Sponsored

Anyone running ASFIR upper mount rear control arm skids yet?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wanted to see if you were happy with the quality of the part, etc. Thank you!
Ford Bronco Anyone running ASFIR upper mount rear control arm skids yet? Screenshot_20220316-193548
Sponsored

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the product you asked about, but their skids are high quality and installation went great.

Ford Bronco Anyone running ASFIR upper mount rear control arm skids yet? IMG_20220316_165352
I’m glad to hear that. I am thinking about ordering these to replace my Badlands skids since they are ~73 lbs lighter but hadn’t seen anyone who had them yet.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m glad to hear that. I am thinking about ordering these to replace my Badlands skids since they are ~73 lbs lighter but hadn’t seen anyone who had them yet.
I have a SAS OBX, so these were a must for me.. Highly recommend them. Just get a second set of hands for the gas tank skid. Gearbox and transfer case ones were easy solo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stupid question @ASFIR 4x4 These skids fit over the factory plate that is already there in the picture below correct? It was just bulkier than I thought, but it's on all of the top mounts from the factory right?
Ford Bronco Anyone running ASFIR upper mount rear control arm skids yet? PXL_20220323_233828905

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question @ASFIR 4x4 These skids fit over the factory plate that is already there in the picture below correct? It was just bulkier than I thought, but it's on all of the top mounts from the factory right?
PXL_20220323_233828905.jpg
Don’t believe it was designed for the ones like this that are already reinforced. Some trims don’t have it though. I ordered the rear shock, differential and transmission protection. Transmission is really exposed and is is a plastic pan. All very good quality. Items shipped quicker than I anticipated too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t believe it was designed for the ones like this that are already reinforced. Some trims don’t have it though. I ordered the rear shock, differential and transmission protection. Transmission is really exposed and is is a plastic pan. All very good quality. Items shipped quicker than I anticipated too.
Thanks for the input. I thought that I had seen this reinforcement on some, but not all models, so I wasn't sure. I'm guessing the BL and the BD have this reinforcement at least?

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the input. I thought that I had seen this reinforcement on some, but not all models, so I wasn't sure. I'm guessing the BL and the BD have this reinforcement at least?
Correct. Not sure about any others

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These weigh in that much lighter than the BL factory skids? Reason enough alone to do it almost.

Sponsored

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These weigh in that much lighter than the BL factory skids? Reason enough alone to do it almost.
Based on the information I’ve got that is correct. Factory skids are ~125 lbs and Asfir lists theirs at 57 lbs.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you.

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV, Toyota Land-Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Anyone running ASFIR upper mount rear control arm skids yet? PXL_20220323_233828905
Hey @5280Bronco , there are no stupid questions :)
As for our Rear Radius protectors, although you got other replies I wanted to pitch-in too.
Our protectors are for the trims that don't have the OEM steel plates (like shown in this pic).

If there's anything else I can help with, i'll be happy to do so.
Reut @ ASFIR

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey @5280Bronco , there are no stupid questions :)
As for our Rear Radius protectors, although you got other replies I wanted to pitch-in too.
Our protectors are for the trims that don't have the OEM steel plates (like shown in this pic).

If there's anything else I can help with, i'll be happy to do so.
Reut @ ASFIR
Really appreciate the help! Good to know.
Sponsored