Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should be able to attach at the three bolts per side for the roofs since you wont use them as the same time as a roof...
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone make a set of plastic bed rail caps yet? I've searched and found none. Seems it would be a short kick for someone like @Mabett or @Xipex or someone like that.

IMG_3590.jpg

I love running with the top off but those un-covered bed rails are both a cosmetic and functional problem. Yeah they look bad, but I've also found that when I have the top off, I tend to load stuff into the back seats over the bedside, stuff like my backpack and other items that have the potential to scratch the paint if I'm not careful. The bed rail cap would function as a scuff guard.

I'm guessing plastic would work best and be most economical. Make it match the other plastic parts like the fender flares, door handles etc. I would make it heavy-duty enough to step or walk on, for those of us who like to climb all over our Broncos. Maybe even have a grip pattern on it rather than just a smooth top. Make it so that it simply snaps into the hard top bolt holes and is easy to pry off when its time to put the hard top back on.

Please do them for 2-door first :)
Should be a simple thing for Mabett to do and have a good turn-around time for them. Forward your suggestion to him.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Should be a simple thing for Mabett to do and have a good turn-around time for them. Forward your suggestion to him.
They were already tagged in the first post.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in for a set.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are there any updates on this from anyone?
Nope. Seems like it would be a no-brainer especially for these Chinese companies churning out all sorts of plastic doo-dads for the Bronco. But apparently they're just not interested. Unfortunately it's probably going to a require an American company to invest in tooling up for it to prove the marketability. Then the Chinese companies will swoop in and copy it LOL.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of those items I never knew I needed until someone else mentioned. I like the idea.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone make Plastic Bed Rail Caps? IMG_3034

Would definitely be interested in a cover using the same mounting points.

Edit: Maybe @EIGHTLUG AR could do an aluminum one even?

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree, anyone who ever takes off their top would eventually want a set. Seems like a no brainer, to the point you would have thought Ford would be making these an option when you buy your Bronco, more useful then some of those other options on the Build & Price.

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to guess. I think it's going to be one of those things that most Bronco owners don't even realize they need it until they see it, then they say hell yes I need that. The potential market is everyone who takes the top off. No clue how many that is. But I think it's probably as good or better than for a lot of the plastic accessories I see companies like yours making. I would bet that some of the big-name bed rail cap companies will eventually do it...Westin, DeeZee, Bushwacker, etc., but whoever is first-to-market will own it.
I'm in......Two door unit please.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only downside I can see is vibrations and the cap wearing through the paint. I've seen that on more than a couple of pickups, especially at the rear bed corners.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only downside I can see is vibrations and the cap wearing through the paint. I've seen that on more than a couple of pickups, especially at the rear bed corners.
Not if its designed right. The bed rail on the Bronco is already designed to have a heavy hard top sitting on it. The top sits on that raised bump-up area, not on the outer edge where it curves down to the bodyside. As long as the bed rail cap follows that same contact patch and isn't too flimsy, it will be fine.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not if its designed right. The bed rail on the Bronco is already designed to have a heavy hard top sitting on it. The top sits on that raised bump-up area, not on the outer edge where it curves down to the bodyside. As long as the bed rail cap follows that same contact patch and isn't too flimsy, it will be fine.
The pictures of the pickup caps wrap the rails. If a Bronco cap doesn't wrap over the body panel and rests like the hardtop, then yes, I agree.