First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the 2022 Black Diamond with 2.7 was wondering if anyone on here has done any tuning kits?? Was thinking about looking into it any help/advice would be appreciated THANK YOU
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purchased the AFE scorcher Bluetooth module. It’s a piggy back module so it won’t leave any trace on the ECU and cause you dealership to void your warranty. I’m sure there are other brands out there.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the 2022 Black Diamond with 2.7 was wondering if anyone on here has done any tuning kits?? Was thinking about looking into it any help/advice would be appreciated THANK YOU
If I were you I'd get the Ford Performance tune. Doesn't void warranty and you don't have to lie to your dealer.

OP
OP
Triumpht120

Triumpht120

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks I’ll look into it.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, there are modules out there but we are still waiting for success on the hacking to do some proper boost in performance.

Mostly what you will find is a useable 30hp increase but for $500 the value not there yet.

Patiently waiting...

Sponsored

BigDaddyRon

Wildtrak
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Supercrew Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I were you I'd get the Ford Performance tune. Doesn't void warranty and you don't have to lie to your dealer.
So a bit on the statement to go Ford or void your warranty. The Magnuson Moss warranty act is the ruling law on warranties in this country. It states that in order for a warranty to be voided the manufacturer, in this case Ford is required to prove 100% that the after market item you used specifically caused the failure in question. So by simply using an aftermarket product, no matter what it is will not and cannot void your warranty. I have been dealing with this for years with my Harleys. And to further drive this home HD recently sent out a letter stating the same thing to its customers. And they used to be the worst offenders for voiding warranties for tuning products.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So a bit on the statement to go Ford or void your warranty. The Magnuson Moss warranty act is the ruling law on warranties in this country. It states that in order for a warranty to be voided the manufacturer, in this case Ford is required to prove 100% that the after market item you used specifically caused the failure in question. So by simply using an aftermarket product, no matter what it is will not and cannot void your warranty. I have been dealing with this for years with my Harleys. And to further drive this home HD recently sent out a letter stating the same thing to its customers. And they used to be the worst offenders for voiding warranties for tuning products.
It really depends what breaks. You can’t buy something that turns the boost way up on an engine, blows it up and then expect Ford to cover it. It would be extremely simple for Ford to prove 100% that an aftermarket tuner blew up an engine. That being said, other aftermarket parts would be much harder to prove caused any damage.

The Magnuson Moss act is for OEM similar aftermarket parts, not performance enhancing parts. The act was created so that you can have a vehicle repaired by independent places without allowing manufacturers to void warranty.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LMAO, keep believing it. That tune that is right on the bleeding edge and worked fine for the first 99 people that installed it, when it causes an issue with your engine, your warranty WILL be denied because as much as you claim they have to 100% prove it, in order to get to that point, you 100% will have to hire a lawyer and their pockets are much deeper than yours (and they have an army of engineers, you have 'well it worked on jim-bob's Bronco with no problems' and then you will learn about tolerance stacks). And it won't matter if you're a master mechanic or have a masters in mechanical engineering...if they want to deny you, they can and will.

(besides, if something blows up after you tuned it to get 20% more power and torque out of it, be a big boy and eat it because it is your fault).

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LMAO, keep believing it. That tune that is right on the bleeding edge and worked fine for the first 99 people that installed it, when it causes an issue with your engine, your warranty WILL be denied because as much as you claim they have to 100% prove it, in order to get to that point, you 100% will have to hire a lawyer and their pockets are much deeper than yours (and they have an army of engineers, you have 'well it worked on jim-bob's Bronco with no problems' and then you will learn about tolerance stacks). And it won't matter if you're a master mechanic or have a masters in mechanical engineering...if they want to deny you, they can and will.

(besides, if something blows up after you tuned it to get 20% more power and torque out of it, be a big boy and eat it because it is your fault).
That is why the $825 official Ford product (before install) may be a bargain with the 12 month 36,000 mile warranty coming with it.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey we have a great option for your 2.7 Bronco!

We used our years of EcoBoost Tuning experience to bring the best non traceable option to the market! We have these in stock and ready to ship!

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask @Caleb@PandaMotorworks or myself!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW PRODUCT

If you would like to read more about what a PandaTune is and what we are looking to achieve take a look at this blog (Click Here)

Have a great Friday!!

Sponsored

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey, Rob!
We've had the pleasure of being able to test a couple of the options here at Lethal Performance on our First Edition 2.7.
With that said, we are running the Whipple calibration along with the rest of the components for the "Stage 1" kit.
Alternatively, you have Burger Motorsports JB4 device, which our customers seem to really like and enjoy the simplicity of install and the fact it's not necessarily a complete re-calibration. More of a "piggy back" device.
More recently, Ford Performance has also joined the party and announced their version of a calibration and device, even backed by a warranty! ( with few specfic details ).

Here's a couple of Youtube videos we did to really show the numbers between the JB4 & Whipple's. Sadly, we have not done any dyno testing for the the Ford Performance version yet, but I'll leave a few details about it!

Of course, feel free to message me privately and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Here's the JB4 Dyno video:

Here's the Whipple Video:

Ford Performance Calibrator details:

Enhance the performance of your 2.7L engine in your 2021-2022 Bronco. The Ford Performance engineered and dyno tested calibration delivers the Ford Performance promise of more power and increased performance without sacrificing reliability.
  • Improved throttle response throughout RPM range
  • Optimized shift schedule
  • Peak torque = 433 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
  • Peak power = 355 HP at 5,500 RPM
  • Ability to change tire size up to BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (2,779mm circumference).
  • Ability to change axle ratio up to 4.70
  • For U.S. and Canadian vehicles
  • 3 year/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician
  • CARB E.O. #: D-431-4 for 2021MY vehicles
  • Not available in California for 2022MY vehicles
  • M-12655-F ProCal 4 delivery tool included
  • * Premium fuel required*
***Calibration and ProCal 4 tool are VIN locked. Please contact the Tech Line with additional questions***

***NOTE*** ProCal 4 software only available for Windows 7 or greater. Will NOT work with Windows 10 in "S Mode".

***NOTE*** ProCal 4 tool receives periodic firmware updates for greater usability and additional features. Please connect tool to PC periodically to receive the updates automatically.

LINK: Ford Performance Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Calibration Delivery Tool (2021-2022 Bronco 2.7L) | Lethal Performance

BigDaddyRon

Wildtrak
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Supercrew Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Glad to see you read my post. I did say if they prove it. The point was that they can't just say warranty voided because it's not their part when you go to get a service and they see it installed. HD already set the standard for doing this and got slapped down for it. But thanks for your thoughts...

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some may laugh and scoff here......Buuut I would actually try a Pedal Commander FIRST :) For $299 you'll be surprised at what you get - there is NO HP increase but you get to tailor your accelerator curve and its sensitivity. THEN, get a Ford Performance Tune :cool:

drbob1

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question of warrantee is always a hot topic in any tuner forum. And it completely depends on your dealer. Those that are enthusiastic about motor sports will probably be happy, even if they're pretty sure your tune contributed. Those who aren't will deny coverage for anything... Best to sound out your dealer before making a move if you' can't afford to replace stuff yourself. Or leave it alone, it's not exactly slow stock!

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just posted a review of mine with the AFE scorcher blue.

Sponsored