Sponsored

Dealer installed front license plate bracket despite explicit instructions to contrary

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting ready to take delivery of my 2DR Badlands when I learned today that the dealer installed the front license plate bracket despite my express and explicit instructions to contrary. This is on the Mod Bumper. When I told the SA that this was probably a dealbreaker and if he had any suggestions now was the time, this was his response:

"There would be 2 small holes in the trim piece that it is in. We'd take another $400 off to cover what it would cost in a body shop to get that fixed if that would work."

Is this accurate? Does this sound fair? Recommendations? Related question: Would the install of the Safari Bar kit cover up those holes?

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-safari-bar-kit
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Take the 400 bucks. It will take you way to long to another 2 door.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take the money, you will be the only one that ever notices. I have told my dealer the same thing multiple times, probably will happen to me also. :cautious:

Sponsored

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Take the money. If you are in a state that requires a front plate by law, the dealer could have told you a story about how they are required to install it or they get fined. Its sucks but take the compensation and run and go enjoy your Bronco

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take the deal before the general manager finds out and starts rubbing his hands in glee at the prospect of you walking away.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like this is mostly lack of attention to detail. My dealer was great in both attention to detail and communications. All in all, it sounds like a lot of dealers don't worry about either.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It sucks they did that but definitely take the $400. You can easily insert plastic trim plugs into the holes and you have to go looking for them after that. Blends in pretty good. I had to do it and it worked out well. There is a company that someone posted on B6G that sells painted plugs. They didn't have Area 51, except for special order. I was already getting some Area 51 paint from touchupdirect.com for another project so I picked up two plastic trim plugs at Home Depot (94 cents) and applied 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear coat. Look great and issue resolved.

Edit: https://bumperplugs.com/ if you want pre-made ones and they have your body color

Last edited:

Sponsored

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Getting ready to take delivery of my 2DR Badlands when I learned today that the dealer installed the front license plate bracket despite my express and explicit instructions to contrary. This is on the Mod Bumper. When I told the SA that this was probably a dealbreaker and if he had any suggestions now was the time, this was his response:

"There would be 2 small holes in the trim piece that it is in. We'd take another $400 off to cover what it would cost in a body shop to get that fixed if that would work."

Is this accurate? Does this sound fair? Recommendations? Related question: Would the install of the Safari Bar kit cover up those holes?

Let me know if you don’t want it.

Jebbber

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take the money, put it toward these - problem solved...

Ford Bronco Dealer installed front license plate bracket despite explicit instructions to contrary 1642024592422

RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Dealer did it to my Badlands as well. I took it off immediately and you can't even notice the holes in the plastic trim piece unless you get down on a knee and look closely.
Sponsored