Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool. Ford went from “you can squatch your base model to have all the capability of a badlands/rubicon level trim without the comfort features driving up the price”, to “you can squatch your base model but it’s going to cost you just as much as a badlands or rubicon so there’s no point”.

Even if you subtract the auto, adv 4x4 from the new sq price there’s still a ~1,500 price increase. Add 1,895 for the formerly free 2.7 upgrade people were planning on, and many builds just got jacked up ~$3,400 — which makes it IMO overpriced for what you’re actually getting.

Yeah sure there are a lot of points you can bring up about better powertrain ifs etc but the fact remains that the idea you could get a stripped max capability off-roader (circumventing paying rubicon prices) with a price that reflects it is no longer the case.

The more I think about it the more it seems like one of two things is happening: either they accidentally added ~$1,500 too much to the SQ price, or they were looking at Wildtrak and it’s lack of popularity and are now trying to shift people that way.

Seems inconceivable to me that they could launch B&P and knowingly let wrong pricing circulate for two months. I don’t care that Ford isn’t legally bound to B&P pricing, they should explain to their customers what is happening — either there was a mistake on pricing at B&P launch or just blame last minute increases on covid, that’s a scapegoat that everyone just accepts without question.

Either way I’m getting tired of these weekend info dumps riding on top of bad news. It’s a chickenshit way of operating that makes me feel more like Ford is somehow trying to fuck me than get me to buy a vehicle.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was planning on getting a Big Bend but with my wifes brand new Hyundai Santa Fe going to the shop for yet another issue she wanted it GONE. It was paid off at least but I told her that your brand new Hyundai will not have the re-sale value next summer that it does right now.
She agreed and we went out and traded it in on a 2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 a couple weeks ago.
I was keeping my Bronco reservation and holding out hope that things might be straightened out come next spring but I have NOT been getting the warm fuzzies on the Bronco front.
Another OBX with blue seats and brown dash has been built (saw that hideous creation over the weekend) so not sure whats going on there.

I'm officially out on the first year Bronco. I reserved on July 18th and will be requesting my reservation money back soon, so you guys can enjoy a bump up in the delivery time.
I will re-visit a Bronco in a couple years once the bugs are worked out.

For now, I will be enjoying my Ranger.

Oh, and by the way. I LOVE the 2.3 and 10 speed on the Ranger. Its got a light but aggressive acceleration to it and it definitely sold me on its use on the Bronco.
Congrats on your Ranger purchase.I love mine and the powertrain is great, I think you'll really like it. You should come by the Ranger5G forum if you already haven't.

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
As of 10:33 am CST Monday 12/21, adding Sasquatch to a Base 4-door costs $5790 (granted, the 4-door already had cost of the Auto trans baked in):
Ford Bronco Almost $4000 price upgrade... 1608568535570

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats on your Ranger purchase.I love mine and the powertrain is great, I think you'll really like it. You should come by the Ranger5G forum if you already haven't.

Thanks! I'm already there. :)

Haven't started upgrading yet though.

Jeffwomack

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am all in at the original price. I’m not
Yup, I just looked at mine and i's now at $40,554 and was $37,364. Sorry Ford but if these are the new prices I'm out! I don't NEED a Bronco,I'd like one. :mad:
at all ready to pay the new price.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford is screwing the pooch....either these are errors or terrible service. B&P should get one major update between now and ordering. Based on posts, I went out to B&P. Black Diamond 2 door build. No more top options are shown as some have stated. Adding the mid package was 1495.00 Now it says, upon adding it's $3,090.00 DOUBLED and it adds it to the total Build Price. Yet, when it shows the details under "Equipment Group" Mid-package it still shows $1495.00 FORD....YOU NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER!!! What is accurate? What is not? And why the SUDDEN PROCE INCREASES???

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2k added to my lux Badlands with this update.

WTF Ford!

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm, my Badlands model hasn't change by a penny since the first build I did.

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This should be an entertaining day. Formerly getting base sq as cheapest way to get the A4x4. Now its a BD add on. Just kind of makes me chuckle at this point. Nothing suprises me anymore from these guys. Never thought as exactly Middle American i am, a Bronco might be out of my price range.
This is exactly how I feel.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
If this Sasquatch price jack to 8 or 9 K is true. Ford just pushed me back to a new Jeep.

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is starting to look like a boom for jeep and or 4-runner as they drive off all the interest they’ve created.
Sponsored