Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After looking at what seems to be hundred of pictures and videos of the Bronco, the one thing I'm considering changing is the colour. Nothing else on my build - Badlands, Sasquatch, 4 door, 2.7L, etc.

Those of you who have physically seen an Antimatter Blue Bronco - What's your impression? I was initially going for the Carbonized Grey, but it just doesn't look dark enough for me. But I don't want black necessarily. Does the AMB look almost black in darker lights? How did it look with the grey MIC top and fender flares?

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!
This the best video I have ever seen which shows AMB color the way it looks in different lighting, take a look:

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After looking at what seems to be hundred of pictures and videos of the Bronco, the one thing I'm considering changing is the colour. Nothing else on my build - Badlands, Sasquatch, 4 door, 2.7L, etc.

Those of you who have physically seen an Antimatter Blue Bronco - What's your impression? I was initially going for the Carbonized Grey, but it just doesn't look dark enough for me. But I don't want black necessarily. Does the AMB look almost black in darker lights? How did it look with the grey MIC top and fender flares?

I was Carbonized Gray and switched to Antimatter Blue!

Go to a dealer and check out an Expedition or F150, they come in AMB.

I used the Ford search inventory to find them!

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Initially I loved the color. Then I saw it in person, twice. Very disappointed both times. Each time was on a full sunny day with bright light. Both times I was about five feet away before the blue was evident. Even though both days had ample light, only a few isolated corners or areas showed blue. Angularity has everything to do with the sun catching the color. Most of the B6G photos-especially indoors and well lit, photos show bluer than the human eye perceives. Make no mistake, when the lighting is perfect, this color is drop dead beautiful. I strongly recommend viewing it in person though. It is the most beautiful black truck I have ever seen.

K9Boscoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While reading your post, I had to double check that I didn't write it myself! I'm in the same situation as you. I was not as torn until I went to an event at a local dealer that had the 4 door AMB in person. It looks great! My only dilemma will be keeping it clean and scratch free. I just feel it will show everything. If that's not an issue for you, I would go with AMB. But I'm thinking I'm gonna stick CG. Good luck!

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While reading your post, I had to double check that I didn't write it myself! I'm in the same situation as you. I was not as torn until I went to an event at a local dealer that had the 4 door AMB in person. It looks great! My only dilemma will be keeping it clean and scratch free. I just feel it will show everything. If that's not an issue for you, I would go with AMB. But I'm thinking I'm gonna stick CG. Good luck!
I was just talking to a friend of mine saying "there's no perfect colour." You either get something that shows dirt quite a bit, swirls when you wash it, rock chips, or scratches, etc. I love black, but it never looks good long term without a lot of time and effort. I feel like the Carbonized Grey would be a "safer" colour in general, but the AMB looks awesome.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a beautiful color IMO. I’m going Velocity Blue... with Shadow Black as my second and AMB as my third choices. Just wanna brighten things up a bit with the VB.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
On an F-150 AM Blue is "almost black". Looks blue in direct sunlight and black in the shade/overcast. Darker than carbonized grey, which is pretty dark already.

I think it would look great on a Bronco with a white top. Way too dark for me here in Arizona.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dude. I scouted an AMB superduty on thanksgiving eve 2020. Took me half a dozen phone calls to a handful of local dealer untill they took inventory. First ford AMB in the state (that had to be permantely relocated outside the dealer showroom after it went viral on 6G). Fast forward to today - There are plenty out there on the lots. Go see one in person. Don’t exercise a group of random people 9 mos after the color launch to form a collective opinion. You could readily see it in person. Unless you live in Alaska, I’m sure you could find one nearby

Last edited:
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude. I scouted an AMB superduty on thanksgiving eve 2020. Took me half a dozen phone calls to a handful of local dealer untill they took inventory. First ford AMB in the state (that had to be permantely relocated outside the dealer showroom after it went viral on 6G). Fast forward to today - There are plenty out there on the lots. Go see one in person. Don’t exercise a group of random people 9 mos after the color launch to form a collective opinion. You could readily see it in person. Unless you live in Alaska, I’m sure you could find one nearby
Thanks for your thoughts. I actually took you up on that suggestion.

Just got home from my local dealership, and they had an Antimatter Blue F-150 right beside a Carbonized Grey Ranger. It was a fairly sunny day, and glad to see both trucks were a bit dirty... so more of a "real world" view vs. pictures or a dealership showroom floor.

The Carbonized Grey is very light in colour; almost silver. The AMB was much better; almost black but as you got closer you saw the blue shine through the dirt lol. I also saw an Expedition next to those trucks, and it had the grey I was hoping for... Go figure it's not a 2021 Bronco colour lol. It was Magnetic Grey; loved the look of it. However the AMB is the right choice (IMO).

Thanks everyone!

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw AMB in person on an F250 at a dealership, on a rainy day...

And it's blue, even from a distance on a rainy day. My wife spotted before I did, and she goes, "That's a nice blue! What blue is that? And I looked over and I was like, That's Antimatter blue, that's what I am getting!"

The F250 doesn't do the color justice. It's a color that changes on the angles, like any other metallic, and what angles an F250 has are not great for showing off metallic paint of any kind. The F150 shows the color better, and I think the Bronco will show the color the best.

Don't expect AMB to look the same all of the time, either. This is why the photos all very, the color varies depending on angle and light. it will look dull and black sometimes, especially when dirty, and like any black/dark color, it will be dirty more often than not. But the same goes for anyone who owns a black car.

I've owned a dark blue 79 Bronco in the past, and multiple blue and black cars. For me, it's a no brainer. I know what to expect, and what I have seen in person didn't turn me away.

But if you wouldn't own a black car but want a blue, AMB may not be for you.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw AMB in person on an F250 at a dealership, on a rainy day...

And it's blue, even from a distance on a rainy day. My wife spotted before I did, and she goes, "That's a nice blue! What blue is that? And I looked over and I was like, That's Antimatter blue, that's what I am getting!"

The F250 doesn't do the color justice. It's a color that changes on the angles, like any other metallic, and what angles an F250 has are not great for showing off metallic paint of any kind. The F150 shows the color better, and I think the Bronco will show the color the best.

Don't expect AMB to look the same all of the time, either. This is why the photos all very, the color varies depending on angle and light. it will look dull and black sometimes, especially when dirty, and like any black/dark color, it will be dirty more often than not. But the same goes for anyone who owns a black car.

I've owned a dark blue 79 Bronco in the past, and multiple blue and black cars. For me, it's a no brainer. I know what to expect, and what I have seen in person didn't turn me away.

But if you wouldn't own a black car but want a blue, AMB may not be for you.
I currently own a black Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I've also owned other dark colour/black vehicles; totally know what I'm getting into from that aspect.

I like the lighter colours too, such as white, however the rock chips seem to show more on that and I don't love it on the Bronco vs. a sports car.

I will also say, on the F-150 I looked at with the AMB, it did have a lot of chrome on it. I think that also took away from the colour a bit, and I feel like the grey of the Bronco will compliment the AMB even better.

I really wish Ford offered the similar dark red they had before on the F-150. I'm not sure what the name of it was, but it was sharp. Looked almost black, but was just a very, very dark red.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In my humble opinion, it's a few shades too dark. in the wrong/right light, depending on what you are looking for, it basically looks black.
Sponsored