First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Tuning Update! We are ready for a soft release. We are also excited to introduce our remote ecu install programing with our FDRS flyway kit. With this kit we send a loner computer and cable compatible with FDRS which allows us to fully program your ecu remotely. This allows you to install your ecu without having to go to a dealer for programming. Here is a breakdown of the cost.

$999.95 ZFG Racing LLC custom tune and hp tuners MPVI3 (support for the RTD will be available soon and will reduce the cost to 829.95).
https://t.ly/E8xvR

$400 For and HP Tuners unlocked USED ecu (if you would like brand new ecu the cost is $1000).
https://t.ly/s8Q25

$250 remote ecu install programing, with our FDRS flyway kit. This is optional, programing can be done by anyone with FDRS.
https://t.ly/A_OuS

Simplified this down into a STAGE 0 Kit for which gets you the tune, tuning deice, remote programing and ecu all in one package.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/product-page/2021-bronco-2-7l-stage-0-package
Sponsored

Last edited:

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi, any details around the steps required to swap out the ECU?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi, any details around the steps required to swap out the ECU?
If you have basic tools and knowledge you can do it yourself in about 1 beers time or less.

Deep 10mm on a ratchet with a maybe a short extension
Flat head
Automotive trim/clip puller

I'm helping ZFG do beta testing for Raptor tuning and did it myself without issue.

Ford Bronco Bronco 2.7 ZFGR Custom Tuning (with hp tuners) update Image (28)

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The “used ecm” makes me pause but a grand for a new one dang you’d be at $2250 just for a tune, are the used ecm’s tested to know 100% there’s no issue with them ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZFGracing

ZFGracing

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The “used ecm” makes me pause but a grand for a new one dang you’d be at $2250 just for a tune, are the used ecm’s tested to know 100% there’s no issue with them ?
There is honestly 0 difference. The ECU has to be powered on to be unlocked so it's been verified working. If it fails to install with fdrs I'll send a different one. The price of used is going to fluctuate. It all depends on what I can buy them for. New may fluctuate as well, again it all really depends on what I can get them for. I'm not looking to make a bunch of money on the ecu side, honestly I hate that we have to even do a swap but it is what it is and I just need to recoup the investment that I have into it.

What are you able to do? Boost, mapping, transmission tuning?
Everything, this is a traditional full custom tune and includes engineering transmission tuning.

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a fan of your Ecoboost work. Will there be any issues returning to a stock ecu for dealer visits for in the event of warranty work?

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is honestly 0 difference. The ECU has to be powered on to be unlocked so it's been verified working. If it fails to install with fdrs I'll send a different one. The price of used is going to fluctuate. It all depends on what I can buy them for. New may fluctuate as well, again it all really depends on what I can get them for. I'm not looking to make a bunch of money on the ecu side, honestly I hate that we have to even do a swap but it is what it is and I just need to recoup the investment that I have into it.

Everything, this is a traditional full custom tune and includes engineering transmission tuning.
Thanks, can you do all years including 24’s ?

OP
OP
ZFGracing

ZFGracing

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a fan of your Ecoboost work. Will there be any issues returning to a stock ecu for dealer visits for in the event of warranty work?
This would require a pats programming. So it's not really practical.

OP
OP
ZFGracing

ZFGracing

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, can you do all years including 24’s ?
Unsure on 2024 tested up through 2023 at this point. I don't have any reason to believe it won't work on a 24.

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I plan to update my ongoing thread, but wanted to chime in and share my experiences with Adam and ZFG Racing. I signed up to be a BETA tester for the 2.7L Bronco so Adam and I got to have some fun making everything work. We tried 3 ECUs and the 3rd one worked without issue. The overall process is pretty easy though. This was the first successfully remotely tuned Bronco.

Adam ships you the fly-away FDRS kit, Flashed ECU, and the HP Tuners kit. The most difficult part of the install is removing the stock ECU. I plan to make a video and post it on YouTube to help anyone that might be intimidated by the process. Once the new ECU is installed, you'll connect the Fly-away kit (Windows Tablet) to your WIFI and he'll start the FDRS process. Once that's completed you'll connect the HP tuners device and flash a base tune.

From there, Adam will have you do some 0-60 or 1/4 mile and 3rd/4th gear logs. You'll need to install the HP Tuners software on a windows laptop or tablet in order to log the pulls. I'm currently on my 5th 93 Tune revision and she's running good. I'm seeing sub 5 seconds 0-60 with the 93 tune alone. Adam also changed how some of the modes behave. Normal mode feels like stock +. Shifts are smooth and the pedal feels better and more responsive. When you lean into it she has a boat load of pull. Sport mode is another animal. The Bronco feels like it wants to go and keep going for lack of better words. The shifts are hard and fast, which took a bit getting used to, but it's pretty awesome. Lastly, Adam turned Sand mode to be like a "Drag mode" where the shifts are hard and the shifts happen at a slightly higher RPM. This is where you will see the best times. I can also mix some E30, which should drop my time by .2 secs. I'll have more to share on this when I have more time.

The last thing that gets me really excited, is full E85 tuning. Thanks to the 2.7L having dual injection, I can take advantage of the lower cost fuel all while potentially seeing in upwards of around 400+ WHP. I do plan to have it on the dyno at some point soon, so I'll share those results when I have them. My hope is to get into the 12's down the quarter mile and surprise a few Wrangler 392's ;)

Also, Adam and ZFG Racing is well known for being one of the best, if not the best Ecoboost tuner. I sent Adam messages for over a year asking when Bronco tuning would open up because of his reputation. I'm glad to say that day is finally here.

Last edited:

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice, this looks great well done đź‘Ť

Would this be available outside of the US? For example in the UAE/middle east. I'm assuming we have different model ECU's here and may or may not be compatible.

I have done some manual updates with a friend who has the FDRS out here.

Would this tune allow for us to disable/bypass the unwanted abs activation kicking in even when traction/esc is turned off?