Sponsored

Are the Anderson Composites and AVD Hard Tops better than the Stock OEM Hard Top ? ? ? ?

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one who stuck with the hard top will admit that waiting another year for their Bronco absolutely sucked, and the OEM hard top was not worth waiting for.
I will disagree. The wait was well worth it as I live in a climate with lots of snow in the winter and a soft top would not have worked. My hard top, so far, has had no issues and hopefully it will continue to be that way.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Availability? Try and order a full MIC as a unit from FORD, let alone the forever promised painted modular (which Ford paid me $1800 to give up in order to receivemy Bronco an dI would gladly pay for it now
OEM = cardboard encased in plastic
Anderson and ADV = fiberglass (like virtually every other hardtop)

Quality and lifespan of one vs. another? 🤷‍♂️ If I had to place a bet, I know which one I wouldn't choose. :LOL:
Yes but it is hi tech space force cardboard

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got scheduled immediately after switching to a softie. I’ve been driving and enjoying the Bronco for over a year now. The top I wanted from Ford (painted mod) is still not available lol. So me personally I’m glad I switched.

ill likely buy a primered top from Anderson

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one who dropped the factory top to get built quickly will want to admit they made a $6-8k mistake.
Had this conversation today. I’m 100% happier switching to a soft top early on and got it November 2021. Tons of trips we were able to go on in the timeframe was well worth it.

Reese

Badlands
First Name
Reese 💁🏻‍♀️🇨🇦
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Lux 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will disagree. The wait was well worth it as I live in a climate with lots of snow in the winter and a soft top would not have worked. My hard top, so far, has had no issues and hopefully it will continue to be that way.
I agree @the poacher. I live in the same climate and a soft top just wouldn’t work. Would I choose a soft top if I lived in a hot climate all year round? Sure I would. But I don’t. I have a Badlands Lux Hard Top and I’m so glad that I stuck it out for 15 months.
It was so worth the wait.

I don’t think one is better over the other. I think you have to choose based on your geographic area and what works for you. I think that everyone is in a different life situation, different country and different dealerships. You can make anything work really. Many modifications and upgrades can be made along the way of being an owner. Or keep it original. After all, that’s why we luv the Bronco, because we can make it “our own”. I believe @Ford built it as a modular
off-road vehicle for that reason.

~Reese
💃🏻✌🏼🇨🇦

Last edited:

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
No one who dropped the factory top to get built quickly will want to admit they made a $6-8k mistake.
I did just that, and got my Bronco in a few months instead of a few years. I don't consider it a $7K mistake. Firstly we needed another vehicle and waiting another year or more wasn't an option. Yes its expensive but look at the $$$ people pay just to get a 12" screen or heated seats. I'll pay the money to get a good quality top.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had this conversation today. I’m 100% happier switching to a soft top early on and got it November 2021. Tons of trips we were able to go on in the timeframe was well worth it.
Yeah me too! We have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the soft top. If it wasn't for the better access with the liftgate I would probably stay with the soft.
Sponsored