Sponsored

AR | MAGNUM STIRRUP® Full Length Billet Aluminum Side Step for OEM Rock Rail - Bronco6G Exclusive Part

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I didn’t read the whole thread, sorry. How long does it take to remove these when I go crawling? How many bolts per side?
When I remove or install, I use my small electric driver. It takes less than 5 minutes for both sides. All you’re doing is separating the clamp halves. The entire assembly is removed in one piece.
Sponsored

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What we’re running up against right now is a barrage of orders in a very short time span. We’re machining the parts for the orders that were placed in the Labor Day/SEMA sale/Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Holiday Sale for various products. There was a huge influx of orders in those last 2.5 months of the year. The lead time for the very first MAGNUM order of the Labor Day sale would differ greatly from the very last MAGNUM order for the holiday sale.

To help make it make sense, our MAGNUM production rate is currently 4 orders per day of the 4 door option. If we receive 30 orders in one day, it’s one week of steady production to produce those orders. Do that for 3 days in a row during the sale and we’re up to nearly a month of machining to produce all of the parts for the Labor Day sale, barring zero hiccups. Do that exercise again for the SEMA sale, then Black Friday and you can quickly math why the lead time has grown. Eventually we’ll get over the hump and bring the lead times back to where they were in the summer.

So if you have an order placed, please be patient. It will arrive. We’re throwing billets as fast as we can at our CNC machines to get orders out the door for you guys.
So if I ordered on Black Friday, what’s the lead time I’m looking at? Currently on week 10 of waiting, but now it’s looking like I won’t see these until the summer. Crazy

Andrew Espo

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So if I ordered on Black Friday, what’s the lead time I’m looking at? Currently on week 10 of waiting, but now it’s looking like I won’t see these until the summer. Crazy
I ordered 09/05/2023 and still waiting patiently, order 8431 so that's 5 months I'm in the queue. If that gives you any indication you have around a 6month waiting, maybe longer depending on the machines they use going down for maintenance.

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered 09/05/2023 and still waiting patiently, order 8431 so that's 5 months I'm in the queue. If that gives you any indication you have around a 6month waiting, maybe longer depending on the machines they use going down for maintenance.
If they were upfront about the wait I would have bought something half the price that would be at my door a week later. I just had a painful wait for my bronco, now I have to wait even longer for some running boards that I paid way too much for.

Sponsored

Andrew Espo

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they were upfront about the wait I would have bought something half the price that would be at my door a week later. I just had a painful wait for my bronco, now I have to wait even longer for some running boards that I paid way too much for.
Eightlug said they doing 4 orders a day so that's, lets say 120 a month, so between September and February they did 600 orders give or take, but that doesn't take into account how far they were behind to begin with. They probably need to expand to accommodate the back log of orders or stop taking orders till they catch up, and yea if I knew 6months for the running boards I would have looked elsewhere I wanted them for the winter but now it looks like I'll have them possibly just before spring. Quality I get takes time, but is that the only reason they're taking so long? Or is it they bit off more than they can chew?

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quality I get takes time, but is that the only reason they're taking so long? Or is it they bit off more than they can chew?
Exactly, I understand machining these steps out of a billet of aluminum will take time, but be honest about it. Their website still says 12 weeks and they keep adding new vehicles to make them for. Either accept the fact these take forever to make and update your lead time to 26+ weeks or expand your manufacturing abilities.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow are these things really taking this long to get, may have to go a different route

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What we’re running up against right now is a barrage of orders in a very short time span. We’re machining the parts for the orders that were placed in the Labor Day/SEMA sale/Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Holiday Sale for various products. There was a huge influx of orders in those last 2.5 months of the year. The lead time for the very first MAGNUM order of the Labor Day sale would differ greatly from the very last MAGNUM order for the holiday sale.

To help make it make sense, our MAGNUM production rate is currently 4 orders per day of the 4 door option. If we receive 30 orders in one day, it’s one week of steady production to produce those orders. Do that for 3 days in a row during the sale and we’re up to nearly a month of machining to produce all of the parts for the Labor Day sale, barring zero hiccups. Do that exercise again for the SEMA sale, then Black Friday and you can quickly math why the lead time has grown. Eventually we’ll get over the hump and bring the lead times back to where they were in the summer.

So if you have an order placed, please be patient. It will arrive. We’re throwing billets as fast as we can at our CNC machines to get orders out the door for you guys.
That's a good problem to have, in some ways. FWIW, maybe not charge the customer until the item ships, maybe have a phone number and someone to answer that number so any questions can be answered efficiently. People expect top notch customer service today, its the world we live in.

