First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Pretty crazy for sure but not all that surprised since this has been going on in galleria/highland village and HPD is aware of it. They caught a group that had help from the valets and they just waited outside your house and jack you when you get out of the vehicle.

I also have a 2dr FE and it would suck if my bronco was stolen.

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty crazy for sure but not all that surprised since this has been going on in galleria/highland village and HPD is aware of it. They caught a group that had help from the valets and they just waited outside your house and jack you when you get out of the vehicle.

I also have a 2dr FE and it would suck if my bronco was stolen.
I am speaking with Amy Davis at KPRC on Wednesday (keeping some of my identifying info private) so Iā€™ll mention this to her, although sheā€™s really good, Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll find it as well, but just in case. Thank you, stay safe!
I had told my husband, even if we valeted, they could have been a valet and slipped it inside the car even. We parked in the parking garage of the hotel. One thing I havenā€™t done yet is contact the hotel, but I can also let Katy PD do that as well as Iā€™m sure they have more leverage.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
everyone keeps asking the same questions- could it have been another car, could it have been something other than an airtag- given the info provided it could not. nothing else will show up in apple's app other than an apple product and apple only makes one tracker, therefore it's an airtag. this is scary because having a car that's going for 5k, 10k, or 50k over msrp puts a target on our backs until ford can make enough of these that they're not so overvalued and this is a reminder of that.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ETA: Post 95 was posted while I was drafting mine, I agree with it fully.

https://www.khou.com/amp/article/ne...ests/285-9c6ff7dd-6480-4630-9687-5c810da24672

We are in the highland village/galleria area weekly and just keep our heads on a swivel. Houston is dangerous and has only gotten worse.
Houston is probably right after Los Angeles on my list of least liked cities. I used to travel 45+ weeks per year for work and Houston was one of my frequent destinations. Horrible traffic, horrible inner city problems, etc. There are some fun areas and good restaurants for sure, but I could never feel safe there and always carried a gun. Once they closed BRC in 2016 I was done with that city.

I donā€™t care for all the doubters of the OPā€˜s story in this thread. Broncos are a hot commodity and it makes sense that they would be targeted for theft by urban scum. So many of the responses here are dismissive of the idea that this story is legit, I feel bad for the OP having to defend herself so many times in this thread. I believe the story, and the concept is backed up by multiple news articles. Some here appear to be living in condition green, believing that all people are well intentioned. There are plenty of bad people out there who would gladly kill you over a surprisingly low amount of money or your vehicle. Stay safe.

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BroncoAZ thank you. It really is surprising but I guess some really donā€™t realize how advanced criminal activity has gotten, and/or donā€™t have the knowledge of technology.
Weā€™ve been transferred here through my husbandā€™s industry 3 times since 2001. Iā€™ve had 8 zip codes throughout the Houston area/suburbs, and can agree that itā€™s really bad. Hell, our first apartment was broken into while we were asleep 10 days after moving here in 2001, and cars broken into 3 months later. Neighbors as far north as Montgomery and as far south as Sugar Land get their cars broken into, guns stolen, front doors kicked in, a lot. If theyā€™ll find a way, theyā€™ll take it.
We lived overseas twice and had some fears there too, but different kinds of methods.
My intent by sharing was to make people aware, especially since this tactic has been increasing. If they ever sadly experience what we did, they know where to go and what to do.

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have NO idea how right you are... It's worse than you think.
Tots and pears to all the brave IT men and women out in the world. Theyā€™re doing the Lordā€™s work.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I donā€™t think a faraday pouch will help because it will ping its location anytime it connects to WiFi (although they are very useful for other applications). Can anyone comment on this? Am I wrong?
The signal goes out from the fob. Block that signal and they can't grab the codes...

Sponsored
OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had something like this happen to me a couple months ago. It ended up being my AirPods. Iā€™m not sure if they fixed the bug already but that was what Apple said it ended up being caused by.

But I quickly learned how to turn off the FindMy Network lol
Went through the steps to rule that out with Apple (each family member has AirPods) and that wasnā€™t it, but yes in some cases AirPods can give a similar alert and can be fixed. When that rep said ā€œoh no, yep this is what we were afraid ofā€¦ā€ not gonna lieā€¦thatā€™s when I kinda lost it.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Houston has been bad for years and sure it isnā€™t getting any better anytime soon.

We did live in rice military and eventually moved to spring branch east.

Living in Rice Military ie Washington/Durham we had our fair share of problems.

If you live close to the city chances are you will hear guns shots nightly if not every few days.

Sucks that this happened to yā€™all but keep safe and watch out as best you can for the criminal element that is around all of us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weā€™re looking to move when the youngest graduates in 2024. After 3 company transfers here, too many homes, and 15 collective years, we are so tired of it.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im probably going to get some heat for this. Do you have any proof? I see a lot of assumptions and speculation but no evidence. I understand that this is a real risk butā€¦
Sponsored