Sponsored

Anyone taken delivery where Ford complied with customer request to not install front plate bracket?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Obviously states without front plate don’t apply. I’ve seen a lot of front plate brackets installed on customer cars but probably because the customer didn’t specifically ask to not have it installed

NJ requires front plate and I put in a request for them to not be mounted.

Just curious if they will actually comply with that request

Do we know if ford is shipping all Broncos without the front plate regardless of the state they are being shipped to? If so then it would boil down to my dealer following through with my request.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can say the dealer demo that I saw yesterday (British Columbia) did not have a front plate mounted. I assume these are all dealer-installed and not from the factory.

They should have no issue not installing it; it’s not like the customer can’t install the license plate in the front window for the drive home.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based upon my request to the GM at my dealer, that will be installed at delivery (or not, in my case). I'm not sure that is factual information, but I've made the request.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had some friends who ordered an Explorer Sport years ago. They were adamant that the car not be drilled for a front plate. The dealer told them since it was being built and delivered to a mandatory front plate state(Illinois) that they weren't able to even order it without one.

Could have certainly be dealer BS though.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer is complying with my request. I let him know I already have another solution ready (shackle mount)

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On your order summary, you can ask your dealer to remove the front license plate bracket. I believe there is actually a code for it. It shows up on your order summary like everything else.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before and after

A56AF1DA-F9EA-4ECC-B189-8F62D821CDE7.jpeg

73F0B778-6808-4C36-9E64-C6E9191E56E1.jpeg

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously states without front plate don’t apply. I’ve seen a lot of front plate brackets installed on customer cars but probably because the customer didn’t specifically ask to not have it installed

Do we know if ford is shipping all Broncos without the front plate regardless of the state they are being shipped to? If so then it would boil down to my dealer following through with my request.
This was confirmed by Mile Levine ages ago thankfully.

I'd still make the request formally in writing to your dealership and ensure a confirmation, in writing has been recieved before expected delivery though (as I have with mine).

Ford Bronco Anyone taken delivery where Ford complied with customer request to not install front plate bracket? 16088AD3-D9F3-44BA-8251-314CB24F0A0A

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford just throws them in the back floor board of the vehicle, and it is installed by your dealer. Granger has told all of it's customers they will leave the plate holder in the vehicle, and will only install one at the customers request. Heck, they aren't even going to put a Granger sticking on the truck unless we want one. That's the difference between an average dealer, and a great dealer.

lilfergy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford C-Max energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes Me!!!!
In Missouri front plate is required but I did not like where they mount the plate so I ordered a after market bracket to move it.

I emailed my sales rep the week mine was to be delivered and instructed him I DID NOT WANT front plate bracket installed. He verified with me when I got there to pick it up that I did NOT want front plate bracket installed. I told him correct. I had ordered a after market plate bracket I would install when got my plates. He said ok and mounted temp tag on rear and left the bracket in the bag and put in in the rear incase I wanted it later.

It is NOT Ford that installs the bracket it is your dealer. That is part of the prep they do before you pick it up.

So just make sure your salesman knows you DO NOT WANT IT Installed !

lilfergy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford C-Max energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had some friends who ordered an Explorer Sport years ago. They were adamant that the car not be drilled for a front plate. The dealer told them since it was being built and delivered to a mandatory front plate state(Illinois) that they weren't able to even order it without one.

Could have certainly be dealer BS though.

Every Vehicle automatically come with a bracket. But it is not installed until it gets to the dealer. Tell your salesman/dealer you bought a aftermarket bracket for a different location and do not install factory bracket.

lilfergy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford C-Max energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

All vehicles get a front bracket automatically from the factory. They are NOT installed till it gets to your dealer. You have to make sure they know to NOT install the bracket.
I told my dealer I had ordered a aftermarket bracket for a different location.
So it is NOT Ford doing but your Dealer!
Be sure to communicate with your salesman! If they don't know tell them to get you an answer that is their job!