Sponsored

Anyone have a aftermarket wheel that won’t fit the spare tire carrier yet?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife’s bronco is almost ready for pickup. I don’t know all the details on the wheels other than they are 17 x9 35x12.50 tires. I do not know the offset I was not the one who picked them. The dealer has mentioned about three times that they don’t know if the spare is going to fit on the carrier. Anyone had issues yet?
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your OB is non-Sasquatch the 35s may have issues contacting the rubber bumpers on the lower part of the tailgate (depending on the offset) and the 3rd brake light will contact the tire.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If your OB is non-Sasquatch the 35s may have issues contacting the rubber bumpers on the lower part of the tailgate (depending on the offset) and the 3rd brake light will contact the tire.
Correct non Sasquatch. I’ve already been looking at relocate kits hammer built and RC seems the only ones out there.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct non Sasquatch. I’ve already been looking at relocate kits hammer built and RC seems the only ones out there.
When I moved up from the 33s to the 35s I picked up the RC 3rd brake light extension but didn't like the result as the 3rd brake light rubber bumpers would no longer contact the tailgate after extended and left it kinda wobbly so I ended up just leaving it as is...it contacts the tire but it works. Probably the easiest fix would be to replace the OB 3rd brake light w/ a Squatch 3rd brake light.

The lower rubber tire bumpers were not an issue for me as I went with a 35 x 10.5 on the stock +55 offset wheels. If you are on the stock +55 wheels the rubber bumpers will most likely be an issue w/ a 12.50 width tire.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update it fits fine other than no longer touching the supports. I’ll or ably grab a tail gate reinforcement just to help.
Ford Bronco Anyone have a aftermarket wheel that won’t fit the spare tire carrier yet? image
Ford Bronco Anyone have a aftermarket wheel that won’t fit the spare tire carrier yet? image
Sponsored