Sponsored

Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys,

I thought I was getting the Ford softtop with my Bronco order and just read that everything now is going to the Trektop fastback option that will not fold all the way down like the softtops do on the 4D. Does anyone with a 2D have a picture of what they look like with the softtop down and the doors off? I was looking on Google and extremely hard to find.

Thanks,

Dan
Sponsored

Coachtroy20

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
See this link from instagram below. I believe it is what you are looking for.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect timing, just took mine off today to prep for my JCR tube doors:

Ford Bronco Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off? PXL_20220604_181651857

Ford Bronco Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off? PXL_20220604_181716033

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you guys ! I thought I was loosing my mind the other day. I have a four door and I was following a good looking white two door with the roof flipped back but they were several cars ahead and I couldn’t quite catch up. I was like I thought the two door only came in a hard top. Whew…

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off? PXL_20220604_181716033

That is exactly what.I am thinking about doing(BL without Sas and top and doors off a lot). Can you respond back with how that does on the interstate, etc? It looks a little weird with the top stowing up high, but maybe that will work for me. Bronco looks great

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is exactly what.I am thinking about doing(BL without Sas and top and doors off a lot). Can you respond back with how that does on the interstate, etc? It looks a little weird with the top stowing up high, but maybe that will work for me. Bronco looks great
It's a design compromise, but up high creates a perfectly open rear view, so I wouldn't want it any other way. It's got some Velcro ties for when it's open, and I don't notice any flapping or movement. Absolutely love it, plus it looks great if you want open but also shade for the melon:

Ford Bronco Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off? PXL_20220319_202040534

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, and I think it's about 6 fasteners to remove the top/frame. I plan on trying that soon.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That looks... well, amazingly awful to me.

How does that do for noise/drag on the freeway. I can't imaging having that giant sail brake is great at 90 mph.

Admitedly, I'm used to my Mustang, but... shouldn't a top actually go all the way down?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How does that do for noise/drag on the freeway. I can't imaging having that giant sail brake is great at 90 mph.

Admitedly, I'm used to my Mustang, but... shouldn't a top actually go all the way down?
If you look at a four door with the soft top all the way down, it basically blocks your rearview mirror’s view out the back.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you guys ! I thought I was loosing my mind the other day. I have a four door and I was following a good looking white two door with the roof flipped back but they were several cars ahead and I couldn’t quite catch up. I was like I thought the two door only came in a hard top. Whew…
Two doors only come from the factory with MIC hard top. These are aftermarket Bestop trek tops.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

zero flapping or noise at 75-80mph. No reason to go 90mph in my Bronco. Rarely did it in my ‘19 GT unless it was at the track.

Top down, windows down, interstate speed you can hold a conversation without yelling.
In fact, compared to the Hardtop panels being out vs soft top, there is alot less turbulence.
I wasn’t wild about the folded back look at first. Then realized when I’m driving, I’m inside the truck not outside.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zero flapping or noise at 75-80mph. No reason to go 90mph in my Bronco. Rarely did it in my ‘19 GT unless it was at the track.

Top down, windows down, interstate speed you can hold a conversation without yelling.
In fact, compared to the Hardtop panels being out vs soft top, there is alot less turbulence.
I wasn’t wild about the folded back look at first. Then realized when I’m driving, I’m inside the truck not outside.
The best part, is not seeing only the top in the rear view, like the factory moar doors.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a design compromise, but up high creates a perfectly open rear view, so I wouldn't want it any other way. It's got some Velcro ties for when it's open, and I don't notice any flapping or movement. Absolutely love it, plus it looks great if you want open but also shade for the melon:

Ford Bronco Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off? PXL_20220319_202040534
It is good to know that you really like it, and it really might grow more on me. I did notice the popup on the back of the 4 door kind of blocking rearview, but I am taller and was also hoping it would be a little less with the 2 door and that I could tie it down better, until I found out that there is not top that has that option. There is no simple and decent bikini top so 2D owners do not really have much of an option if they want to have it as a daily driver and take the top down a lot. Thank-you so much for posting these pictures

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

PXL_20220604_181651857.jpg

PXL_20220604_181716033.jpg
Do you have any pictures from behind the Bronco, when the top is all the way down? That would be really cool to see. These are the only pictures I can find on the internet without windows attached, etc.

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any pictures from behind the Bronco, when the top is all the way down? That would be really cool to see. These are the only pictures I can find on the internet without windows attached, etc.
Found this, does this help?

Ford Bronco Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off? PXL_20220319_153706295
Sponsored