Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone make a set of plastic bed rail caps yet? I've searched and found none. Seems it would be a short kick for someone like @Mabett or @Xipex.

Ford Bronco Anyone make Plastic Bed Rail Caps? IMG_3590

I love running with the top off but those un-covered bed rails are both a cosmetic and functional problem. Yeah they look bad, but I've also found that when I have the top off, I tend to load stuff into the back seats over the bedside, stuff like my backpack and other items that have the potential to scratch the paint if I'm not careful. The bed rail cap would function as a scuff guard.

I'm guessing plastic would work best and be most economical. Make it match the other plastic parts like the fender flares, door handles etc. I would make it heavy-duty enough to step or walk on, for those of us who like to climb all over our Broncos. Maybe even have a grip pattern on it rather than just a smooth top. Make it so that it simply snaps into the hard top bolt holes and is easy to pry off when its time to put the hard top back on.

Please do them for 2-door first :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

TarderSoss

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great idea.

yabbaz

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Cayman S, Audi S3, F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm here for it.

Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I had these too since my top is off for months at a time.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I need it. And many other caps for stuff that make the Bronco look goofy with roof and doors off.

Deezee showed off many of said caps but hasn’t brought any to market yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hard to guess. I think it's going to be one of those things that most Bronco owners don't even realize they need it until they see it, then they say hell yes I need that. The potential market is everyone who takes the top off. No clue how many that is. But I think it's probably as good or better than for a lot of the plastic accessories I see companies like yours making. I would bet that some of the big-name bed rail cap companies will eventually do it...Westin, DeeZee, Bushwacker, etc., but whoever is first-to-market will own it.

Sponsored

adrewpower

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn’t even think about this until I saw this post. I’ve looked at that area several times and thought it looks extremely unfinished with the way the plastic interior doesn’t lineup with the metal. And the possibilities for getting all scratched up over time are high. A cap could help resolve that to some extent. This is a great idea to improve the look. I’d buy one and never thought of this idea before this post. Someone please make this happen.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t remember who makes it but someone sells ppf for this area. I was asking them if they could do a black vinyl for this area because I thought it would make it look more finished. But this idea is probably even better. Just have a nice plastic piece there that could be held on with the factory hardware. I’d definitely buy.
Sponsored