Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Carli's website.......................

This starts with the fenders. We knew we wanted 37s; our first call was to John over at Advanced Fiberglass Engineering. He walked us through their options and we chose their 2″ Flare, 1″ Rise Front Fender Kit, Front Fender Liners and matching rear quarter kit and door trim with the heat-extractor hood. The fit and finish on their products is second to none; we’re used to the crappy quality of fiberglass and were thrilled once these were installed.

We chatted with a few in the industry to hear the the “standard” for 37s is ADV fenders and 0 offset wheels. We grabbed some KMC Tank Beadlocks and Mounted our 37×12.5″ tires. We pulled the coils to cycle the suspension and found the tires hit the fender itself (on the top of the wheel arch and back of the front wheel well) and the fender liner. We quickly figured out we were on our own as those advising us didn’t cycle the suspension but, in wheeling their Broncos, “got very little rub”.

It was hard to say goodbye to the 0 offset Tank Beadlocks but, the first order of business was to swap the 37s to our factory Sasquatch wheels and add some Ford Performance Beadlock Rings to secure the tires. The 17×8.5″ wheels run a +33mm offset which positions the 37″ tire in perfect proximity to the ADV fender and our upper control arm. We’re so accustomed to ultra high offset wheels from the factory (Like the non-Sasquatch +55mm offsets) that we didn’t think to check the Sasquatch wheels first – sure would’ve saved us a headache.

With the tires fitted to the factory wheels, we had to do some customizing. The crash bars in the fender well got removed, bases chopped for clearance, then plated and welded. We then clearanced the necessary bits of the ADV fender & built our own inner fender liner/splash guard (to go between the pinch weld and ADV Fender) to combine with the factory liner. With these modifications, the factory Sasquatch wheel properly cycles a 37×12.5″; we’re off to the races (well paint)!

https://www.carlisuspension.com/ford-bronco-rd/

Side note: They are making a really nice double shear tie rod.😁
Thanks, this is the info i'm looking for. I think there is a market for fenders that let you clear bigger tires with your stock full wheel travel, or even increased wheel travel. And that market is separate from the one that wants to spend 10k on APG's sick carbon fiber ones. I know there is another brand that makes legit high clearance fenders (blanking on the name) but they dont look as nice as ADV's or OEM IMO.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, this is the info i'm looking for. I think there is a market for fenders that let you clear bigger tires with your stock full wheel travel, or even increased wheel travel. And that market is separate from the one that wants to spend 10k on APG's sick carbon fiber ones. I know there is another brand that makes legit high clearance fenders (blanking on the name) but they dont look as nice as ADV's or OEM.

Fiberworx maybe ?????

https://www.fiberwerx.com/collections/ford-bronco

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1st I have to give my props to Krazy House Customs for doing a Great job and getting it done on schedule.👍👍

AFC puts out great products and customer support is Top notch!!! I would send John an email late at night, weekends and even during the 4th July holiday weekend! John had the answer, responding almost immediately!!!

This build was to install the 8"/1 fenders with liners. There's not much to add, they need to be fitted, prepped, painted and installed.

The liners (tire side) comes prepped with a gloss black gel coat. The other side is raw fiberglass; it's your call if you paint it.

Once the fitting was done I picked the liners. Prepped (sanded, or scuffed up) them, then sprayed Bedliner on the gel coat side. The other side I used a roller to lay down a heavy coats of Bedliner as well. In the end, I put 2+ coats down on each side.

The fenders were sprayed with Antimatter Blue, the outer fender flares were sprayed in gloss black to match the Wildtrak grill, mirrors, etc...

On to the next Mod or change....

So, it looks like 40" K02s tires will fit thanks to AFC.👍🍺👍🤣

Hmmm.... Have to think on that for a bit...

20230715_131524.jpg

20230715_130734.jpg

20230715_194942.jpg

20230715_194822.jpg

20230715_194854.jpg
VERY nice, but from the looks of your garage height, I don't think you'll be parking it in there with 40's buddy....

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very cool, I love the look.

Question for OP; Are you running any spacers? Stock suspension?

I have -15 offset wheels (sasquatch tires) on mine, would it look flush and fit well?

Living in the UAE we only have dunes and end up doing alot of jumps. The stock fender wheel well is not sufficient, need about an inch more clearance.

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very cool, I love the look.

Question for OP; Are you running any spacers? Stock suspension?

