Sponsored

ARB Air Compressor, deflate solenoid, and wiring.... all hooked up in engine bay

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So far all wiring done , compressor done , and stainless steel solenoid installed for deflation. Still have to run air hoses to the 4 corners and inside to a digital gauge but so far everything is working like a champ.

20230104_152815.jpg

20230104_152821.jpg

20230104_152826.jpg

20230104_152834.jpg

20230104_152807.jpg
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So when you're done, you can hook up air hoses to each tire and digitally set a PSI and the deflator or air compressor will get you to the desired PSI? Am I putting that together right, if so that's pretty bad ass!

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So when you're done, you can hook up air hoses to each tire and digitally set a PSI and the deflator or air compressor will get you to the desired PSI? Am I putting that together right, if so that's pretty bad ass!
When I'm done , I will have 4 short 5 foot hoses , which I already have made up. They go from the valve stems , to where ever my hoses end up on each of the 4 corners of the vehicle. I have a 7 port air distribution block mounted underneath the chassis , Center port is the hose from the air compressor , two forward ports are to the two front corners , 2 back ports are to the two rear corners , that's 5 with two left over. One of those will go to the deflate solenoid , the other will go inside the cab to a digital gauge. The digital gauge will have an input port on the opposite side of it to connect a very long hose if I need to inflate someone else or deflate them. The solenoid and the compressor are tied to the Aux beam stealth switch panel I have behind the sunglass holder. SO when airing down , I connect all four short hoses, hit the switch to deflate and out the air comes , or I turn on the compressor and all 4 tires air up at one time. I also will have APEX air release valves as well, so I do not have to wait to deflate. I can literally dump all 4 tires in about 15 seconds from 40 psi to less than 10 , close the valve stems , cut on the compressor and air back up to 15 psi for beach running.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's really cool, lol. Time to install pneumatic racing jacks!

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So far all wiring done , compressor done , and stainless steel solenoid installed for deflation. Still have to run air hoses to the 4 corners and inside to a digital gauge but so far everything is working like a champ.

Ford Bronco ARB Air Compressor, deflate solenoid, and wiring.... all hooked up in engine bay 20230104_152807

Ford Bronco ARB Air Compressor, deflate solenoid, and wiring.... all hooked up in engine bay 20230104_152807

Nice.... where did you find the blue wire loom / sleeving? Thanks!

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was waiting to see what the BFG auto Deflator/Inflator system look like but this my be good alternative chose if that one doesn't come out.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was waiting to see what the BFG auto Deflator/Inflator system look like but this my be good alternative chose if that one doesn't come out.
Yeah , its going to be nice , I am using a 7 port distribution air block and mounting that to the center of the bronco underneath onto the plastic shield around the fuel tank , so the lines are far away from exhaust pipes. The gas tank has a plastic cover all the way around it on three sides but there is a gap of about a 1/4 inch between the actual tank and the plastic shield. I'm going to drill 6 holes into that plastic shield using a metal plate behind where i'm drilling so I do not punch through the gas tank. Then once I have 3 sets of holes that will be above and below where the distribution block will mount , I will use heavy duty zip ties to zip tie between the fittings to hold the block in place. Then run all my air lines carefully to stay away from anything moving or hot then it will all be in place.

G.ATX.M

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

20230104_152815.jpg

20230104_152821.jpg

20230104_152826.jpg

20230104_152834.jpg

20230104_152807.jpg
That’s one hell of a setup! Just curious why you’re doing all of this vs using something like the morrflate 4 tire kit with one centrally located coupler ?

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
morrflate 4
Morflate is all exterior so when you are done , you have to roll all that up and store it away , I'll only have 4 , 5 foot hoses to roll up which take up very little space in the cab. Morflate is also a little less accurate at filling all tires to exactly the same PSI cause the distance from the center to all four tires is not exactly the same you always have one or two tires 1 to 2 PSI difference . Mine will be exactly the same PSI everytime . I will never have to open the hood to inflate or deflate myself or anyone else. Morflate is also cheap parts. I am using 100 percent Milton connections ( best in the industry for not leaking or breaking or wearing ) for all connections but one and that's the ends that connect to the valve stems , they are Jaco 90 degree valve stem couplers. Bluebird hose cause its blue and matches everything else. Its not much more expensive that Morflate but tons more quality.

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Very nice! Could you bless us with pics showing how the hoses are ran to each wheel and perhaps an overall parts list? I’m looking to do something similar but with the ARB pressure control kit for inflate and deflate from my phone.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very nice! Could you bless us with pics showing how the hoses are ran to each wheel and perhaps an overall parts list? I’m looking to do something similar but with the ARB pressure control kit for inflate and deflate from my phone.
Yeah , got to run all the hose still but sure when I'm done , will be a you tube video.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t put your 700.00 compressor under the hood

Ford Bronco ARB Air Compressor, deflate solenoid, and wiring.... all hooked up in engine bay F5F0457E-B83F-45DA-8ACB-55A3B1BB7B9D
as much as I can see this from a heat perspective. I am already going to get shit from my wife for the noise it makes when operating so cutting down the noise 50 or 60 decibels , that is a good thing. I can relocate the air intakes if I need too for a cooler air intake which will lower the operating temperature of the compressors. However , I doubt heat will be a huge issue as this thing is designed to be mounted there. If it fails due to heat then I'm sure ARB will get a call from me.

Dickzip

Everglades
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

ARB compressors have been around for a long time. So I’d say they were not “designed”for this location. They are high quality, heavy duty for sure and mine gets very hot when in use installed inside the bronco. Exposer to heat, water, DUST and whatever u might run into is gona have a high impact on the unit. I feel this was an easy location for company’s to create a bracket for. It’s an easy install also being so close to the battery. Noise? Well off-roading isn’t clean or easy.
Sponsored