Andrew Espo

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not even top notch customer service, it's more transparency with lead times, if your site says 10 weeks which that's what it said when I ordered and I'm still waiting at 20 weeks it's really grossly off. Either you're saying the lower lead time to draw customers in or you really have no idea what you're doing with estimates depending on what your output is and how back logged you are. Let the customer make that decision from start, 26 week lead time....no thank you...10 week ok I can live with that. I'm in too far now cause they kept sending emails saying it was right around corner, last email said it would be shipped between January 15-20th, it's February 5th

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not even top notch customer service, it's more transparency with lead times, if your site says 10 weeks which that's what it said when I ordered and I'm still waiting at 20 weeks it's really grossly off. Either you're saying the lower lead time to draw customers in or you really have no idea what you're doing with estimates depending on what your output is and how back logged you are. Let the customer make that decision from start, 26 week lead time....no thank you...10 week ok I can live with that. I'm in too far now cause they kept sending emails saying it was right around corner, last email said it would be shipped between January 15-20th, it's February 5th
My order went from "just back from Ceracoaters" to "in line for machining". All ass backwards, glad I bailed.

J P

Badlands
First Name
J P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SEND IT.

AR | MAGNUM STIRRUP®

You already knew we weren't going to stop with just the STIRRUP. Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you the MAGNUM.
AR | MAGNUM STIRRUP is live on the website for pre-order. We crunched the numbers and bought up 240' worth of 6061 billets to get the product more cost comparative to the 4 door STIRRUP. There's just no way getting around the volume of material necessary to make this size magic happen.

2 Door: $1,245.00
4 Door: $1,395

With the Bronco6G 20% forum discount, it's shipped to your door for:
$996 for the 2 door
$1,116 for the 4 door

Some of you hit pause on your STIRRUP order to allow the release of the MAGNUM pricing. Go ahead and fire off another email ([email protected]), if you're a go or no-go. If you're a go, we'll create a special code at checkout for just the difference of the MAGNUM. For everyone else that has already said SEND IT on the thread, we'll PM you the 20% off code. The 20% off code will be available to all Bronco6G members forever ever.

============================================================

We're using 12' x 6" x 1.75" of USA made 6061 billets that we are cutting down to size, and machining right here at STARKILLER BASE, to make each and every MAGNUM STIRRUP. If you have an overland build, trail conquering rig, or your daily driver the MAGNUM will fit the bill. It's five inches of width will give your boot or shoe a proper platform to assist you in climbing up in the saddle, conveniently reaching gear on your roof rack, it will protect your BRONCO from shopping carts and car doors, or just something awesome to admire.

Those of you that have any of our products know that nothing we do is rinse and repeat jeep level engineering. This is all multi-op, chamfered edges, post machining, color matching OEM+ GOODNESS. Our entire intent is for our MAGNUM to look like it was on your BRONCO from the factory.

Let's call it 60" for the two door MAGNUM and add fifteen more inches of length for your four door MAGNUM. I've been around billet car parts for a while and the MAGNUM has to be one of the largest billet aluminum parts to be used and semi mass produced in the automotive world. It kind of has to be, to be called the MAGNUM, right?

The entire MAGNUM, along with its Clamps, are coated in a powdercoat that we went to great lengths to, to ensure it closely matched the color that FORD uses, furthering the OEM+ appearance, and not a aftermarket bolt on. Then, if you so choose, we post machine to remove the powdercoating from the top surface and reveal the raw billet aluminum and provide a very classy contrast. This will also give the MAGNUM years and years of striking good looks and no rust... ever. The more you step on the MAGNUM, the more naturally worn the aluminum will look but it won't affect the powdercoating.

MAGNUM is mounted to your OEM rocker rail with 4 Clamps each and M8 and M10 316 stainless fasteners. Nothing but the best. A single M8 bolt alone has 110,000 PSI tensile strength! The MAGNUM is definitely more solid than the rail it's mounted to. With its coating and the use of aluminum and stainless, the MAGNUM will require little maintenance and it will last the life of your Bronco.

The MAGNUM will be sold in a pair. You'll select 2 Door MAGNUM or 4 Door MAGNUM from the drop down. This will also be a BRONCO6G exclusive part, at launch, and B6G members will always be eligible for the 20% discount.

AR | MAGNUM Clamp Bracket

The Clamp on bracket is standard for both 2 Door and 4 Door MAGNUM. Both the 2" drop location and standard height (more even with the top of the OEM slider, are available on the Clamp Bracket.) This is the same tried and tested Clamp used with the AR | STIRRUP. We just doubled up the clamp number for both looks and just in case you want to take a family photo of everyone standing on a MAGNUM. *The first family that posts a pic doing this will each get our new Overland Bronco shirts. ;)

The Clamp is secured with a pair of M6 316 stainless steel bolts. We apply a heavy duty rubber isolator to our Clamps to ensure there is zero metal on metal contact with your OEM rail. No metal chaffing means no wear on your rock rail's finish. And for those in the salt belt, that means less rust and corrosion on that steel part.

