Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2021 Raptor pricing is pretty good. I am updating from my 2019 to a 2021 with 37s. If the Warthog is a 2 door I will trade my GT500 convertible for it in a couple years. If not I can still off road and have a convertible.
Nice plan! I want 37s as well and if the hybrid aviator motor is put in, thats what I will aim for.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is pricing the Bronco to be competitive with the Wrangler. The Wrangler 392 starts at ~$75K. Itā€™s more than a TRX. Donā€™t be surprised if the Warthog follows suit. Not sayinā€™ it will, but donā€™t be surprised.

Iā€™m still debating whether to get a Gen3 Raptor (which will take me out of the Warthog wait). I paid $61K for mine (MSRP $70K) but I doubt Iā€™ll be able to do that kind of deal. I think Iā€™ll be fortunate to get it at MSRP. Iā€™m wanting the 801a package and 37s. Honestly, the package for 37s is a smokinā€™ deal. Youā€™re looking at a lot more than that to PROPERLY do 37s on the Gen2. So Iā€™m still considering it.

If I close a couple pieces of business next month, I may very well do it. But I also want to see more performance out of the EBV6. At least a gain to 500HP. The order books supposedly open on June 10, my birthday. šŸ˜

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pricing for the new Raptor is out. To run 37's the minimum price is $80k. This could easily push the WH into the $70k's. No way Ford will price it higher than the Raptor.

i4Scooter

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Public Transport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You know this for a fact?

I don't think it will be more than the Raptor and the Raptor pricing was just released. An 80K Raptor is very well equipped.

We are all doing harmless speculation. My reasoning behind the 70k-80k MSRP on the high performance Bronco because IMO will carry a premium over the 1st edition due to upgraded suspension and engine. The 1st edition starts at $57,400. How much of a premium will Ford put on those features: suspension and engine? I am guessing 7k-9k. Then add accessories and options. I hope I am wrong though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rivasrubicon

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford is pricing the Bronco to be competitive with the Wrangler. The Wrangler 392 starts at ~$75K. Itā€™s more than a TRX. Donā€™t be surprised if the Warthog follows suit. Not sayinā€™ it will, but donā€™t be surprised.

Iā€™m still debating whether to get a Gen3 Raptor (which will take me out of the Warthog wait). I paid $61K for mine (MSRP $70K) but I doubt Iā€™ll be able to do that kind of deal. I think Iā€™ll be fortunate to get it at MSRP. Iā€™m wanting the 801a package and 37s. Honestly, the package for 37s is a smokinā€™ deal. Youā€™re looking at a lot more than that to PROPERLY do 37s on the Gen2. So Iā€™m still considering it.

If I close a couple pieces of business next month, I may very well do it. But I also want to see more performance out of the EBV6. At least a gain to 500HP. The order books supposedly open on June 10, my birthday. šŸ˜
Yeah, i bet that could very well be a possiblity. I hate that pricing has gone as bananas as it has. I would hope that it can stay below 75K but, I am ready if it does not.

And that sounds like a sweet set up!

Looks like you are getting a Birthday present!

Sponsored

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The First Edition is loaded with options. I think the Hog might start about $55k and $64k ought to buy a loaded 2 door.

OP
OP
rivasrubicon

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The First Edition is loaded with options. I think the Hog might start about $55k and $64k ought to buy a loaded 2 door.
That sounds reasonable. What do you think about the engine options. The possible Explore engine being in but also the possibitilty of the Aviator Hybrid engine?

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds reasonable. What do you think about the engine options. The possible Explore engine being in but also the possibitilty of the Aviator Hybrid engine?
I would love the Aviator engine to be the choice. I would definitely pull the trigger on a 2 door, even better one with a long wheel base.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So the most likely scenario going forward, pricing wise will probably be:

> Heritage Bronco
> Warthog
>Raptor

I think that seems pretty reasonable, considering the Bronco is smaller and should be cheaper to build than the raptor. I just hope the Warthog is priced closer to regular Broncos than it is to the Raptor.

Speculating further, if Ford were to build another fullsize Bronco, and if they built a fullsize Warthog or fullsize Bronco R, I would expect that vehicle to be about the same price as the Raptor.

OP
OP
rivasrubicon

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would love the Aviator engine to be the choice. I would definitely pull the trigger on a 2 door, even better one with a long wheel base.
Same, I am wondering how that could play out with pricing. But I am in the same boat as you in terms of thought.

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why you think there is gonna be a 2 door warthog? I have seen nothing that leads me to believe there will be anything other than a 4 door and have started looking at other options cause the 4 doors look like trash to me and I refuse to buy one even in warthog trim

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same here, I already called my dealer and told him I wanted a Gen 3 Raptor. I going with the 801a and 37 package also. I'll be using my FE Bronco as more of a offroad/pleasure vehicle and the Raptor as a work vehicle for my construction company. I'll decide in a couple years if I want to trade the FE Bronco in on a Warthog. I'm thinking it'll be like pulling teeth to get into the Warthog fot the first year of production, but hope it settles down alittle on second year.

Last edited:

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why you think there is gonna be a 2 door warthog? I have seen nothing that leads me to believe there will be anything other than a 4 door and have started looking at other options cause the 4 doors look like trash to me and I refuse to buy one even in warthog trim
I am hopeful that a 2 door will be offered, however I have not seen anything that leads to believe that a 2 door will be offered, Time will tell. I will just keep my Shelby convertible if that is the case. I have a people hauler with my truck, and an improved one with a 2021 Raptor. A 2 door Warthog would replace my car.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

99.99% there will not be a 2-door WH. The longer wheelbase is much more stable at speed when off-road. Like the Raptor, the WH is not designed for crawling and tight slow wheeling. Wide open wheels in the air is it's primary purpose off-road. The extra height and soft suspension could get a little sketchy on & off road.
Sponsored