Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question for those who have received their Bronco. When you approach your Bronco with the key fob does the exterior lights come on when you are within a few feet of the Bronco?
Mine does not until I unlock it with the key fob or door sensor or use the remote start. I can swear that the lights all around use to come on when I approached it just like my F150. Many thanks,
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for those who have received their Bronco. When you approach your Bronco with the key fob does the exterior lights come on when you are within a few feet of the Bronco?
Mine does not until I unlock it with the key fob or door sensor or use the remote start. I can swear that the lights all around use to come on when I approached it just like my F150. Many thanks,
Mine only comes on when you unlock with FOB or open the door. It is the same on our companies F150 as well.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine comes on when I unlock it with the fob. I’ll look in the settings to see if there are other options.

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine only comes on when you unlock with FOB or open the door. It is the same on our companies F150 as well.
Thanks for your feedback and I guess I was mistaken.

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine comes on when I unlock it with the fob. I’ll look in the settings to see if there are other options.
Thanks so much and I have looked in the settings as well but did not find anything. My F150 had the option to have the lights come on when you approach the vehicle and I must have confused that.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much and I have looked in the settings as well but did not find anything. My F150 had the option to have the lights come on when you approach the vehicle and I must have confused that.
For those folks who have the proximity lighting or whatever it's called, that would be a good setting to be able to turn on/off. I'd love if my Bronco would turn on this lighting as I approached vs when I go to unlock the door. It's rare I take the fob out of my pocket anymore, but I guess I'll have to if I want this to come up as I walk towards it.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a thing??
Is the confusion that you thought the 150 did that or that the Bronco did?
First I've ever heard of a Ford doing this without the fob or handle being grabbed

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a thing??
Is the confusion that you thought the 150 did that or that the Bronco did?
First I've ever heard of a Ford doing this without the fob or handle being grabbed
Apologies for the confusion. My F150 did it for sure. I walked out to my Bronco the other day and thought, why did the lights not illuminate when I got close? Then I tried to remember if they ever did and I could not remember. Now it seems like it is not an option on the Bronco.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies for the confusion. My F150 did it for sure. I walked out to my Bronco the other day and thought, why did the lights not illuminate when I got close? Then I tried to remember if they ever did and I could not remember. Now it seems like it is not an option on the Bronco.
So it looks like the option on the 150 is called Welcome lighting. Will have to check the FORSCAN thread to see if it can be enabled
Sponsored