First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There was some talk about a performance tune that Ford would be releasing directly that wouldn’t void warranty, anyone heard anything about that recently?
First they need to give us our Broncos, then we can gladly get a tune.

I havent heard anything, but with the 2.7 failures and investigation into them, I don't think they are in any hurry to give us a tune that can break them even more.

The 330hp on premium number is pretty good though.

Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm guessing around 65hp putting it at 385 at the crank. Even got a little wheel spin at the track on the 35's in Norm mode while testing.
They are claiming to have a 500hp tune for the Braptor but that's at the crank possibly giving a 430 grunt to the wheels.
I wasn't lucky enough to get a upgraded Hoss on the Wildtrac cuz I gave up waiting and bought on the used market.
With the Braptor components and more massage, 42's in a blink of the eye. Spin those puppies in some slop and when they catch??? Keep it mild less stressed.

Cohm0902

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris ohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2104 Ram 1500 ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does tuning void the warranty? Asking for a friend...
Yes any tune voids warranty. Was going to put the Whipple tune on just to get a little extra and still safe. But called one of the Ford delalerships that can put it on and they said.. once on, warranty gone..

Rcantu3135

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96/21 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes any tune voids warranty. Was going to put the Whipple tune on just to get a little extra and still safe. But called one of the Ford delalerships that can put it on and they said.. once on, warranty gone..
Ford has made it almost impossible to tune these new vehicles. In fact they know what is going on with your vehicle before you do. All those over the road updates they can check every single module and those modules give them info back. That's why on the Ford pass they know exactly where you are, your oil life, your miles till empty and your location. Ford knows everything you do when it comes to a tune. The dealer you take it to will also know the history

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
After the warranty period is over, Ford won't help you, so a tune can be in order.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford has made it almost impossible to tune these new vehicles. In fact they know what is going on with your vehicle before you do. All those over the road updates they can check every single module and those modules give them info back. That's why on the Ford pass they know exactly where you are, your oil life, your miles till empty and your location. Ford knows everything you do when it comes to a tune. The dealer you take it to will also know the history
All of that can be turned off very easily.
Sponsored