Any updates about the Warthog?

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt the Pinto is ever coming back. It was a bomb just waiting to go off. Figuratively and literally.
agreed on the name. At the time, having a fuel tank behind the rear axle in a compact car was how they were all designed, it was an exposed bolt problem that was likely shared with every compact car maker on the planet. Ford got the reputation, at least as far as I recall, for being the only one with the unofficial slogan of "The barbecue that seats four." When there was a (never verified, take that any way you like) memo from 1968 where Ford executives were discussing it was less than half the cost to pay off estimated victims than to modify the design.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Currently there is only 1 Raptor in the US. So when someone says I drive a Raptor, everyone knows they are referring to the F150 Raptor. So if you have the F150 Raptor, Ranger Raptor and Bronco Raptor then you can never say I drive a Raptor.

I actually like the Warthog name and it sets itself apart. And Warthog just sounds mean and angry.

Clydesdale should be reserved for a pulling work horse like a 1ton truck. I see Bronco Raptor sticking.
They have the F150 Raptor and the Ranger Raptor... why deviate?

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If that's all it is, I will gladly pass and put in a 2dr wildtrak order. Gonna need more than that to justify what it's probably gonna cost, imo

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had planned on waiting for the WH but now I’m leaning toward going with a “regular” 22 Bronco. At least I have a 22 reservation. I don’t think I can wait until 23 and based on the Wrangler 392 price point, I probably couldn’t afford a WH anyway. I really wanted that 3.0 but I suppose I can live with the 2.7.
I think the 2.7 is going to produce some serious power with a few upgrades! I think we might be able to get 400HP spending a little bit of money LOL

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the 2.7 is going to produce some serious power with a few upgrades! I think we might be able to get 400HP spending a little bit of money LOL
The 2.7L currently can do 400hp with just a tune. 500hp is not out of the question.

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seriously!?? What kind of tune would you do to get 400HP?!!!

The 2.7L currently can do 400hp with just a tune. 500hp is not out of the question.

Sponsored

Barko13

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just imagine what the warthog motor will do
I’ve waited for 20+ years for a real Bronco. I’m cool with August for mine at this point. When I was a GM at a Ford dealer, I personally bagged on Mark Fields and Alan Mulally plus whatever designer I could find about Ford not having a real Bronco at the Ford dealer meetings. All of them had to hate me. Oh well. I told them I’d by one on the spot if the roof and doors came off. Here I am. I also hope it’s the Warthog. I don’t t want 4 different Raptors. And a year or so in my Badlands then a Warthog, will be fine.

OP
OP
rivasrubicon

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

YES PLEASE
Ford Bronco Any updates about the Warthog? 41DD8B31-5AD0-43E7-80AB-6E30409816E5
IDK, that grill looks to little kiddish. It should be bigger in my opinion. Also, this render does not really show the fender flares as they are wider. Nice render regardless.

OP
OP
rivasrubicon

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If that's all it is, I will gladly pass and put in a 2dr wildtrak order. Gonna need more than that to justify what it's probably gonna cost, imo
I agree. Does not stick out more than the other broncos..

Chio4

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB SAS,23 Navigator BL, 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IDK, that grill looks to little kiddish. It should be bigger in my opinion. Also, this render does not really show the fender flares as they are wider. Nice render regardless.
No idea it was a picture that I saw
where did this photo come from?
i don’t remember saw it on the net. I like the rounded front fenders
Sponsored