Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2022 2.7L Outer Banks non-sas
I haven't read about this specific scenario. Starts up fine in the morning, drives fine, all electrics work. Let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes, won't start, just makes a clicking noise. It also won't start via the remote start or Ford app. All electronics still work and the battery is good. Let it sit for a few hours and it'll start again. It seems something is getting overheated which is interfering with the starter. It will be a couple of weeks before I get it to the dealer, but any thoughts?
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Battery or connection issue. You do a lot of short trip driving or does the vehicle sit for extended periods between drives.

OP
OP
bigal77usa

bigal77usa

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Battery or connection issue. You do a lot of short trip driving or does the vehicle sit for extended periods between drives.
Mostly short-trip drives and then sits overnight. Battery is sitting around 12.6 when I've been testing it in the morning before driving.

OP
OP
bigal77usa

bigal77usa

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also tried to jump the battery to see if that had any effect, still nothing, just the click sound.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mostly short-trip drives and then sits overnight. Battery is sitting around 12.6 when I've been testing it in the morning before driving.
Battery probably isn't getting fully recharged and the AGMs don't come back easily after being discharged. If you have a slow charger, I'd put it on overnight and see how it acts over the next couple of days. Still have issues after that, get an appointment at the dealer to have checked.

If you DM your VIN, I can see if there's anything in the VHR that might be useful.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2022 2.7L Outer Banks non-sas
I haven't read about this specific scenario. Starts up fine in the morning, drives fine, all electrics work. Let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes, won't start, just makes a clicking noise. It also won't start via the remote start or Ford app. All electronics still work and the battery is good. Let it sit for a few hours and it'll start again. It seems something is getting overheated which is interfering with the starter. It will be a couple of weeks before I get it to the dealer, but any thoughts?
Good morning. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this starting concern for you? Thank you!
Sponsored