Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
that will probably not happen for a while. the cost of producing a hard top would probably be prohibitive when there is a factory produced top. the customer demand would not make it a profitable venture. most who want a hard top will get one from the factory. the current situation with the defects is temporary, and all the produced hard tops will be replaced under the warranty program so the idea that a company will be producing a hard top does not seem like a profitable business venture...
Jeep offers their own hardtop, but there are several aftermarket options. What a competitor would need to do is come up with a quality product and possibly have a couple of features that the factory top doesn't offer, say something like an easily removeable back window. Then sell it 20% below Ford's inflated price.
Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you check these guys out on IG they say in the comments on different posts about the Bronco they say they will have a top for the 4DR by the end of the year and the 2DR in 22.

https://www.advfiberglass.com/

They have a Bronco to scan and try stuff on. ;) ....and already are making products.
Who's going to be the first to have them do a carbon one?

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jeep offers their own hardtop, but there are several aftermarket options. What a competitor would need to do is come up with a quality product and possibly have a couple of features that the factory top doesn't offer, say something like an easily removeable back window. Then sell it 20% below Ford's inflated price.
with the amount of wranglers on the road, there is a market. tops are dropped, cars are wrecked. there are many potential customers for a platform with millions of owners. for a vehicle which has optimistically 5000 on the road, all of which are still under warranty, it is not going to be cost effective for quite a while to produce a top. but if you think it is a good investment, why not try to crowd fund a company to do so. i do not see this being a marketable business plan for next few years. the demand simply does not exist.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
with the amount of wranglers on the road, there is a market. tops are dropped, cars are wrecked. there are many potential customers for a platform with millions of owners. for a vehicle which has optimistically 5000 on the road, all of which are still under warranty, it is not going to be cost effective for quite a while to produce a top. but if you think it is a good investment, why not try to crowd fund a company to do so. i do not see this being a marketable business plan for next few years. the demand simply does not exist.
Jeep certainly has the advantage there. With 125k orders for Bronco, there would be far more on the road ironically if they had tops. Much like Ford/Webasto has learned, it takes time. I wouldn't expect an aftermarket top before 2023. By then, it may be worthwhile for an aftermarket company. The fact that Ford wants such a premium for their parts would allow someone else to come in and do it cheaper. A good example is the Bestop TrekTop. Ford lists it at $2300. On the Bestop website it says starting at $1099, but apparently, they have a contract with Ford and can't sell to the public yet.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep certainly has the advantage there. With 125k orders for Bronco, there would be far more on the road ironically if they had tops. Much like Ford/Webasto has learned, it takes time. I wouldn't expect an aftermarket top before 2023. By then, it may be worthwhile for an aftermarket company. The fact that Ford wants such a premium for their parts would allow someone else to come in and do it cheaper. A good example is the Bestop TrekTop. Ford lists it at $2300. On the Bestop website it says starting at $1099, but apparently, they have a contract with Ford and can't sell to the public yet.
I have talked to Rally Tops and they said looks to be a go

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

until there is enough of a produced quantity of these vehicles there will be only specialty manufacturers with high prices. also while these cars are under warranty it will keep most owners from modifying. once these hit the used car market and there are no more warranty concerns, modding will become more profitable for producers..

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you check these guys out on IG they say in the comments on different posts about the Bronco they say they will have a top for the 4DR by the end of the year and the 2DR in 22.

https://www.advfiberglass.com/

They have a Bronco to scan and try stuff on. ;) ....and already are making products.
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Thank God for capitalism!!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup!

See this thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...onco-hoods-flares-fenders-and-hardtops.21667/

I’m excited ADV is making hard tops so we don’t have to wait until we can get one from Ford in 2023-2024 calendar year.

The fact is once Ford has them available they’re going to prioritize new builds over “accessory” tops. And the line will be LONG

Thanks for posting @BroncoBoy22. I had not realized you started a thread about ADV.

I surf the IG Bronco stuff as well getting my Bronc fix waiting till 22 for my 2DR Squatch. If you are curious I did notice today I was cruising Camburg Racing's IG and they were previewing the new Fox coilovers for their Bronco and ADV replied that they needed some carbon flares. ;)

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly no one will make aftermarket tops for 2 doors anytime soon with only a couple dozen out there.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sadly no one will make aftermarket tops for 2 doors anytime soon with only a couple dozen out there.
A lot of people probably never considered that with low 2 door take rate, 2 door specific accessories may never happen or the choices will be few.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting @BroncoBoy22. I had not realized you started a thread about ADV.

I surf the IG Bronco stuff as well getting my Bronc fix waiting till 22 for my 2DR Squatch. If you are curious I did notice today I was cruising Camburg Racing's IG and they were previewing the new Fox coilovers for their Bronco and ADV replied that they needed some carbon flares. ;)
Those camburg racing parts look NICE!!

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i know the devil is in the details, but there would seem to be a market developing imminently for a 2 door hard top - any company with the capital to invest would seem to be in a good spot - oh yea, make it in off white or black with removable sliders.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Patriot Fastback plans to put one out in January.
Lol. I literally emailed them to ask that months ago. No response. I hope their product is better then their communication.

In all seriousness I want a taller aftermarket roof. Afaik the only ones making “safari tops” for the jeep are smittybuilt and patriot fastbacks. Although gr8tops has one for the lj

6B51F71D-04D2-4CDB-AAE8-315FC2C5522C.png

250CB146-5B57-46C1-AFCD-6F3CD4260BEE.png
Sponsored

Last edited: