First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion; Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question: When you took it in for service and they were troubleshooting, did your Bronco throw any error codes? My screen is black and the computer shows no errors so they did a master reboot. Still no screen and no error codes. They have more troubleshooting to do, but my guess is it’s this APIM thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ASlaugh

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question: When you took it in for service and they were troubleshooting, did your Bronco throw any error codes? My screen is black and the computer shows no errors so they did a master reboot. Still no screen and no error codes. They have more troubleshooting to do, but my guess is it’s this APIM thing.
That is exactly what mine did. The USB charge port was also dead. Others have descibed an identical situation. The APIM is the SYNC module that kinda acts like an AV receiver.
My guess is that whatever is failing in these APIM units is consistent.

KellStir

Badlands
First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion; Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is exactly what mine did. The USB charge port was also dead. Others have descibed an identical situation. The APIM is the SYNC module that kinda acts like an AV receiver.
My guess is that whatever is failing in these APIM units is consistent.
Thanks. Yep. same. I just discovered the USB port was also dead last weekend. It's back in the shop today for them to do a deeper troubleshooting. I feel like I could save them a lot of time and just tell them it's the APIM. lol. They don't like to hear: "Well, I read in a forum..." haha. I guess it's like the equivalent of telling your doctor about what you read on WebMD.

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in a similar situation. I took delivery in December of my 2021 after a 6 month wait and have been without a working sync system for a month now. Car has been in the dealership for almost two weeks, the latest they told me was Ford is not only waiting on replacement APIMS, but now is having a coding and software issue to get them working properly.
I’m in the same situation. Did they give you a loaner while it’s in the shop?
Sponsored