First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe the BFG is a wireless air down system only. Unless they're making wheels with integral CO2 tanks or something that I'm not seeing, they're probably just using a powertank on each tire for inflation. I was initially going to go that route but CO2 here is pretty expensive and a hassle to get filled, plus the whole purge and fill with air at home so your pressure doesn't fluctuate wildly with temp changes.
Yeah , it just seems very costly and very dangerous with pressurized tanks under heavy loads. The benefit I very minimal compared to the cost and setup difficulty.
Sponsored

FireBall

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Venza, Catalina 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey OBX.... another NC Bronco owner here. We do beach as well as trials and rock crawling.

I applaud you for the time and effort you put into figuring out, installing and sharing your system. Like you, I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a simple way to air-down / air-up the tires for off road use. After much time designing and pricing out the parts, I realized that there really wasn't a need to "reinvent the wheel".

Since we do more than just beach driving, we need to be WAY more careful about "dangly bits" beneath the Bronco. Anything below the Bronco can (and will) eventually snag on something, whether it's a bad rock scrape or a simple piece of stray driftwood on the beach that you didn't see.

My solution: Same compressor - same mounting location. However, I use one of the 4-ways' that you mention briefly coupled to a remote air port for the compressor, mounted on the front bumper. The 4-way has a pressure gauge built in, as well as a shut-off valve, so you can flip the valve to closed and read the current pressure in all 4 tires. Is there some slight differential in pressure due to heat / distance? Not really. When my tires are at the designated pressure, I just close the system ball valve and leave the hoses on for an extra 10-15 seconds to allow equalization.

Works like a champ. Cheaper than the complex design. No hoses underneath the Bronco to snag on "stuff". One hose bundle to plug in (without lifting the hood or climbing under the Bronco). When I'm done, I simply remove the outlets from each tire, put them on my friend's Bronco / Jeep / (insert 4wd vehicle of choice here) and open the valve. Lather - rinse - repeat for as many vehicles as you need to fill. The compressor turns itself off when the valve is closed, so giving it some rest between vehicles is pretty much automatic.

Again, I applaud you for following through on your ideas. Just wanted to share my approach. Links to the parts I use:

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/compressor-mounts-accessories/171314-arb-remote-hose-coupling-kit

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ssories/0740205-arb-hose-reinforced-jic-04-2m

https://morrflate.com/shop/morrflate-multi-tire-air-kits/morrflate-quad-4-tire-air-kit/

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey OBX.... another NC Bronco owner here. We do beach as well as trials and rock crawling.

I applaud you for the time and effort you put into figuring out, installing and sharing your system. Like you, I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a simple way to air-down / air-up the tires for off road use. After much time designing and pricing out the parts, I realized that there really wasn't a need to "reinvent the wheel".

Since we do more than just beach driving, we need to be WAY more careful about "dangly bits" beneath the Bronco. Anything below the Bronco can (and will) eventually snag on something, whether it's a bad rock scrape or a simple piece of stray driftwood on the beach that you didn't see.

My solution: Same compressor - same mounting location. However, I use one of the 4-ways' that you mention briefly coupled to a remote air port for the compressor, mounted on the front bumper. The 4-way has a pressure gauge built in, as well as a shut-off valve, so you can flip the valve to closed and read the current pressure in all 4 tires. Is there some slight differential in pressure due to heat / distance? Not really. When my tires are at the designated pressure, I just close the system ball valve and leave the hoses on for an extra 10-15 seconds to allow equalization.

Works like a champ. Cheaper than the complex design. No hoses underneath the Bronco to snag on "stuff". One hose bundle to plug in (without lifting the hood or climbing under the Bronco). When I'm done, I simply remove the outlets from each tire, put them on my friend's Bronco / Jeep / (insert 4wd vehicle of choice here) and open the valve. Lather - rinse - repeat for as many vehicles as you need to fill. The compressor turns itself off when the valve is closed, so giving it some rest between vehicles is pretty much automatic.

Again, I applaud you for following through on your ideas. Just wanted to share my approach. Links to the parts I use:

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/compressor-mounts-accessories/171314-arb-remote-hose-coupling-kit

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ssories/0740205-arb-hose-reinforced-jic-04-2m

https://morrflate.com/shop/morrflate-multi-tire-air-kits/morrflate-quad-4-tire-air-kit/
Thats awesome , I was thinking if I want to be more tidy per say with my setup , I might rerun the hoses very tightly to the body to get them very close. I do like the 3 way there. Could see that being useful as far as integrating that to my system if hose length really only matters to the center point. I could do a 5 way maybe and make my own mount. Lots of ideas flowing , and your setup is interesting. In time I'll see how mine pans out. I really appreciate the input , its nice to know how to tinker with shit.....engineers mind and all =P Thank you

Ryan at ARB

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
arbusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ, Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great video, it's packed with lots of good information! Here are a couple of details that I would like to address

1. Compressor MAX draw is 69A, not 60A. The two relays are 40A each.
2. Each motor has a built-in pop-off valve that bleeds around 170PSI. An additional pop-off valve is not necessary.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2. Each motor has a built-in pop-off valve that bleeds around 170PSI. An additional pop-off valve is not necessary.
Hey Ryan, thanks for chiming in. Having a 5gal tank plumbed in wouldn't cause any issues with the built in popoffs, would it? I was intending on installing a popoff to my tank but if they're up to the task it would seem redundant to add one.

