First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went to a local dealership today to puts around the broncos they had on their lot…. I have never seen a picture of this license plate bracket before. It was super cheap and they were all bowed/deformed. Curious how this mounts etc. I noticed that even these still had holes in their front fascia where the original front plate bracket for provided goes. Are those holes just pre tapped in all broncos?

ED077CD3-C300-43B6-A516-C37A575807DE.jpeg

45261E1E-394A-457A-820A-32EA794EF415.jpeg
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, upside down and possibly cut a bit to get it to work.

I don't know if the Base model has a different bracket than others, but it was totally obvious where mine was supposed to go. The two bolts go at the top and the black tabs at the bottom. You should be able to see it in this photo:
XShA26w.jpg

Sponsored

Seagull

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So did you manage to use what does supplied and modified it to sit further down on your standard bumper?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So did you manage to use what does supplied and modified it to sit further down on your standard bumper?
I didn't modify anything at all, that's where it was designed to go. I put some tape on the bumper where the holes needed to be drilled, set it in place and centered it, then marked the two holes. Drilled them, put in the screws, done.

Seagull

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't modify anything at all, that's where it was designed to go. I put some tape on the bumper where the holes needed to be drilled, set it in place and centered it, then marked the two holes. Drilled them, put in the screws, done.
I’m just confused because I thought it was supposed to be installed here- see the little where to drill nubs when you zoom in (or in the first photo in this:
Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? 1649532324988

And see this: https://www.thedrive.com/news/41474/yes-this-is-really-the-ford-broncos-front-license-plate-mount

That being said, I like what you, and this other guy did, much more than drilling into the painted part: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/front-license-plate-holder-relocation.22874/

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's a photo from the side of how the license plate bracket fits that my dealer gave me. The holes that you drill go into the lower part of the plastic bumper, so that if it were removed, you wouldn't really notice the holes. It is clearly designed to go on this part of the bumper.

bzscSBM.jpg

Seagull

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's a photo from the side of how the license plate bracket fits that my dealer gave me. The holes that you drill go into the lower part of the plastic bumper, so that if it were removed, you wouldn't really notice the holes. It is clearly designed to go on this part of the bumper.

Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? bzscSBM
Thanks for posting that photo for context.

A simple Google search shows that you’re just not correct. The lower part of the bracket isn’t even making contact with your bumper because it’s not designed to sit there. And those painted bumper dimples I showed in my last post are very obviously for drilling a plate bracket, as they’ve used those as drill indicators on cars for years. But in case you still don’t believe me, here a numerous examples from my local Facebook group (some mount it high on bumper which looks better):

Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? AA63F175-7A26-40CF-A320-12717A2CCCCB

Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? D0829C87-E486-4CE3-B0F4-A35E402C9281

Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? FCA57539-207C-45FE-9C0B-41FCCAC36798

Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? C7773B0A-6374-4BD5-A4B5-DCD001A03CEB

Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? 9BBA2A23-75ED-4E23-BA37-E7666A3BB911

Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? C0769F78-1C2A-4CFC-81B3-C4801A3988BE

Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? A7AC1E05-19D1-424B-B820-B11C988A2EF1

Ford Bronco New front plate bracket? 1ECCE605-9376-42F5-A96A-AE810A0D68E5

But like I said before, your solution is a pretty good relocation using the OEM holder. Just a shame it still requires drilling.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But in case you still don’t believe me...
Okay, I still don't believe you. ;)

It might be that the license plate bracket is designed such that it can be used in two different places. I have mine where I want it and absolutely wouldn't want it up by the grill like all of your examples.

It was "nice" of Ford to not include any instructions indicating where to put it. :rolleyes:

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks but no thanks….hard pass! Just say NO!

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears that the capable bumper comes with a front license plate bracket that sits lower than the rest. Looks better than the front license plate bracket that blocks the lower half of the grill. Still didn’t mount it on mine

Seagull

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay, I still don't believe you. ;)

It might be that the license plate bracket is designed such that it can be used in two different places. I have mine where I want it and absolutely wouldn't want it up by the grill like all of your examples.

It was "nice" of Ford to not include any instructions indicating where to put it. :rolleyes:
totally agree; it’s looks awful on the grille. I’m think I’m going to put it on a tow hook.
Sponsored