First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks to Fraser at Mobridge for helping over email/phone in getting my Mobridge AMP working properly! I originally had a Kicker Key 500.1 running a stinger tailgate sub with upgraded speakers all around but still using the factory B&O amp. With the Mobridge I could remove both the factory B&O and Kicker Amp and run everything off the Mobridge amp. And thanks to Fraser for sending me a starting point for a DSP file, I was able to get something close to right without knowing exactly how to do a complete DSP config. So my setup I have focals in the dash and kicks and 6.5 focals in the rear - with the stinger tailgate sub. Mobridge definitely can drive everything no problem and it sounds amazing!!!

Along with taking out the B&O amp, I also took out the sub enclosure and used the MTI amp panel to mount the Mobridge in as well. I had purchased the Mobrodge before they came out with the bronco specific kit - it will make things alot easier between having to run power from the battery (I had already done that for the Kickey Key amp) and then also running speaker wire for the 2 rears and center that are not run off of the factory B&O.

But for a non-pro installer like myself, it all made sense and was relatively easy to do by just understanding the basics.

I was debating between 2 setups...first was the Mobridge amp with DSP - the second was a PAC A2B converter and an Audio Control 6.1200 (and reusing the Kicker KEy for the sub). I 'm psyched with how the Mobridge came out and its definitely a cleaner install with everything in 1 unit!! I'll be putting the Pac A2B and AC amp up on the classifieds if someone wants to try and go down that route as well!!!
Sponsored

silentd74

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX, 20 Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't wait to get the Mobridge Bronco kit with this amp. My separates are all done and I too have a Kicker Key500.1 already installed with an external sub. I want the control of the DSP for the separates and to upgrade my rears to 6.5/6.75. Only thing holding me back is the $$$$ 😆

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How did you grab the center and rears?

OP
OP

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You just run speaker wire from the Mobridge amp to their supplied T harness for the headunit in the dash…. Basically use the same factory wiring and connect to 2 of the channels on the Mobridge

mclaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model 3 and Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks to Fraser at Mobridge for helping over email/phone in getting my Mobridge AMP working properly! I originally had a Kicker Key 500.1 running a stinger tailgate sub with upgraded speakers all around but still using the factory B&O amp. With the Mobridge I could remove both the factory B&O and Kicker Amp and run everything off the Mobridge amp. And thanks to Fraser for sending me a starting point for a DSP file, I was able to get something close to right without knowing exactly how to do a complete DSP config. So my setup I have focals in the dash and kicks and 6.5 focals in the rear - with the stinger tailgate sub. Mobridge definitely can drive everything no problem and it sounds amazing!!!

Along with taking out the B&O amp, I also took out the sub enclosure and used the MTI amp panel to mount the Mobridge in as well. I had purchased the Mobrodge before they came out with the bronco specific kit - it will make things alot easier between having to run power from the battery (I had already done that for the Kickey Key amp) and then also running speaker wire for the 2 rears and center that are not run off of the factory B&O.

But for a non-pro installer like myself, it all made sense and was relatively easy to do by just understanding the basics.

I was debating between 2 setups...first was the Mobridge amp with DSP - the second was a PAC A2B converter and an Audio Control 6.1200 (and reusing the Kicker KEy for the sub). I 'm psyched with how the Mobridge came out and its definitely a cleaner install with everything in 1 unit!! I'll be putting the Pac A2B and AC amp up on the classifieds if someone wants to try and go down that route as well!!!
This is a great recap! Thank you. Any pics to share?

Sponsored
OP
OP

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s a pic of the amp in the subwoofer area…. Let me know if there are other pics you are interested in checking out…

6I8hmGucQamCA9I58qZa7w.jpg

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m really leaning towards adding this and the JL stealth box in my 2 door OBX

mclaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@mObridge will the amp fit into the same location as the factory B&O? I'm looking at the Gearshade 8" box to replace the B&O sub. Would the Mobridge fit in as well?

https://www.gearshade.com/product/bronco-subwoofer-square/
I’m really leaning towards adding this and the JL stealth box in my 2 door OBX

It will mount on the factory subwoofer Box with our mounting bracket that comes in the kit in the 4 door. However if you have the 2 door it will not.

I would say it would likely fit on that box

Read here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cement-kit-for-b-o-back-in-stock.79680/page-5

Last edited:

mclaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tremendous!! Thank you for the replies!!
Sponsored