chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did I just read that correctly- You must remove the skid plate to drain the engine oil??? Most (every) other skid plate system I have seen has figured out an access panel design. 88lbs isn't bad though!

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I just read that correctly- You must remove the skid plate to drain the engine oil??? Most (every) other skid plate system I have seen has figured out an access panel design. 88lbs isn't bad though!
yeah I was thinking about that the other day...that's going to be difficult for someone other than the dealership to service, no? Like I couldn't take this to valvoline to have them take off and service, could I?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yeah I was thinking about that the other day...that's going to be difficult for someone other than the dealership to service, no? Like I couldn't take this to valvoline to have them take off and service, could I?
If you took it to a dealership, they would be pissed too! No quick lane oil changes at Jiffy Lube or the dealer.. Everyone will probably want to add 30min to an hour of labor just take the skid plate off/put it back on. Other option is to suck it out the top, which isn't a bad option. That is if you can get the oil filter swapped without taking the skid plate off.

Heck, I caught the dealer tossing my FJ cruiser FACTORY access plastic panel in the trash when I took in for an oil change.. The lazy mechanics were too "busy" to pop it back into place and just left it off. I checked before I dropped it off and before I left the parking lot.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looks like ARB is close to releasing their skid plate offering

Ford Bronco ARB Under vehicle Protection Panels - Skid plates 1633319729318

https://dasmule.com/products/arb-2021-ford-bronco-uvp-skid-plate-system
The "
looks like ARB is close to releasing their skid plate offering

Ford Bronco ARB Under vehicle Protection Panels - Skid plates 1633319729318

https://dasmule.com/products/arb-2021-ford-bronco-uvp-skid-plate-system
Yeah, the pull plate to lube thing caught me, but it makes more sense when you read their reasoning. How often are you going to change your oil? If you are psychoflyboy, or Ms. Baja 1000, this is your plate. 3mms is pretty thick. I don't think it's a design flaw though. Looks like it was a concious decision. Look at their hidden winch number with cowboys and I think that they are just super aggro in their approach. Sticking with the Ford full body thing for myself as I don't have a pit crew. (Yet, mwuahaha.)

"The ARB UVP to suit the Ford Bronco consist of four carefully designed panels. The front, sump and transmission and transfer case panels bolt directly to the chassis to provide continuous under vehicle protection from the front bumper to the rear of the transfer case. Each UVP panel includes a return edge to add strength to the 3mm panel."

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy giant bumper on that Bronco

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope what they decided to do is better than what was made for the FJ...Their skid lasted for 2-3 outings, then you had to take them off and hammer them back into shape.

Ricochet off-road, is working on something for the Bronco, that's what i've had on my FJ for 10 years, and real happy with them. Looking forward to what they come up with for the Bronco.

Aaeros

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if this covers the catalytic converter.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if this covers the catalytic converter.
I would think so. I plan on getting these as soon as I know when my Bronco is going to be built. Hopefully the price won't climb to much between now and then.
Sponsored