Sponsored

another ford accessory that doesn't fit....

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought it would be nice to have a tonneau cover for the back so stuff doesn't fly out while driving without the top. I bought the ford cover and it's a piece of crap.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-4dr-2021-canvas-soft-tonneau-cover-1

- first off it's supposed to bolt on not snap.... and you have 4 straps on the back you need to undo to open the tailgate. Not sure who's idea this was but they need to go back to engineering school...
- Second, the holes aren't even close..... see pic. WTF? this is supposed to fit all 4 door bronco's? I think @fordmotorcompany needs to do better quality control with their after market suppliers. This is the second time I got suckered in buying aftermarket parts off their website that "almost fit" but not quite. I can wait to see if the cockpit cover I bought fits when it arrives.... https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-4dr-2021-full-vehicle-cover-for-soft-cockpit-1

519678-954a5973b19bbdaa95d309a6b783a14e.jpg

519680-ab0e412623c90d7d588ba1595d1a7e5e.jpg

bolts.jpg

don't line up.jpg
Sponsored

LCR_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought the canvas tonneau cover too for my Wildtrak and got it to fit but you really had to stretch it to make the holes line up. I also totally agree on the 4 straps on the back and why in the world they would have it so you have to undo them each time to access the trunk. I have the matching canvas bimini and had no issues installing.

DatDude65265

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Highlander - 2008 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought this one from Mabett off of Amazon. $90. Super easy install and works to keep things from flying around. Retractable and doesn't flap in the wind, even with the clamshell off. I'm quite happy with it.

OP
OP
raptorusmaximus

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought the canvas tonneau cover too for my Wildtrak and got it to fit but you really had to stretch it to make the holes line up. I also totally agree on the 4 straps on the back and why in the world they would have it so you have to undo them each time to access the trunk. I have the matching canvas bimini and had no issues installing.
Did it eventually stretch into shape? I thought of maybe making aluminum brackets and adding snaps instead of the bolts.... bolts... who ever heard of a "bolt-on" tonneau cover.. lol.

Sponsored

LCR_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had to back out a couple bolts on one side to help get some slack to pull to the other side. Only took a few minutes of stretching to get it finally in with the bolts. I think alternating sides when putting the bolts in would be best.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will be happy to know that the cockpit cover fits great. When installing it for the first time, I found if you fold the mirror in as you fit it to the second mirror, it goes on a lot easier.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought this one from Mabett off of Amazon. $90. Super easy install and works to keep things from flying around. Retractable and doesn't flap in the wind, even with the clamshell off. I'm quite happy with it.
The cover states 4-door. Do you think it will fit a 2-door?

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel your pain, my FORD molle fabric rear trunk panel is awesome, except it isn't, the undersized clips come out under hard driving, even with extra double sided tape. Next Ill add nutserts and use a grommet kit in the fabric.

Coming from a 73 Bronco where 80% of parts didnt quite line up, you get accustomed to fitting things. Vinyl has to be put in the sun or borrow the wifes hair dryer. Silicon spray to get that upholstry on right. Being very mindful of getting a loose fit before tightening anything down is key. Quality will widely vary but as you do this you start making improvements.

Adapt fabricate and overcome will work most times. That might look like blind rivet nuts, self tapping #10 screws, step drill bits and magic swear words. There may be an industrial sewing shop or saddle repair place near you that can modify the nonsensical design as well.

Good Luck

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may be having trouble because you're fitting it to a Raptor and not a standard 4 door. Would that matter?
Sponsored