Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those don't have the 7-speed in the bronco. New transmission with a supposed torque tolerance close to where a tune gets you. Knowing people that tune generally do other mods, sounds like a recipe for lots of blown transmissions.

Mustang has a different transmission. And the ranger doesn't have an engine option with HP numbers almost identical to what the 2.3 gets with a tune. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't take it as a given.
I totally missed the 7 speed comment in the first post. My bad. Not sure why this isn't in the 2.3 section. Probably why it threw me off.

Either way, I would still expect them to have a 2.3 tune for the bronco, no matter the hp gain.
Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I totally missed the 7 speed comment in the first post. My bad. Not sure why this isn't in the 2.3 section. Probably why it threw me off.

Either way, I would still expect them to have a 2.3 tune for the bronco, no matter the hp gain.
If Ford confirms it before order time I might be locked in to 2dr basemansquatch. Otherwise V6 likely. ?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s also a tire size limit to 32”...”The tune requires premium fuel only and allows for tire size configuration up to 265/70/17”

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There’s also a tire size limit to 32”...”The tune requires premium fuel only and allows for tire size configuration up to 265/70/17”
I don’t get why the tire size would make a difference other than speedo calibration. As far as the hp/torque limits on the 7 spd, I would think that the ford performance tune (and the 5 star tune from what I’ve seen on the Ranger) are within the factory limits for regular use, albeit towards the top end.

mans sorry for the confusion, it was meant more as a 2.3 vs 2.7 question in regards to numbers, options and tuning limits.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those don't have the 7-speed in the bronco. New transmission with a supposed torque tolerance close to where a tune gets you. Knowing people that tune generally do other mods, sounds like a recipe for lots of blown transmissions.

Mustang has a different transmission. And the ranger doesn't have an engine option with HP numbers almost identical to what the 2.3 gets with a tune. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't take it as a given.
we will find out how much torque the 7MT transmission can handle. Just because it has a rating on paper doesn’t mean it can’t handle much more. Apparently its “scalable” to 590 torque but not sure what that means or how it’s accomplished. Maybe there will be options to modify it as well.
Sponsored