Sponsored

All black interior poll

Should Ford offer an all black interior across all trims?

• Total voters

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Huh? We need to send out a b6g memo at the beginning of the week to follow. Thought no one wanted black, that stitching or vinyl in the sun was the gripe but no cloth because it rains and we have to wash out our interiors so therefore no carpet either, anywhere.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black is BORING?? Jeep does black and brown, lame. While Ford missed the mark with some of the colors I am glad they did make an effort.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You know, I just want to meet the person that had the very first initial thought "no we can't have a plain interior, let's add different panel colors like a 1980's sports car so it looks better" I just want to meet that person. I know there was one person that thought that, and somehow they got everyone else on board.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't understand why a single color interior was not the 'base' for each vehicle no matter the material type. The interiors they are offering now could be options where they charge more money. Seems like it would be more cost effective. Bulk order to get a lower price for equipping the base interiors, then the upcharge for a multi-tone interior is paid by the customer by way of a option price.

But what do I know. I'm just an engineer. No MBA to help me figure out how to add 2+2.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe their suppliers are working now, to produce x amount of materials (MGV, Roast leather, etc) based on Ford's allocations and assumptions for take-rate. Suppliers are gearing up and stocking everything in the background, so Ford could power through the assembly. If 25-50% converts to black, you dont think that would throw a wrench into things?
If 25-50% changed to the all black interior, then that means ford did a terrible job on the interiors to begin with.

I would think it’s too late for the first model year anyways but it doesn’t hurt to gather data to make changes for future years.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe their suppliers are working now, to produce x amount of materials (MGV, Roast leather, etc) based on Ford's allocations and assumptions for take-rate. Suppliers are gearing up and stocking everything in the background, so Ford could power through the assembly. If 25-50% converts to black, you dont think that would throw a wrench into things?
I doubt if Ford is guessing on which trim levels are going to be ordered. Acquiring materials is part of the reason between a March order deadline and a midsummer beginning delivery date.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we’re meaning MGV All Black Interior, then yes for sure.

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't understand why a single color interior was not the 'base' for each vehicle no matter the material type. The interiors they are offering now could be options where they charge more money. Seems like it would be more cost effective. Bulk order to get a lower price for equipping the base interiors, then the upcharge for a multi-tone interior is paid by the customer by way of a option price.

But what do I know. I'm just an engineer. No MBA to help me figure out how to add 2+2.
Exactly. Thats how it should’ve been from the get go.

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How about all grey or tan? Black seats suck to sit on in the sun.
I live in California and I know that black seats get hot, trust me. I’ve smelled my leg hair burning a few times...too much? ? But I just thought that black was the more universal interior color and went better with most exterior colors. But grey wouldn’t be bad at all. ??

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OFFER it... sure, why not. REQUIRE IT, absolutely not.

we should not have to change trims just because of interior colors (could care less about accent colors)

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OFFER it... sure, why not. REQUIRE IT, absolutely not.

we should not have to change trims just because of interior colors (could care less about accent colors)
Oh for sure. Definitely don’t require it. But it would be a nice option. That’s all I’m saying.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s great that FE reservation holders got another option for interior. But I think that Ford should offer it across all trims. What do you all think? Take the poll
No thanks.

I'd much rather have a mild neutral interior. I'm tired of trying to keep a black interior clean looking after driving on miles of gravel every day, and of having scorching hot seats in the summer.

Unfortunately a solid black interior appears to be the only 'option' for my preferred trim.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All Black interior..just yuck