Sponsored

All black interior poll

Should Ford offer an all black interior across all trims?

• Total voters

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it’s great that FE reservation holders got another option for interior. But I think that Ford should offer it across all trims. What do you all think? Take the poll
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1 all black vinyl/cloth/leather
1 all tan/cream/light colored vinyl/cloth/leather

and keep around a few multicolored ones just because they offered that first - so there may be a few people that like it.

I need a consulting fee from Ford for this advice.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Voting no. Why? Can we just let Ford focus on completing this thing without "change orders". I feel like we're entering into a viscous cycle where the longer things get delayed from COVID, the more people complain, and think we 'deserve' more options because of our 'hardships'. Some of which Ford may actually take into consideration depending on how hard we complain. At this point, I just want them to focus on delivery. Unfortunately, we have almost 2 more months of 6G disruptions. Just want it to be January already so we could place our orders and sit back and let Ford do their thing.

Last edited:

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1 all black vinyl/cloth/leather
1 all tan/cream/light colored vinyl/cloth/leather

and keep around a few multicolored ones just because they offered that first - so there may be a few people that like it.

I need a consulting fee from Ford for this advice.

Pay the man... this wasn't rocket surgery...

Sponsored
OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Voting no. Why? Can we just let Ford focus on completing this thing without "change orders". I feel like we're entering into a viscous cycle where the longer things get delayed from COVID, the more people complain, and think we 'deserve' more options because of our 'hardships'. Some of which Ford may actually take into consideration depending on how hard we complain. At this point, I just want them to focus on delivery. Unfortunately, we have almost 2 more months of 6G disruptions. Just want it to be January already so we could place our orders and sit back and let Ford do their thing.
Why would there be a delay at all if they gave every trim a black interior option? They already have it on the badlands. It would be as simple as adding a box to check upon order.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would there be a delay at all if they gave every trim a black interior option? They already have it on the badlands. It would be as simple as adding a box to check upon order.
Maybe their suppliers are working now, to produce x amount of materials (MGV, Roast leather, etc) based on Ford's allocations and assumptions for take-rate. Suppliers are gearing up and stocking everything in the background, so Ford could power through the assembly. If 25-50% converts to black, you dont think that would throw a wrench into things?

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would love a MGV option on Base Bronco.

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe their suppliers are working now, to produce x type of materials based on Ford's allocations and assumptions for take-rate. Suppliers are gearing up and stocking everything in the background, so Ford could power through the assembly. If 25-50% converts to black, you dont think that would throw a wrench into things?
I guess I could see a little disruption there, but Ford really doesn’t know what to expect yet as far as orders are concerned. They don’t know how many of each trim or interior color. It’s all a guessing game. Also, if they thought it would delay things, then why offer it up to the FE holders at all? All I’m saying is that Ford really missed the mark on the interior options and color schemes and for me I’d rather wait a little bit longer for the Bronco I really want instead of settling for something that I’m just tolerating. Wouldn’t you? My opinion is based on ordering the WT and that interior doesn’t match with any exterior color. It’s hideous. But the WT ticks all the boxes for my build.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FE is such a small % of reservations, that it probably didnt disrupt the supply chain enough. Or at least they had enough runway from webasto delays that they were able to absorb whatever minor delays it created for the leather supplier. To provide black interior options for 98% of reservation holders (whatever that number is) is a big deal at this stage.

Last edited:

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just want to know why they thought people wanted all these overly complex multiple colored interiors...

All they needed from the start was black and maybe a lighter brown interior option.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How many interior polls do we need? Use the search.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because that's not how the supply chain works. Orders for materials were placed long ago based on an anticipated mix of offerings. They could possibly move that direction as they need to replenish inventory. How quickly would depend on the ability of their suppliers to meet the change in demand. But it's not as simple as just adding a check mark on the order form.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because it will take even longer to make them it is basic understanding of manufacturing the more something is similar to its counterparts the faster they are all built
Sponsored