Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed mine, but Jtops does not provide any good instructions for the softop. All of their videos only deal with the hardtop version. Anyhow, as far as I can tell, to engage the front soft top latches, I'm having to remove the 2 hooks from the holes above the aux switches, fold the hard plastic pieces upwards and back, and the top sags/ has these rolls. Is this normal? Can anyone with the softop confirm? Thanks in advance.

20240408_180515.jpg
Sponsored

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can’t see the details too well in the pic, but completely understand what you are describing. I have run the j top for a year or two and had the exact same thing. The look of the scrunched up Bimini top bothered me, so I remove j top when I put my soft top back on. Slight annoyance, but I still love the j top.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a JTOP last year with my soft top and can confirm that yes you are using it the way it’s designed. I experienced that same sag and found having someone else on the other side pulling it tighter and reattaching the Velcro helped it not sag as much.

I didn’t like having to put those hooks back every time you wanted to go topless. Don’t get me wrong I liked the JTOPS when I wanted shade but it was too semi permanent for me when I didn’t want it. I ended up getting rid of it. Absolutely great product for some people, just not for me.

OP
OP
Neverowneda4x4

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a JTOP last year with my soft top and can confirm that yes you are using it the way it’s designed. I experienced that same sag and found having someone else on the other side pulling it tighter and reattaching the Velcro helped it not sag as much.

I didn’t like having to put those hooks back every time you wanted to go topless. Don’t get me wrong I liked the JTOPS when I wanted shade but it was too semi permanent for me when I didn’t want it. I ended up getting rid of it. Absolutely great product for some people, just not for me.
Thanks for confirming. I'll try pulling it back some, once the weather gets better.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, you have to flip it back. Their j-hooks should fit in the holes the hard top would use, but if you leave the flap down and forward then you can't latch the soft top. So you should be able to leave the j-hooks in the 2 center holes and just flip back the hard plastic. I actually finally took mine off as I've been anticipating my Anderson hardtop for a bit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Neverowneda4x4

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, you have to flip it back. Their j-hooks should fit in the holes the hard top would use, but if you leave the flap down and forward then you can't latch the soft top. So you should be able to leave the j-hooks in the 2 center holes and just flip back the hard plastic. I actually finally took mine off as I've been anticipating my Anderson hardtop for a bit.
Are you referring to the 2 hooks that go above the Aux switches in the center, or the 2 small hooks on the sides near the a pillars? Because it is impossible to flip it back with the hooks above the aux switches left on (the hooks and straps will prevent the hard plastic pieces from moving at all). It would seem that if the hooks and straps were sewn on the underside of the hard plastic then that would be possible, but they are sewn above the hard plastic (presumably, to hold the front in place at high speeds).

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you referring to the 2 hooks that go above the Aux switches in the center, or the 2 small hooks on the sides near the a pillars? Because it is impossible to flip it back with the hooks above the aux switches left on (the hooks and straps will prevent the hard plastic pieces from moving at all). It would seem that if the hooks and straps were sewn on the underside of the hard plastic then that would be possible, but they are sewn above the hard plastic (presumably, to hold the front in place at high speeds).
right, the 2 hooks in the center can stay hooked, but the 2 on the sides with the elastic have to come undone to flip it back.

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the Jtops as well as the soft top, I open the soft top and actually fold the Jtops all the way back on itself behind the front seats(does not hit your head at that point)then close the top. when needed I just open the top and fold the mesh forward and hook the hooks (after stretching the Jtops to the side Velcro)
Sponsored