chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If the body shop follows OE procedures, meaning they put it on a laser frame measuring rack, hung targets and measured the amount of diagonal, it's toast. Beside the front and rear repair sections, there's no provision for these frames to be straightened/pulled according to Ford. Good chance the cargo floor, up to the rear seat is messed up and even with sections available, will dramatically drive the repair cost up.

Just looking at the pics, my guess is the $30K+ area. The frame itself, which is showing 5 available, has a list price of $5,551.88. I think the p/n is NB3Z-5005-K but would need the VIN to be sure because it's superseded 5 times since introduced. Not sure the time to do a frame swap but I'd guess the 50 hour range. You'd also need to replace all one time use fasteners and anything else that breaks coming apart. Still haven't dealt with any body damage at this point and would assume there will be some hidden which likely means a fatty supplement.
I would rather have it totaled than have a Bronco that has had $30k plus of repairs
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would rather have it totaled than have a Bronco that has had $30k plus of repairs
As long as it hits the damage threshold % and you don't have some sort of attachment to it, I agree. Yes, it's a FE but there really isn't any real collector added value to these so if the numbers work, take the buyout and look for a newer model.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As long as it hits the damage threshold % and you don't have some sort of attachment to it, I agree. Yes, it's a FE but there really isn't any real collector added value to these so if the numbers work, take the buyout and look for a newer model.
It’s not my FE, it’s my 2021 Badlands so even less reason, we bought my wife the badlands and me the FE…. But she keeps driving her 2007 FJ Cruiser, she really never got comfortable driving the Bronco.

Thanks for the feedback, to some it doesn’t look like much, but as soon as I saw the frame damage, door gaps and the hardtop movement, I knew things were getting expensive fast.

MichaelCar001

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Short story I got rear ended hard by a DUI, lots of damage, but I am curious about the frame. My rear cross member, hitch and at least the driver's rear frame rail piece are toast. It looks like there is a replaceable section of frame that is behind the axle. I am guessing that I need all of that.. plus bumper, trim, muffler, wiring harnesses, sensors, tailgate, paint etc....

Are those rear frame parts available or do you have to replace the whole frame?
You know, in places where car accidents happen a lot, car makers usually plan for it by making certain parts easy to replace. Instead of swapping out the whole frame, they make it so you can just fix up the damaged sections. It's cheaper and doesn't take as much time.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depending on your state, you'd also be entitled to a substantial diminished value payment to cover the hit to the repaired Bronco's resale. Couple that with the out of service time and rental vehicle cost to the insurance co. and I'd be surprised if it wasn't totaled. Plus, the insurer doesn't want the liability of you coming back at a a later date with a repair or worse, injury due to an improperly completed repair. Insurance companies are financial institutions. They'd rather pay a bit more now and get the long term liability off their books. If the person who hits you has a reputable insurance company, you should press them for a new 2024 like replacement as the damaged vehicle looks minty.

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like time to start removing any personal items or mods you want to keep. Sorry to see this. The insurance hassle just makes a bad situation worse.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Frame on driver’s side is toast, cargo floor is bent upwards, door gap on driver’s side is hideous, tailgate is trash… going to body shop tomorrow for an estimate
Sounds like time to start removing any personal items or mods you want to keep. Sorry to see this. The insurance hassle just makes a bad situation worse.
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? IMG_6069
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? IMG_6067
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? IMG_6066
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? IMG_6065

image.jpg

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some more where you can see the drivers side is hosed up and think the gap on the passenger side is tight (compared to my FE)
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? image
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? image

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This not gonna be fun- Went to the bodyshop my insurance agent recommended- They don't work on aluminum body vehicles. Called the shop the first recommended- First date for an estimate is July, maybe get into the shop in September.. That is crazy. Called 3rd shop and headed there today for an estimate..

Driver's side front door is rubbing on something- I think there is a lot of hidden damage... Hardtop is creaking like it hasn't done in the past...
Sponsored