Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like these. The medium ones will fit 3 across and 3 high in the back of a 4-door. They don't advertise as weather proof but if you left them out in the rain your gear is not going to get wet.

Plano medium
Plano large
I have a couple of the large ones that I've used on my hitch basket. My stuff has stayed dry in those, although I haven't been caught in a torrential downpour or anything.
Sponsored

BullyHayes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you're looking for inexpensive versions of Pelicans, take a look at Harbor Freight's Apache brand. I have a small Apache case for my camera and it's not Pelican quality (I have a couple of those as well) but for 90% of the use cases out there, they'll do.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pelican and roam cargo boxes are great, but very expensive (not to mention supply-chain constrained). Many of us don’t need that level of gear protection. I’m looking at buying these boxes from container store:

103 qt:https: //www.containerstore.com/s/storage/garage-storage-totes/103-qt.-black-weathertight-tote-with-wheels/12d?productId=11010234

74 qt.:https://www.containerstore.com/s/st...lack-weathertight-tote/12d?productId=11010227

Certainly not as durable as roam or pelican. And doesn’t have foam lining for gear protection. But I don’t need that and with reasonable care these should last.
Here are the Action Packers in the back...fit well! See pic.

action2.jpg

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are the Action Packers in the back...fit well! See pic.
So those are the 8gal ones i'm assuming? (20" wide). That cargo width is like 42.25" i think is what i measured.

I'm doing sketch-lego's with the Plano boxes... can fit a 108qt wide and stack em and have some room .. but they won't fit in length wise w/o putting the back seat down.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in the day when we were poor my buddies and I used these for wheeling. With a couple straps to hold them down they got us by.
You strapped your buddies down while off-roading? No seatbelts back then, eh?
Sponsored