jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. It's more a production logistics issue. They obviously have the airbags.

There's the other airbag thread where someone just said he knows for a fact they are replacing them at the factory for ones that haven't left yet. đŸ€”
Sponsored

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree. It's more a production logistics issue. They obviously have the airbags.

There's the other airbag thread where someone just said he knows for a fact they are replacing them at the factory for ones that haven't left yet. đŸ€”
Yeah, makes no sense, but logistics aside, are we really supposed to believe a multi billion dollar global company can’t figure out how to call up UPS and overnight airbags to dealer with affected Broncos? Come on @Ford Motor Company, how about replying with an honest answer for once here! Put down the script and tell us what’s really going on.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well they are legit on Twitter. They’ve actually replied to me there, though it was completely useless. Better to just flame the hell out of Mike Levine and Jim Farley, especially when they retweet something from an automotive media source, since they’ll get tagged in the reply too.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My daughters Wildtrak was delivered Friday (11/19/21) found out she’s in the airbag recall mess (8/06 build date) very frustrating.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
tweeted mike, jim, ford moco.. ,.. nothing in reply. this is so stupid.

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I personally have called Ford and spent hours on the phone over the last month trying to get an answer on when it might be released. Very frustrating indeed.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
tweeted mike, jim, ford moco.. ,.. nothing in reply. this is so stupid.
I just keep going after them with every post they put up on Twitter. Levine just posted a story where he was angry that some article called Ford and dealers out charging rediculous ADM on their EVs. He claimed it was unsubstantiated from a Reddit forum and questioned their “journalistic credibility”. I quickly took advantage of his hypocrisy and called him out on it. I mean, how dare he question someone’s credibility when he and Ford have absolutely zero credibility with their handling of this Bronco launch. Promises failed at every turn, lying to customers about things like parts not being available when they clearly are because they keep building new units, etc. I told him that maybe if he expended the same effort taking care of their customers that he has in trying to get a negative story removed from the internet that perhaps we’d all be happier with Ford’s botched launch. He of course has chosen not to reply, as one would expect, but I flame him and Ford every chance I get. They deserve every bit of frustration, anger, and ire thrown their way by all of us.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am about to give up and get a Tremor F-150. Tired of looking at my bronco and waiting on an airbag.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yeah, That was me, a guy on the line at map showed me a work order he completed replacing an airbag. They work on the misfit toys on OT after their shift

Sponsored

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am about to give up and get a Tremor F-150. Tired of looking at my bronco and waiting on an airbag.
I would do the same, but problem is you can’t touch a Tremor for less than $60k, and that assumes you go with the XLT that’s missing features and only has Mid package. Go for the high pack Lariat and you’re upper $60k to lower $70k range. Just insane prices.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would do the same, but problem is you can’t touch a Tremor for less than $60k, and that assumes you go with the XLT that’s missing features and only has Mid package. Go for the high pack Lariat and you’re upper $60k to lower $70k range. Just insane prices.
Around 65ish is what I am looking at with the high pack. I sat in a 2021 and they are amazing

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Around 65ish is what I am looking at with the high pack. I sat in a 2021 and they are amazing
Oh yeah, they are damn nice, but I set a $50k budget and my Wildtrak is right on that number with the high pack. I know trucks are just crazy expensive these days, but just can’t bring myself to spend $65k on one.

OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. Getting desperate. Starting commenting on all ‘the bronco nation’ posts on all channels about us (waiting on airbag).
Also, my dealer is having their quarterly meeting with Ford today so she is bringing up my airbag and letting me know what they say afterwards. I’ll post here.

BroncoRecall

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership told me Ford would have a fix in by end of Q4 2021.
These multiple threads on the airbag have bee pretty quiet lately. Did you all get yours replaced and you’re too busy to post because you’re out enjoying your new Bronc?

Some airbags are getting replaced. Here is a YouTube vid of one.

Clearly mine is not a priority for Ford.
Sponsored