The Clamp bracket is easily installed and removed. We're talking minutes. Not so crazy easy that you would need to worry about theft. All of the mounting hardware is hidden from view and also placed in a counter bore in the Clamp to ensure the bolt head is never worn away or damaged by road debris.

*I'll continue to update this thread with detailed pics and the machining process. This is going to be fun!

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192110.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192149.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192213.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192237.jpg

Stirrup_Magnum_2_Door_Black_3A.jpg

Stirrup_Magnum_2_Door_Black_3B.jpg

Stirrup_Magnum_2_Door_Black_4A.jpg

Stirrup_Magnum_2_Door_Black_4B.jpg

Stirrup_Magnum_2_Door_Black_5.jpg

6BAF2BC5-4720-42BA-8F18-9446BA532338.jpeg

BD5C7ECF-8DE8-4330-9004-15BAF39E5685.jpeg

93DBB079-0377-4582-BE36-5EC9EF684DA0.jpeg

413E12D1-29CA-4D36-9030-64F3C4F345F9.jpeg

54AA8AB8-35B5-4A20-8910-066F24E921D8.jpeg

C42F6841-EF39-4E8D-878D-A9BC15F175CA.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192334.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192355.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192445.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192509.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192528.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192552.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192639.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192709.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-08 192731.jpg

GOAT PANDA

Black Diamond
First Name
Young
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4door Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, I wouldn't ask for updates on an order. That's just me, I order stuff all the time and I just wait. I'm talking big, expensive orders for stuff. Tracy gives you a date based on the production/shipping schedule at the time that you ask. If a CNC machine goes down or a similar production issue arises, she doesn't go back and amend all the previous order updates. And as far as replies to an order update, those are lower on the list than customers that have questions on their received order or a question about an item when they're placing an order. We do our best to triage emails, but we're inundated with emails.

To this date, no one is producing parts like we do. There's a process to it. It's a lot of work and a lot of steps. Customers either get it or they don't. We're turning away new work everyday, just to keep SKUs down and the manufacturing process as streamlined as we can. If that means the loss of returning customers, I'll live with that. As it is, there aren't enough hours and days in the week do what what it is I already need to do.
Pretty ridiculous how you are telling customers not to ask for an update when we paid full price based on the stated info+ lead time on the website lol.

For the guys who are still waiting, I received mine on Jan 19th. (order number #8192).
The product looks awesome! but their customer service is literally downgrading their product and brand image.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My order went from "just back from Ceracoaters" to "in line for machining". All ass backwards, glad I bailed.
They charged me the cancellation fee I agreed to on order

I’m glad I paid it

I wish they sold complete hardtops because that thread would be 🔥

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Pretty ridiculous how you are telling customers not to ask for an update when we paid full price based on the stated info+ lead time on the website lol.

For the guys who are still waiting, I received mine on Jan 19th. (order number #8192).
The product looks awesome! but their customer service is literally downgrading their product and brand image.
People don't realize the amount of time it takes to look for a specific order, then find where it is in the process, locate where all of the supporting assemblies are in their respective processes, then find out how many are in front the order in question, then deduce how long it will take to essentially inspect, finish, pack, and ship all of the like orders ahead of the order in question, then come up with a ship date that is attainable for the order we're looking into, barring any slight hiccup in CNC machine uptime, delivery truck breaking down and not providing material on schedule, utility power outage, or anything else that can disrupt the production flow and cascade down to slipping lead times. Then fire an email back.

Last week, I removed the led time estimate, because it's a moving target. It changes on a day to day basis. It now says something to the effect that there is a lead time and If you're curious to what it is, email us. I've also revised the general update email to encompass the current status of items with the longest wait. The process laid out above is far too arduous to perform multiple times a day.

The real answer is just raise the prices, right? This is absolutely an example of supply and demand. The demand has grown exponentially, yet, the price has remained relatively constant and the 20% B6G discount has remained. For anyone that's curious, call your local machine shop. Ask them what 10 hours of 3 axis time will cost on their mill. You'll be surprised. Take that number and add material cost, powdercoating, stainless steel hardware, packing materials and shipping cost. Then add a margin so you can call it a business and not a charity. We're producing a full billet product. A HUGE one at that, within a few hundred dollars of a sheet metal and tube steel product. All I ask is that if you ordered from us, please be patient.
Sponsored