Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Picked up my new Wildtrak yesterday and the license plate bracket was mounted into the trim under the grill. 🤬 Im pissed

7QAaLSeDSh2hUGbKLxxoAg.jpg

sTTv7nUoQmCckHhY3sOE9A.jpg

dcU48hrfTl63GsjT8Q8PFw.jpg
I understand your pain! The dealer did that to my Badlands soft top because I didn't know I had to tell them not to drill holes on a painted body part of my Bronco. Luckily went with a Wildtrak a year later (because I couldn't do the soft top in my neighborhood). I told my sales person at least half a dozen times not to mount the front even though their supposed to, and definitely not to wash it and reminded them once the Bronco was shipped. They didnt the 2nd time!
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They did me the same. Unfortunately the bracket was on before I got to the dealer. Mine wasn't an order, it was a lot purchase. So I couldn't really Btch about it. But I removed it before I left the lot. I feel your pain. Whatever. nobody is getting that close under the grill. Your good. She's a beaut!!!!

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Installing plate brackets is S.O.P. for most dealers, can't be mad at them unless it had been specifically requested, ideally multiple times, that they not install it. I've had to do this with my last 3 vehicles, you just have to be very clear with them.

It's well known where the plate goes on a Bronco and that they drill the fascia to put it there. Same goes for most Fords and many other vehicles.

Since you weren't extremely specific with them, you really shouldn't expect any recourse from the dealer. Luckily, Bumper Plugs has you covered, and while not as good as no holes, these will significantly improve the appearance should you choose not to run the front plate.

https://bumperplugs.com/ford/bumperplugs-for-ford

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same thing happen and I even told the, not to. Thankfully I have a blank grill and they blend in with everything else black. I also got the pre painted plugs, forget which company, but they were the $$ ones lol

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I advised them to ask the customer prior to mounting. They have a ford Gt on their showroom floor and I asked if they would mount a license plate bracket to that and they said no
That stinks. Thanks for sharing. Mine is getting delivered next week and you reminded me to call the dealer and tell them explicitly not to drill the bumper. I was assuming like you that would ask before doing it.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine had the plate. I removed it, inserted the matched bumper plugs, and then made the final adjustment pictured below. You have to look really closely to know it was ever installed!!
CBAD71E1-005B-409D-A7F9-72A714CBF584.jpeg

Mojua

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just spoke with the dealership and they admitted that there is a waiver form for the customer to sign that releases liability and are not required to install bracket. I would understand if the Bronco was sitting on the lot but to be assigned prior to build they should ask. should be common sense
Did you get any resolution to this and/or come up with a solution? I picked up my Bronco last week (exactly the same as yours, Carb Gray Wildtrak, but with MIC), and it also had the stupid pre-drilled front bracket. I bought in NH, live in MA...both are 2 plate states. Sales guy, who was otherwise super nice and helpful, told me the bracket was 'clipped' into place, and NOT drilled...which obviously wasn't true...

I don't really want to bust their balls about it, but also don't want my brand new truck to have two unsightly holes in the grill...

Thinking the color matched plugs are probably the best, and least expensive quick fix...
Sponsored