Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My first thought when saw a DR was I need to win the lottery. But then I thought, if I was going to spend $300 plus thousands of dollars, more like $400K+ OTD with trailer and tow vehicle, to play in the desert, why not buy a house in Johnson's Valley or Mohave or... and put an awesome side by side and a couple of other toys in the garage?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it is registerable this would be epic.

EDIT:
" The truck is being sold on a bill of sale and does not have a title or registration, as it is not intended for road use."

NVM

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Similar paint to the Mystic Cobra from the 90s. 96 I think.

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It sure seems like the frame they use to make the DR is a braptor frame? It looks a lot like the upper control arm is from the braptor and the rear trailing arm is also from the braptor? Interesting that they were able to use the hero switches as normal type of switches for lights and stuff, I wonder how that works.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It sure seems like the frame they use to make the DR is a braptor frame? It looks a lot like the upper control arm is from the braptor and the rear trailing arm is also from the braptor? Interesting that they were able to use the hero switches as normal type of switches for lights and stuff, I wonder how that works.
They do not use the factory wiring harness or modules so they can make the switches do whatever they like.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's starts it life from a standard 4-door Bronco frame.

Last edited:

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
They do not use the factory wiring harness or modules so they can make the switches do whatever they like.
Oh yah for sure, I get that. I was wondering though if its still the original switch intact and they somehow were able to use the original connector or if they basically disassembled it and the switch panel is then modified to have new switches underneath. I would imagine there is some kind of circuit board inside the switch panel.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But the hero switches are a module 🤔
This may be one of the few factory type of modules they utilize. I’m sure it’s still slightly different though.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(don't do it because that'd be illegal, but when did laws stop everyone?)
That sounds like it'd be some sort of motto or mission statement for lawyers or something...

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love all the comments about the 5.0 V8 when the 3.0L TwinTurbo has more horsepower and torque and lower RPM torque and is lighter than the V8.
Sponsored