Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone heard of companies working on aftermarket power folding mirrors? I’ve gotten used to having them on my rigs and would appreciate an option to swap out the stock mirrors.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My X4 folds its mirrors when you lock the doors. Nice to walk away, look back, see mirrors folded and know its locked.

Thing is with the Bronco, if you manually fold the mirrors from inside with windows down, the put windows up and, forgetting to return mirrors to open position and open doors you will be replacing door glass, mirror or both.

Whatever you come up with should be tied to the locks, unlock vehicle and mirrors open

OP
OP
Bonnie6G

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My X4 folds its mirrors when you lock the doors. Nice to walk away, look back, see mirrors folded and know its locked.

Thing is with the Bronco, if you manually fold the mirrors from inside with windows down, the put windows up and, forgetting to return mirrors to open position and open doors you will be replacing door glass, mirror or both.

Whatever you come up with should be tied to the locks, unlock vehicle and mirrors open
Huh, first I’m hearing of a window/mirror conflict. Interesting. I would expect any powered system to have a travel limit so it doesn’t close any further than the door. Also, my current rig has the mirrors angle downward when it’s in reverse. Super helpful to see parking space lines and curbs as I back into almost every spot I use.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Huh, first I’m hearing of a window/mirror conflict. Interesting. I would expect any powered system to have a travel limit so it doesn’t close any further than the door. Also, my current rig has the mirrors angle downward when it’s in reverse. Super helpful to see parking space lines and curbs as I back into almost every spot I use.
Mirrors are not connected to the doors, like most vehicles. So, if you fold them back and try to open the door with the window up. Conflict.

OP
OP
Bonnie6G

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mirrors are not connected to the doors, like most vehicles. So, if you fold them back and try to open the door with the window up. Conflict.
I see what you’re saying now. I was thinking you pulled them in when the window was down and they overlapped the windowsill.
With your point in mind, they should be designed to fold forward, or up. There’s lots of ways to skin this cat. I just think it’d be helpful - especially the reverse tilt feature.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you open the door with the mirrors folded in they will likely fold back out vs breaking glass or plastic.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you open the door with the mirrors folded in they will likely fold back out vs breaking glass or plastic.
Yeah when you wash your car in a car wash the mirror always gets pushed towards the windows if you didn't fold them in yourself, doesn't break the window though you don't throw the door open you open gently

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think just tying them into the door switch. The bronco lowers the window slightly as the door begins to open, so they should be able to tie into that and just open the mirrors back up. I feel like this is a needed aftermarket product for the trail, trees be closing my mirrors all the time.

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumping this to see if anyone has heard of these out in the wild.
Sponsored