

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw a YouTube video of a company called zroadz selling wind diffusers to minimize the whistling and wind noise that the light bars are causing, but I was hoping to hear from someone with firsthand experience

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Throw some A pillar/ ditch lights on and you will have all the light you need. I put rigid 360 on mine

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bluray1

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What sucks though is I already bought the 40” radiance rigid bar and paid like $600ish for it and I’m out of the 30day return policy lol

OP
OP
Bluray1

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I might try it. I’ll prob end up getting that wind diffuser from zroadz to see if it helps before I put it on

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2 cents.

I have a 4 door Outerbanks non-sas and installed the Ford Performance 2” lift coil overs. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-B1

I have a MIC top with OEM luggage rack and installed the additional Single Cross Bar https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-single-cross-bar-1

I installed the Ford Performance Roof Rack Mounted Off-Road Light Kit https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-15200K-BRRL

Boy or boy. There was a lot of wind noise at 55 and above. Tried tilting light down with no noise reduction. Turned up the radio so it would not bother me. Still VERY annoying.

Then one day. I moved the Foam Light Bar Air Damper from the bottom fins to the top fins. Note: I may be losing some cooling of the fins but not sure. Installed the ZRoadZ Noise Cancelling Wind Diffuser https://zroadz.com/i-23910173-noise...nch-straight-led-light-bar-part-z330040s.html Notes: Had to shorten the diffuser ½” on each end so I could tilt the light bar properly. Used rivet washers for added support of diffuser to bottom light bar fin. https://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Fastener-WA1-Aluminum-30-Count/dp/B0006906GS

NO MORE WIND NOISE even at 80 MPH. YEAH!!!

Keep in mind that my light bar is mounted to the OEM roof rack.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys, so i recently purchased a 40" rigid light bar that i was going to mount to the roof of my bronco. However the shop i usually go to said they won't install them anymore due to customers complaining of the wind noise and then removing them. I have a 4dr/hardtop and wondering how bad the wind noise is and if i should just return the light bar? Anyone install light bars and regret it?
I have this one, very little or no noise. M & R Light Bar

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe mount your bar, but not wire it and drive around with it for a few days and see what you think?
Sponsored