Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New Bronco ECU may limit access

I am a tuner, and am waiting to see if this OTA ecu makes it hard for the aftermarket to hack. Sounds like Ford won't leave us hanging though, with some aftermarket tunes becoming available. But once the ECU has been hacked, I am looking forward to doing my own tune, just doesn't sound like it may be right away....
I was going to say, I saw somewhere it remains to be seen if tuners will have the ability to hack the system...
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ProTuner I used from Cobb is getting a 2.7 to test. I tuned up my Raptor using just 91 octane rotten Arizona gasand it might have added 75 hp or so. People can get a lot more but I wanted it to be pretty safe. I also put in a larger intercooler. Might have spent maybe $1,500 total.
Intercooler is a Must for Turbo vehicles, especially in the Summer and Hot climates

Don't forget the Charge Pipes either

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ProTuner I used from Cobb is getting a 2.7 to test. I tuned up my Raptor using just 91 octane rotten Arizona gasand it might have added 75 hp or so. People can get a lot more but I wanted it to be pretty safe. I also put in a larger intercooler. Might have spent maybe $1,500 total.
which pro tuner did you go through with your Cobb? I have a 2.3 Ecoboost in my Mustang and also use a Cobb, pro tuned by TunePlus (Adam Brunson) .. the off the shelf tunes on the Cobb are garbage, LOL

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard good things about the Rousch kits too, but they do not have one for the current F150. I know that people were getting over 100HP and over 50lbft of torque with the Stage 2 kit and some custom tuning. Hopefully they jump in the Bronco game early. They are local, so I should be able to get the tune done right if I go that direction. 350HP and a nice bump in Torque on an 89 octane tune (never know when crap gas is all that available) sounds good to me ?

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a livernois tune on my 2.7 edge sport. You can check out specs on their YouTube page, I believe. If I remember correctly, the 93 tune added about 90 hp and around the same amount torque. I believe it went from 320 to 410hp.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You guys think tuning will mess up the GOAT modes? I've been wondering about that for a while now...

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You guys think tuning will mess up the GOAT modes? I've been wondering about that for a while now...
No. Tuners change engine parameters, but it is likely that Forscan will allow preset changes to customize settings to an owner’s preference. I.E. disabling traction control with a particular GOAT mode, turning lockers on, etc....

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you tell your tuner not to mess with them they won't. If it's like the past, Each mode will have it's own tables for tuning. They can be left alone.

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This!!!

F3F4EBDE-2B84-4AE3-B6DC-B6820A444E0C.jpeg

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will most of these tunes be safe with 87 octane for regular driving/road trips, and then use 93 for real performance boost? Or does getting a tune require you to permanently suck away an extra 60+ cents a gallon?

Also, are there tunes that would add modest hp/torque still running on 87, say an extra 20 hp or so? I'll be driving about 20k miles a year, so if I'm stuck with premium only, it definitely won't be worth it.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will most of these tunes be safe with 87 octane for regular driving/road trips, and then use 93 for real performance boost? Or does getting a tune require you to permanently suck away an extra 60+ cents a gallon?

Also, are there tunes that would add modest hp/torque still running on 87, say an extra 20 hp or so? I'll be driving about 20k miles a year, so if I'm stuck with premium only, it definitely won't be worth it.
You can get a tuner with 3 installed tunes. 87,91,93 for example. Change them when you wish.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tons of videos on YouTube of tuned 2.7s

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you're going on a road trip I would just flash back to stock. Be wary of any performance tunes for 87 octane. The stock calibration pulls timing on 87. 87 octane "performance" tunes shouldn't even be a thing. The only way I would run one is if the engine calibration is left alone and it's just transmission tuning.
Sponsored