First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my Wrangler for a Badlands Sasquatch 🤩
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m pretty obsessed with the look of the Agency 6 Billet Grab Handles, but haven’t been able to find any information on whether they are compatible with the Bronco. Does anyone have them or know if they will work?

Thanks!

IMG_0915.jpeg
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like they'd be an issue with airbag deployment ?

OP
OP
Amib83

Amib83

Badlands
First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like they'd be an issue with airbag deployment ?
Oh— I’m not sure. My Bronco won’t be delivered until sometime around July 10– so I’m not even 100% sure on where grab handles would be mounted.

Last edited:

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh— I’m not sure. My Bronco won’t be delivered until sometime around July 10– so I’m not even 100% sure on where grab handed would be mounted.

Up above the doors right in the middle of the side curtain airbag area. The para cord handle solutions seems to be the best, they're soft, and will be pushed up, and out of the way as a bag deploys.

This would block the bag it looks like. I dig the look through.

OP
OP
Amib83

Amib83

Badlands
First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up above the doors right in the middle of the side curtain airbag area. The para cord handle solutions seems to be the best, they're soft, and will be pushed up, and out of the way as a bag deploys.

This would block the bag it looks like. I dig the look through.
Oh man— that’s a bummer! I ordered the paracord handles, but was really hoping for a metal or hard plastic option. This might sound a little nuts, but my grandma needed a stool, the running board and a handle to get into my Jeep. I had paracord handles and they were too wobbly for her. The Bronco is taller than my Wrangler— so IDK how I’m getting her in 😅

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man— that’s a bummer! I ordered the paracord handles, but was really hoping for a metal or hard plastic option. This might sound a little nuts, but my grandma needed a stool, the running board and a handle to get into my Jeep. I had paracord handles and they were too wobbly for her. The Bronco is taller than my Wrangler— so IDK how I’m getting her in 😅

Yeah I get that. The wifes' grandmother always had issues climbing into our Tahoe. We kept a small step stool for her when she visited.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curtain air bags fire down, not out. If they fit, they would be fine. Plenty of other similar metal ones on the market.

I don’t believe they would fit either way however because the bolt holes for the handle are recessed. These handles wouldn’t mount flush.

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a different brand of metal grab handles installed. I removed them and went with Paracord. I'm 6'3" and didn't like having metal right at temporal region. Also, if you install a bimini top, they become difficult to grab.

OP
OP
Amib83

Amib83

Badlands
First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a different brand of metal grab handles installed. I removed them and went with Paracord. I'm 6'3" and didn't like having metal right at temporal region. Also, if you install a bimini top, they become difficult to grab.
I’m only 5’2” — so I don’t think my height will be an issue 😹😹

But the Bimini top might be—-

I may just order them and see how it goes. I wonder if anyone makes an adapter that angles them down a bit.

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you like burning your hand? I imagine the temperature of metal handles would become an issue in the summer or after direct sun exposure. Maybe not, but I know I don't like sitting on even cloth seats after sitting in the sun for a few hours. Metal anything would be a no for me.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 6'3" and have the same issue with the paracord, it hits me in the forehead getting in/out (plus line of site). I guess I'm long torso'd because the seat's about halfway up.

FYI: The handles you see on the passenger side are useless for getting in/out; they're for gripping when you're angled backwards. Even as tall as I am, I can't use them. I get why there's no A pillar grip (air bag), but I miss that from my truck.

One difference with the Jeep is the sill isn't tall. The Jeep sill is pretty tall and I used to trip on it getting in/out all the time. I've never tripped getting out of my Bronco, or hit it with my foot getting in.

I have an older friend of mine with a bum ankle whose maybe 5'. What we did is get one of those folding step stools that has the handle in the middle? When she needed to get in, I'd put that down. Then you can fold it and put in the back and have it where you go with her, as well. I took long trips with my friend and she was always able to get in. (She just hopped out.) We even joked about tying a little rope to it so she could pull it in (I just wrangled it for her).

This is it:

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Step-Stool-Lightweight-Bathroom/dp/B06VWGR65N

Last edited:
OP
OP
Amib83

Amib83

Badlands
First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you like burning your hand? I imagine the temperature of metal handles would become an issue in the summer or after direct sun exposure. Maybe not, but I know I don't like sitting on even cloth seats after sitting in the sun for a few hours. Metal anything would be a no for me.
I had a black metal shift knob on my old WRX—- she got hoooot in the sun. I just put a towel over it when it was going to sit in the sun and it was fine. It doesn’t see with how these are mounted that it would get sun exposure, but I could be wrong.

OP
OP
Amib83

Amib83

Badlands
First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 6'3" and have the same issue with the paracord, it hits me in the forehead getting in/out (plus line of site). I guess I'm long torso'd because the seat's about halfway up.

FYI: The handles you see on the passenger side are useless for getting in/out; they're for gripping when you're angled backwards. Even as tall as I am, I can't use them. I get why there's no A pillar grip (air bag), but I miss that from my truck.

One difference with the Jeep is the sill isn't tall. The Jeep sill is pretty tall and I used to trip on it getting in/out all the time. I've never tripped getting out of my Bronco, or hit it with my foot getting in.

I have an older friend of mine with a bum ankle whose maybe 5'. What we did is get one of those folding step stools that has the handle in the middle? When she needed to got in, I'd put that down. Then you can fold it and put in the back and have it where you go with her, as well. I took long trips with my friend and she was always able to get in. (She just hopped out.) We even joked about tying a little rope to it so she could pull it in (I just wrangled it for her).

This is it:

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Step-Stool-Lightweight-Bathroom/dp/B06VWGR65N
I have that same stool! The issue with my grandma is she needs something stable to hold while stepping up from the stool up on rock slider and then into the Bronco.

I have to tell you— never in a million years did I think I’d have to make these considerations when purchasing a vehicle 😅

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have that same stool! The issue with my grandma is she needs something stable to hold while stepping up from the stool up on rock slider and then into the Bronco.

I have to tell you— never in a million years did I think I’d have to make these considerations when purchasing a vehicle 😅
The rock rails, they won't act like a step unless you got some that have steps built in. I've got the Trail Armor Rock Rails and they're too close to the body to use as a step.

I know I saw somebody that had a rope pull handle that hung down; it was in a Jeep. Something that might work. Also saw this, but it might be too far away:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/smittybilt-aluminum-front-grab-handles-76931/_/R-DSBP-76931

The grip on the dash by the AC might work for her to steady herself, but maybe not to swing around into the seat. It is right there.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not sure about these handles for the Bronco, need to go to the website and see what specific vehicle they make them for.

As for metal handles, I have the Spartan Handles in my Bronco. I replaced the paracord I had because I did not want the droop. These handles are up above the airbag, and in truth, they are for your passengers to grab hold. For getting in they work fine. Just a reverse grip is all that is needed. I am 6-41/2 and I have never come close to hitting my head on these. The only way I could see myself hitting these would be in a rollover, and with my soft top, I would have bigger problems to deal with!

Ford Bronco Agency 6 Grab Handles 1688073245164

Ford Bronco Agency 6 Grab Handles 1688073272283

Ford Bronco Agency 6 Grab Handles 1688073306622
Sponsored