I have -15 offset wheels (sasquatch tires) on mine, would it look flush and fit well?

Living in the UAE we only have dunes and end up doing alot of jumps. The stock fender wheel well is not sufficient, need about an inch more clearance.
Hello, yes I am still on stock suspension and factory wheels. To be clear this is a Wildtrak and comes with SAS suspension.

I have 2" spacers installed to match the fender flares until I swap the wider control arms (+3").

Love Dubai!!!

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello, yes I am still on stock suspension and factory wheels. To be clear this is a Wildtrak and comes with SAS suspension.

I have 2" spacers installed to match the fender flares until I swap the wider control arms (+3").

Love Dubai!!!
Awesome thanks for the feedback :)

So just to clarify, in the photos you posted, the car has 2inch spacers on?

I'm still sort of undecided. I want those fenders as I love the design, but I also want it to sit flush with my wheels. Currently I have the Baja kits + Kings combo with stock width control arms. I am potentially considering the wider arms but it's not gonna be cheap 😅 and it's not highly practical as we are on very steep dunes and have to switch over to the other side. If my setup is too wide, I will end up beaching the car or getting crested lol

Anytime you visit, let me know. We have a pretty solid UAE bronco club.

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome thanks for the feedback :)

So just to clarify, in the photos you posted, the car has 2inch spacers on?

I'm still sort of undecided. I want those fenders as I love the design, but I also want it to sit flush with my wheels. Currently I have the Baja kits + Kings combo with stock width control arms. I am potentially considering the wider arms but it's not gonna be cheap 😅 and it's not highly practical as we are on very steep dunes and have to switch over to the other side. If my setup is too wide, I will end up beaching the car or getting crested lol

Anytime you visit, let me know. We have a pretty solid UAE bronco club.
The Mid Runner control arms will match the wheel / tire. The poke will be flush withe flares.

With my 2" spacers they sit in 1" off the flares. Acceptable but not the look I want.

Had a trip to Dubai for Christmas - New Year's holiday scheduled an covid hit, just haven't made plans since. Would love to see you Bronco club.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, this is the info i'm looking for. I think there is a market for fenders that let you clear bigger tires with your stock full wheel travel, or even increased wheel travel. And that market is separate from the one that wants to spend 10k on APG's sick carbon fiber ones. I know there is another brand that makes legit high clearance fenders (blanking on the name) but they dont look as nice as ADV's or OEM IMO.
McNeil racing is the other option. Their website claims a 4.5" flare and 3" rise.

https://www.mcneilracinginc.com/products/22-ford-bronco-fenders-4-5

Sponsored

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Mid Runner control arms will match the wheel / tire. The poke will be flush withe flares.

With my 2" spacers they sit in 1" off the flares. Acceptable but not the look I want.

Had a trip to Dubai for Christmas - New Year's holiday scheduled an covid hit, just haven't made plans since. Would love to see you Bronco club.
Interesting.. what mid runner arms are you looking at?

Yes, I noticed on yours they are indeed sitting inside a little bit.

I think I could potentially get it flush if I add 2inch spacers like you have and with my current -15 offset wheels.

You're welcome anytime.

Digital_Synapse

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco, 2020 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So freaking sexy. What did it cost to prep and install them?

DIVIOSDI

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great looking Bronco!

How easy would it be to tear these up offroad? This might be a silly question but are there any reasons why these fenders couldn't be made from the no-dent plastics found on the old Saturn vehicles? Just curious, really have no idea what complications there are using plastics vs fiberglass.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the bomb, that antimatter blue is stunning, I had an antimater blue 76 before it it even existed...

Now for a one piece 2 door hard top.

I think you might just have sexiest 6g in existence.

Diggin' what you are throwin' down...well done.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
McNeil racing is the other option. Their website claims a 4.5" flare and 3" rise.

https://www.mcneilracinginc.com/products/22-ford-bronco-fenders-4-5
I haven't seen those in person but Carli mentioned that their 37s hit "the actual fender" with ADV's 1" rise. I can't tell from their pictures if they actually get 3" rise or if that's measured from the outside of the opening and does not keep that rise going all the way back into the wheel well.

Maybe @Gtrekker can confirm if there are structural designs behind the fenders which would prevent ADV--or anyone else--from getting any additional rise(>1") out of a fiberglass/CF fender?
Sponsored