Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As that indentation is also on the drivers side it's a possibility. However, from what i've seen, it will be the stick-on keypad same as Ranger uses. That does look to be structural forming to my barely-trained eyes.

The 360 cameras will be on the side view mirror bottoms if memory serves. So that area is mostly un-usued unless it has a G-sensor or they had to move the side curtain airbag hardware off the pillars to improve visibility.

You're going to want to be thrown clear of the vehicle in a roll with the boron cage (also best to not wrap around the boron tubing as you gain velocity). Jaws of life aren't coming for you anytime soon.

"From what I've seen"? Care to elaborate?
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am so confused now!!! Do I want Rapid Red or Cyber Orange ?
Unfortunately, if you go with Rapid Red, then you have to have rapid red sex on wheels. I've no clue what that is, but it sounds like it comes with regrets.

"From what I've seen"? Care to elaborate?
Nothing in the Ford literature, or pre-production vehicles, or even the Bronco Sport has shown a pillar keypad. In the past when a Ford vehicle has the svelt integrated keypad they show it off a little bit. For every offroad or "working persons" vehicle, especially the heavy duty, Ford has gone with the stick-on keypad, even in Ranger which is price-comparable.

So at this point I have not seen anything to contradict their corporate philosophy regarding this feature.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, if you go with Rapid Red, then you have to have rapid red sex on wheels. I've no clue what that is, but it sounds like it comes with regrets.

Nothing in the Ford literature, or pre-production vehicles, or even the Bronco Sport has shown a pillar keypad. In the past when a Ford vehicle has the svelt integrated keypad they show it off a little bit. For every offroad or "working persons" vehicle, especially the heavy duty, Ford has gone with the stick-on keypad, even in Ranger which is price-comparable.

So at this point I have not seen anything to contradict their corporate philosophy regarding this feature.
As for the Bronco Sport (on the reveal video), the keypad is integrated in the B Pillar.
This is why I'm hoping for a similar integration on the 2/4-door bronco. Less to get whacked by a tree limb when the doors are off.

Ford Bronco All Bronco Colors Painted Bodies Close Up Walkthrough 1601080671502

@13:52

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AMB looks much more blue here than the pics of the F150 that have been posted. Dont know if it’s the camera or my iPa/iPhone but I don’t see it as looking “almost black” . Looks like a killer dark blue.

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm still all in on cactus gray, but several other colors are growing on me too. The only color that you couldn't pay me to take is rapid red. Looks like every boring '90s vehicle.

MJBroncoLover

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a question. Does Race Red look like the red from a few years ago? It looks like a light deep red. If that is the case, then I'll go Rapid Red.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This made Cactus Gray and Area 51 that much harder to choose between

i know, Area 51 with a white top will look amazing. Nice modern off road look with a nod to the original. So will the other two blues....for that matter....and the silver and carbonized...and orange....oh man too many choices

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iconic Silver is my choice. Reminds me Porsche’s GT Silver or the Cadillac’s from the mid 50’s.

Unlike others I actually like pairing Iconic Silver with the white top.
I thought of this too, has anyone posted a good rendering of IS with the site top? I think it might look amazing.....I can tell you it will look awful though with MIC grey top ?

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As for the Bronco Sport (on the reveal video), the keypad is integrated in the B Pillar.
This is why I'm hoping for a similar integration on the 2/4-door bronco. Less to get whacked by a tree limb when the doors are off.

@13:52
Whoa, I learn something every day!
Although the Sport and Bronco are not the same class of vehicle. So we'll see if Ford changes their tune for the rugged breed.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In the beginning I was all in on CG. But I really think it’s going to just be grey and the camera is picking up other coLot tones you won’t see in real life. So I think I am going to end up with Area 51.
Sponsored