Sponsored

Any Side by Side shots of Hard Tops Molded in Color & Shadow Black Painted?

gmichael

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am planning on changing my Hard Top to molded-in color to get it this year because I really do not see a huge difference.

Does anyone know where some pics are to compare the two? I have not seen any and on the Ford site it is hard to tell much difference to me.

Thank you!
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be in the minority, but I just don't care for the shiney painted tops. Even less every time I see pics. I'm looking forward to not having to baby the MIC top, and just keep it looking nice with a ceramic coating. But I KNOW I'd scratch up the painted panels, no doubt. Plus, no polishing and waxing needed.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may be in the minority, but I just don't care for the shiney painted tops. Even less every time I see pics. I'm looking forward to not having to baby the MIC top, and just keep it looking nice with a ceramic coating. But I KNOW I'd scratch up the painted panels, no doubt. Plus, no polishing and waxing needed.
Iā€™m with you there. MIC just seems to be a bit more worry free.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gmichael

gmichael

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thank you very much! I like the black better but not enough and especially when I consider less worries on the molded-in color as other have mentioned. I do not care enough about the side windows not coming out either.,

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good, point. I am thinking the same thing even though I ordered a Wildtrak with other gloss black elements, I am happy with the MIC top. Part of me thinks ā€œmatchy-matchyā€ will look like I am trying to hard.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the MIC matched the door trim Iā€™d get one.
Not perfect but it looks to be getting closer.

Door trim at least seems to blend in with windows.

I wonder if a lot of the lighter color on the top is due to the texture reflecting light in different ways.

Ford Bronco Any Side by Side shots of Hard Tops Molded in Color & Shadow Black Painted? 1616949116398

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the MIC matched the door trim Iā€™d get one.
Problem is the painted modular top doesnt exactly match the door trim either. Better I guess but still different due to the finish.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not perfect but it looks to be getting closer.

Door trim at least seems to blend in with windows.

I wonder if a lot of the lighter color on the top is due to the texture reflecting light in different ways.

Ford Bronco Any Side by Side shots of Hard Tops Molded in Color & Shadow Black Painted? 1616949116398
I donā€™t think so. The back trim on the door is the same angle as the c pillar trim. They might be 1/4ā€ apart and they arenā€™t close to the same color.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t think so. The back trim on the door is the same angle as the c pillar trim. They might be 1/4ā€ apart and they arenā€™t close to the same color.
Thatā€™s my exact point.

The door plastic is smooth finish. The C pillar (part of the hard top) has a fine grain finish.

I was opining that perhaps the materials are the same shade, but they are reflecting light in different ways to make the MIC top appear lighter.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s my exact point.

The door plastic is smooth finish. The C pillar (part of the hard top) has a fine grain finish.

I was opining that perhaps the materials are the same shade, but they are reflecting light in different ways to make the MIC top appear lighter.
Zack, I think you are on to something.....If you watch the door handle in this video very closely and slowly you can see it goes from almost white to black. And this has also been my experience with Jeep pictures. The fenders are black but they look lighter and gray in many pictures because they have a texture that the light reflects off of.

My guess is the MIC is a very dark gray that almost matches the fender flares.....still don't know why Ford can make it match exactly.

Sponsored