Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone confirm or link me a video confirming the added tire clearance for these fenders? I've heard that the 1" gain is really with respect to the removable stock flares, and is actually no gain at all to the bare metal of the stock fender.

Would be nice to confirm if there is any added clearance to the tires in vertical wheel travel, or if the clearance is only with respect to the width (steering/offset).

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks awesome! If only the Braptor had flares like that, it’d look perfect!
That's funny as it seems everyone rags on the Raptor flares(which I have and love), but these don't scream "same as Raptors.."!!!!
Interesting..

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks amazing! Makes me wonder if Ford will change the OEM fenders similar to this style at some point or keep the aftermarket healthy. Great choice of color combination.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If money is no object, you too can have a bad-ass Bronco.

Love the look - it's just not in my budget...

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love these! AMB two-door is the rarest of sexiness--envious.

I really wish those outer flares were removable for trail rides. Could you comment on the feasibility of taking them on and off for trail rides?

I have them in the five-year plan... while hoping to budget for portals and 40s in that time frame hoping to skip the 37in mid-way upgrade.

@604Bronco - Stay tuned on the Raptor fenders. They’ve been ordered and we’re just waiting for them to be produced. Hope to have them installed on my Raptor within a couple of months….
I think he means that the Raptor should come with these from the factory, but what an upgrade for Braptor owners when they make these for it.

That's funny as it seems everyone rags on the Raptor flares(which I have and love), but these don't scream "same as Raptors.."!!!!
Interesting..
Nope. Some people are more discriminating and can see the clear difference between these painted beauties and the Pontiac Pla-ztek look of the stock Raptor flares... especially if you've seen the Braptor with them removed.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting..
Factory flares for the Braptor have grown on me, but I think people like the smoother "transition" and overall look of these better.

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks great! What front bumper and light bar are you running?
The front bumper is a Havoc.

The 40" light bar is a Rigid the one in the bumper is an Amazon 20" bar.

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats! You somehow managed to make 37s look wimpy on a 2DR. :LOL: Crazy what wide fenders can do visually to the Bronco. Any plans to swap out the wheels for a neutral or negative offset?
Too funny! I had similar thoughts....🤣

Yes, but in baby steps... Next install will be the Mid Runner control arms, do a range of travel before n after with the 37"s, then a fit test with 40"s. That will determine the offset for the wheels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love these! AMB two-door is the rarest of sexiness--envious.

I really wish those outer flares were removable for trail rides. Could you comment on the feasibility of taking them on and off for trail rides?

I have them in the five-year plan... while hoping to budget for portals and 40s in that time frame hoping to skip the 37in mid-way upgrade.

I think he means that the Raptor should come with these from the factory, but what an upgrade for Braptor owners when they make these for it.

Nope. Some people are more discriminating and can see the clear difference between these painted beauties and the Pontiac Pla-ztek look of the stock Raptor flares... especially if you've seen the Braptor with them removed.
@Squatch - to answer your question about taking the fenders off. Yes, they come off just like the original fenders.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bingo - You get what I was dishin' out!

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Squatch - to answer your question about taking the fenders off. Yes, they come off just like the original fenders.
I think he was asking if the 1-2" outermost part of the fender comes off? I think they are molded in and just painted a diff color..

Rodzm

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Base
1st I have to give my props to Krazy House Customs for doing a Great job and getting it done on schedule.👍👍

AFC puts out great products and customer support is Top notch!!! I would send John an email late at night, weekends and even during the 4th July holiday weekend! John had the answer, responding almost immediately!!!

This build was to install the 8"/1 fenders with liners. There's not much to add, they need to be fitted, prepped, painted and installed.

The liners (tire side) comes prepped with a gloss black gel coat. The other side is raw fiberglass; it's your call if you paint it.

Once the fitting was done I picked the liners. Prepped (sanded, or scuffed up) them, then sprayed Bedliner on the gel coat side. The other side I used a roller to lay down a heavy coats of Bedliner as well. In the end, I put 2+ coats down on each side.

The fenders were sprayed with Antimatter Blue, the outer fender flares were sprayed in gloss black to match the Wildtrak grill, mirrors, etc...

On to the next Mod or change....

So, it looks like 40" K02s tires will fit thanks to AFC.👍🍺👍🤣

Hmmm.... Have to think on that for a bit...

Ford Bronco AFC (Advanced Fiberglass Concepts) Fenders Installed, Room for 40s!!! DDFEC49A-D0F5-4A4F-A813-811D8EA8EF23

Ford Bronco AFC (Advanced Fiberglass Concepts) Fenders Installed, Room for 40s!!! DDFEC49A-D0F5-4A4F-A813-811D8EA8EF23

How much did the prep and install run you?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can someone confirm or link me a video confirming the added tire clearance for these fenders? I've heard that the 1" gain is really with respect to the removable stock flares, and is actually no gain at all to the bare metal of the stock fender.

Would be nice to confirm if there is any added clearance to the tires in vertical wheel travel, or if the clearance is only with respect to the width (steering/offset).

From Carli's website.......................

This starts with the fenders. We knew we wanted 37s; our first call was to John over at Advanced Fiberglass Engineering. He walked us through their options and we chose their 2″ Flare, 1″ Rise Front Fender Kit, Front Fender Liners and matching rear quarter kit and door trim with the heat-extractor hood. The fit and finish on their products is second to none; we’re used to the crappy quality of fiberglass and were thrilled once these were installed.

We chatted with a few in the industry to hear the the “standard” for 37s is ADV fenders and 0 offset wheels. We grabbed some KMC Tank Beadlocks and Mounted our 37×12.5″ tires. We pulled the coils to cycle the suspension and found the tires hit the fender itself (on the top of the wheel arch and back of the front wheel well) and the fender liner. We quickly figured out we were on our own as those advising us didn’t cycle the suspension but, in wheeling their Broncos, “got very little rub”.

It was hard to say goodbye to the 0 offset Tank Beadlocks but, the first order of business was to swap the 37s to our factory Sasquatch wheels and add some Ford Performance Beadlock Rings to secure the tires. The 17×8.5″ wheels run a +33mm offset which positions the 37″ tire in perfect proximity to the ADV fender and our upper control arm. We’re so accustomed to ultra high offset wheels from the factory (Like the non-Sasquatch +55mm offsets) that we didn’t think to check the Sasquatch wheels first – sure would’ve saved us a headache.

With the tires fitted to the factory wheels, we had to do some customizing. The crash bars in the fender well got removed, bases chopped for clearance, then plated and welded. We then clearanced the necessary bits of the ADV fender & built our own inner fender liner/splash guard (to go between the pinch weld and ADV Fender) to combine with the factory liner. With these modifications, the factory Sasquatch wheel properly cycles a 37×12.5″; we’re off to the races (well paint)!

https://www.carlisuspension.com/ford-bronco-rd/

Side note: They are making a really nice double shear tie rod.😁
Sponsored