Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Road Glide, 2018 F-150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is the aftermarket parts market for the Bronco under an "embargo" (similar to the one for news/social media outlets) where they're not allowed to offer their products for sale until July 1st (or whatever date Ford has given)?
I realize the makers that were given access to the pre-production vehicles will obviously have a leg up over the ones that have to wait on their own Bronco to even start prototyping, but I'm still surprised that manufacturers like Bestop still don't have anything on their site for the MY21 Broncs, but we know they already have several products developed for the Ford Accessories Catalog.
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford wants their dealers to have first dibs on consumer aftermarket money. Im sure they have an agreed upon date, like you're inferring, but it surely has an NDA as well, so it would all be speculation anyway. More likely is that you only get one shot at an initial launch and want to make sure the market is there first. The B6G forum is not an accurate gauge, we're all enthusiasts eager to buy and spend. My $.02

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldn't doubt there were restrictions for companies like Bestop. "You get a Bronco before others, but you have to agree not to market any accessories before "enter date here". I think that only right though.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Most of the vendors I have contacted have said they need a Bronco first.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought the embargo was only until the first few hundred were built or delivered or something similar. I am sure I saw that mentioned by 4WP or someone else. The embargo should be done.

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i called multiple companies and they have not even been given access to get measurements

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the embargo was only until the first few hundred were built or delivered or something similar. I am sure I saw that mentioned by 4WP or someone else. The embargo should be done.
Same. I swear I remember 4wp saying 100 or 200 customer Broncos have to be delivered before they could release their aftermarket parts.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same. I swear I remember 4wp saying 100 or 200 customer Broncos have to be delivered before they could release their aftermarket parts.
I read it was after the first 100 were delivered.
Sponsored