Sponsored

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been thinking of setting up a system like what you describe.

Did you wire up your ARB Compressor to an Aux switch so you don't have to open the hood?

And am I thinking about the following the way?

You flip the Aux switch and the ARB Compressor turn on and will pressurize up to your remove plug on your bumper and then automatically cut off at 150 PSI...and then you connect up your Morreflate and open the main valve on the Morreflate...the compressor will come on as you pump up all 4 tires at once... and when you close the Morreflate cut off, the ARB Compressor will just cut itself off when pressure builds up while you check the pressure with the built in Morreflat as the tires all equalize? Trying to make sure I have my mind around this.

And are you using the metal line you linked to for the compressor to the remote port?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been thinking of setting up a system like what you describe.

Did you wire up your ARB Compressor to an Aux switch so you don't have to open the hood?

And am I thinking about the following the way?

You flip the Aux switch and the ARB Compressor turn on and will pressurize up to your remove plug on your bumper and then automatically cut off at 150 PSI...and then you connect up your Morreflate and open the main valve on the Morreflate...the compressor will come on as you pump up all 4 tires at once... and when you close the Morreflate cut off, the ARB Compressor will just cut itself off when pressure builds up while you check the pressure with the built in Morreflat as the tires all equalize? Trying to make sure I have my mind around this.

And are you using the metal line you linked to for the compressor to the remote port?
He's probably in the same boat as us, no upfitters as he has an AuxBeam switch panel in there. So the switch panel does the same as an upfitter, turns the compressor on and off. That's how our kit is setup.

He's using our KR Off-Road Compressor Kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-air-compressor-engine-bay-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

I don't actually recommend customers pressurize/turn on your compressor UNTIL you have something plugged in. You certainly CAN but the pressure will make it more difficult as the pressure will fight you at the coupler when you try and insert something. It's easiest to just plug something in (the morrflate) to the coupler and then turn the compressor on. And the reverse is true. When you are done airing up turn the compressor off and DUMP the air in the line, so that you drop the pressure and the coupler doesn't SHOOT your hose out as you release it from the pressure.

But yeah that's basically how it works. Plug in the moorflate to the ARB coupler (you don't need to connect the tires yet, although some air is bound to leak out from the connections). Turn compressor on, hookup tires, turn compressor off, dump the air from the release valve on the moorflate.

Or hookup all the tires/hoses, turn compressor on and then you can turn it off/dump the air, remove everything.

With the moorflate system I like to use an extension off the compressor since I don't have a remote coupler. But if you have a remote coupler you don't need an extension (the extension helps keep things cooler).

Don't forget to check your pressure AFTER you turn the air off (on the moorflate you SLIDE the green part up or down) and then check your pressure, otherwise you'll get an incorrect reading. You always want to take a pressure reading WITHOUT air flowing.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He's probably in the same boat as us, no upfitters as he has an AuxBeam switch panel in there. So the switch panel does the same as an upfitter, turns the compressor on and off. That's how our kit is setup.

He's using our KR Off-Road Compressor Kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-air-compressor-engine-bay-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

I don't actually recommend customers pressurize/turn on your compressor UNTIL you have something plugged in. You certainly CAN but the pressure will make it more difficult as the pressure will fight you at the coupler when you try and insert something. It's easiest to just plug something in (the morrflate) to the coupler and then turn the compressor on. And the reverse is true. When you are done airing up turn the compressor off and DUMP the air in the line, so that you drop the pressure and the coupler doesn't SHOOT your hose out as you release it from the pressure.

But yeah that's basically how it works. Plug in the moorflate to the ARB coupler (you don't need to connect the tires yet, although some air is bound to leak out from the connections). Turn compressor on, hookup tires, turn compressor off, dump the air from the release valve on the moorflate.

Or hookup all the tires/hoses, turn compressor on and then you can turn it off/dump the air, remove everything.

With the moorflate system I like to use an extension off the compressor since I don't have a remote coupler. But if you have a remote coupler you don't need an extension (the extension helps keep things cooler).

Don't forget to check your pressure AFTER you turn the air off (on the moorflate you SLIDE the green part up or down) and then check your pressure, otherwise you'll get an incorrect reading. You always want to take a pressure reading WITHOUT air flowing.
What I do is I hook up the hoses to all four tires in a non pressurized system , then I turn the compressor on and it inflates all four tires at once , then when I go to unhook everything. Unhooking the tires is done with grabbing and squeezing the lock n flat valves. You grip them so they do not pop off fast off the valve stems and you are firmly holding them.

LockNFlate® Locking Air Chuck – LockNLube

Once all four are removed , then I release the air with my solenoid to bleed out air in the line. Then I unhook the couplers at the four locations and roll them up. Close the solenoid and done.
Sponsored