Sponsored

Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off?

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting that. There are basically no 2g photos out there where people have the top all the way down. These photos make all the difference in helping me make some decisions
Sponsored

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found this, does this help?

PXL_20220319_153706295.jpg
If you ever get any more photos when your top is down and can post to this thread, I would really appreciate it. I have a 2D BL(non-sas) on order just like yours. I do not like the top not coming all the way down because I am taller and do not mind looking over it, but from the side photo it looks alright. I think I might be able to handle that, as my only other option is to buy a different car and wait until a good bikini or different soft top is available and then buy a Bronco, but who knows when that will happen. If you think the frame for the Trektop needs to be removed every winter when you put the MIC back on, etc. please let me know. Thanks so much for these photos.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you think the frame for the Trektop needs to be removed every winter when you put the MIC back on, etc. please let me know.
The frame definitely has to be removed for reinstallation of the MIC top.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

really wish someone made another version of a 2 door soft top. The trektop just doesn’t do it for me.

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

really wish someone made another version of a 2 door soft top. The trektop just doesn’t do it for me.
Me too. The fastback is not for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish the Trektop went down normal as well. I am starting to think that if I can get a big nylon bag that fits and folds up under a seat, and just slide it over the top, and tighten it down, it would look much better when the top is down up high. I know it is not needed, but I think the issue is we are used to that accordion look when it is in normal position, but it just looks weird when it is up high. Here are some things I was thinking

1. Modular top is easier to remove - If the modular tops ever return, the specs showed they were designed for pop-out rear windows that can be removed. For garage owners, if you backed into your garage you could have multiple hooks hanging from ceiling and pretty easily pop those windows out, connect into those openings, and pull top up and down. There are even some youtube threads where guys have those motorized hooks up and down. Not having a soft top, and only removing the hard top that way on nice days might be an option.

2. There is no bikini top - The nylon bimini top that requires an additional bolted-on cross rail and has huge issues with water getting in up front, which is the one place you do not want it leaking when driving, because it does not connect in to the front above the windshield.

3. Soft top is the only option if you like your top all the way down a lot, because without a bikini top you will get caught in the rain.

I think I probably will get the Trektop, unless any other option becomes available, and I probably just need to get use to the look. If you guys have any ideas where I could get a nylon bag that slides over the top of the Trektop when it is all the way down, please post. This is close, but doubtful

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0835VRWQP/ref=sw_img_1?smid=A3DV91KOL4GJSD&th=1

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish the Trektop went down normal as well. I am starting to think that if I can get a big nylon bag that fits and folds up under a seat, and just slide it over the top, and tighten it down, it would look much better when the top is down up high. I know it is not needed, but I think the issue is we are used to that accordion look when it is in normal position, but it just looks weird when it is up high. Here are some things I was thinking

1. Modular top is easier to remove - If the modular tops ever return, the specs showed they were designed for pop-out rear windows that can be removed. For garage owners, if you backed into your garage you could have multiple hooks hanging from ceiling and pretty easily pop those windows out, connect into those openings, and pull top up and down. There are even some youtube threads where guys have those motorized hooks up and down. Not having a soft top, and only removing the hard top that way on nice days might be an option.

2. There is no bikini top - The nylon bimini top that requires an additional bolted-on cross rail and has huge issues with water getting in up front, which is the one place you do not want it leaking when driving, because it does not connect in to the front above the windshield.

3. Soft top is the only option if you like your top all the way down a lot, because without a bikini top you will get caught in the rain.

I think I probably will get the Trektop, unless any other option becomes available, and I probably just need to get use to the look. If you guys have any ideas where I could get a nylon bag that slides over the top of the Trektop when it is all the way down, please post. This is close, but doubtful

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0835VRWQP/ref=sw_img_1?smid=A3DV91KOL4GJSD&th=1
I gotta say, the best part of the Trektop is that you don't see it. You don't see it in the rearview, and you don't see it from any other angle any time you're driving! It's made for all seasons, so I'll just leave it on during winter.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's a design compromise, but up high creates a perfectly open rear view, so I wouldn't want it any other way. It's got some Velcro ties for when it's open, and I don't notice any flapping or movement. Absolutely love it, plus it looks great if you want open but also shade for the melon:

PXL_20220319_202040534.jpg
are the velcro straps in place in the photos you posted with the top back? I m hoping at least that the velcro straps allow you to put that top material pretty flush with the back roll bar

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

the more i think about it, i really prefer the top going all the way down - it obscures the view slightly (as it does on my jeep), but the spare tire also blocks your view. just hope that an all the way down version comes out

Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Perfect timing, just took mine off today to prep for my JCR tube doors:

PXL_20220604_181651857.jpg

PXL_20220604_181716033.jpg

Off topic but what brand step is that on your rock rail?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I ran with no windows and top back a bit this past week, and somehow I never took a single pic in that configuration. By picture time I usually had the top closed because the kid was cooking under the sun.

The folded up top doesn't bother me one bit, I think I'd prefer it over blocking my rear view.

The one annoyance is what to do with the windows when they're off. I laid them down in the back seat but it wasn't optimal. I'll probably get a bag, but you still have to put it somewhere.

I think it looks freaking sharp with top closed and no windows. It got crazy dusty inside though.

PXL_20220716_030940662.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg

Fencelizard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i don't like how the soft top frame covers the painted roll bar.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I ran with no windows and top back a bit this past week, and somehow I never took a single pic in that configuration. By picture time I usually had the top closed because the kid was cooking under the sun.

The folded up top doesn't bother me one bit, I think I'd prefer it over blocking my rear view.

The one annoyance is what to do with the windows when they're off. I laid them down in the back seat but it wasn't optimal. I'll probably get a bag, but you still have to put it somewhere.

I think it looks freaking sharp with top closed and no windows. It got crazy dusty inside though.

Ford Bronco Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off? PXL_20220716_030940662.MOTION-01.COVER
This look is hands down my favorite. But even with that said I still think it’s looks off when the top folded back.

I did opt for the sunrider top until something else comes along, simply for the convenience of it.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are the velcro straps in place in the photos you posted with the top back? I m hoping at least that the velcro straps allow you to put that top material pretty flush with the back roll bar
Yep, see the circled area. They just keep the top from dancing around at speed:

Ford Bronco Any pictures of 2D with softtop folded down, and doors off? 1658148001515
Sponsored