Sponsored

air mattress or camping pad suggestions?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Initial opinion on the two Amazon pads is they are both pretty nice. I prefer the extra cushion of the 4”. It’s noticeably thicker. It’s long though (80”) and does not fit between the center console and door so it’s sitting at an awkward partially supported angle. Surprising though, it’s still very comfortable to lay on with my head at that end of the car. Here’s a poorly lit picture. Its sitting on a makeshift platform
C0FF5455-0F86-4B54-BEF5-1492CDBE6D04.jpeg

@Mabett when you design your sleeping pad for the bronco, consider using a hybrid foam and air pad; very comfortable. And if you need a beta tester, let me know 😉
I think the DeepSleep was always intended to be used in pairs. I suspect they split them to make them easier to store.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a couple options from Amazon. One is similar design (knock off?) to that and rei camp dreamer. The other is a thinner 3” pad. Both are longer than I was thinking but narrow and can probably just wedge between door and center console.
The self inflating foam are the most comfortable. I have an Exped Megamat that is very comfortable and when I went looking for a double size I tried a generic one off Amazon, also very comfortable.
Air alone is cold and not supportive.

The double is pretty bulky rolled up.

Amazon generic double, on sale $100:
https://www.amazon.com/Self-Inflati...Comfortable-Friendly/dp/B09PR9TXBY/ref=sr_1_1

single $70:
https://www.amazon.com/Inflating-Ma.../dp/B09QYKTJQ5/ref=psdc_3401611_t1_B09PR9TXBY

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i bought the deep sleep leveling pad by itself and then used my xped camping mattress. works for me :)

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check out the Hest sleeping systems. I enjoy spending other people’s money, but you will actually sleep.

OP
OP
kevin.gt

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking the DeepSleep but would love to know your opinion of the Amazon solutions. I'll watch this thread for an update.
I used the 4” beyond home from aamzon over the weekend. Slept great. Very comfortable and held its air well.

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the cheap 3 inch foam pads from home depot. Stuff you'd use for upholstery projects. It's inexpensive if temporary anyway

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if I can recommend them yet but I picked up some inflatables off Amazon that you pump with a foot.
What--Can't you use your TrickFlate on this? :LOL:
Another member makes hammocks:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hammock-inside-your-bronco.71886/

A number of posters have threads showing how they made their own platforms to compensate for the uneven 4DR cargo/rear seat area. A roll-up pad (like a Yoga pad, but not so chic) thrown on the ground is quite sufficient for this old Jarhead

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NEMO Roamer is a great pad. Not inexpensive but it's really comfortable. Less than a couple of nights at a hotel.

I second this. Roamer is very comfy and supportive unlike air mattresses. Exped is another similar but yeah they are expensive. These pads are as or more comfy then your home mattress.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to try this one from Sea to Summit. It’s 72in so I won’t have to move the front seat and it’s narrow enough that it could fit on the drivers side even if the passenger rear seat is up.

Sea to Summit Camp Plus Self-Inflating Foam Sleeping Mat for Camping, Rectangular - Regular (72 x 25 x 3 inches) https://a.co/d/fgEOoWj

moab_b2

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the 4” beyond home from aamzon over the weekend. Slept great. Very comfortable and held its air well.
Did 2 fit side by side?

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
You don't want an "air mattress". Zero insulation in those. If you are in a sleeping bag, that portion of the bag below you is useless, as its loft is crushed by your body weight: net / net: zero R value.

The best "air mattresses", like from CDI, Nemo, etc will have an R value listed.

A go-to standard for commercial river trips are Paco Pads by Jack's Plastiv welding.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited: